You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Professor_Jumbo

Well, I tried to like this game but ...

40 comments in this topic

[BUNNY]
Members
79 posts
1,522 battles

Game play is great, visually it's pretty excellent.  But they just put waaaaaay too much crapin here seemingly for the purpose of pissing you off.  I'm in a Nassau.  Fighting a DD.  DD fires all his torps and misses.  So he starts shooting at me with his main guns and well sur-prise sur-prise, he kills me with 1 shot.  Yeah, makes total sense that a destroyer can kill a full health battleship with 1 hit from his main gun.  So yeah, I'm out.  [edited] this [edited]

• Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[PNGYN]
Members
491 posts
3,297 battles

I smell a troll.

Replay, or I will never believe you.

Also, get past tier 3? Just a suggestion. 131 battles is not nearly enough to say that you're done with the game.

[SF-A]
Members
2,950 posts
5,927 battles

Ok. Wait a few months, then cash in on the 'we want you back' goodies. By that time the game may have changed or your tastes or patience could have as well.

• Cool 1

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
399 posts
4,578 battles

The rage will bring you back.  That's why detonations are a thing.  We are simple creatures.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,204 posts
7,855 battles
21 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

Fun and engaging detonation mechanic.

It's not possible.  No HE shell is capable of detonating a battleship.  Believe me, I've tried to make it happen and it's physically impossible.

• Cool 8

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,706 posts
6,634 battles

He does have 1 Detonation on record. Maybe he got detonated by a torpedo.

[NAVY]
Members
1,021 posts
4,141 battles

Can a Nassau have it's armor penned, magazines damaged and detonated from one salvo from a tier 3 or 4 DD firing HE or AP, though? I don't think that is possible. Torpedoes could have done it but not the DD's guns. Plus, he would have to have been below 75 % of his HP pool to have that happen as well.

Edited by daVinci761st
I cannot type or spell for you know what tonight

Members
68 posts
11,378 battles

Game mechanics can be a little frustrating. A DD comes around an island, pops his smoke in range of Bismarck my secondaries. He is moving to fast and I'm able to get a round off with my main batteries. They where a miss of a deflection. My secondaries get a second round just as he stops out running his smoke. BOOM, my secondaries hit for a detonation. For the rest of the game the DD is complaining in chat. All of my dead team mates was just egging him on. The game can be frustrating. Take a deep breath or a sip of a good Scotch and remember it is just a game.

Edited by Ens_Stovall

[WG-CC]
9,204 posts
7,855 battles
1 minute ago, daVinci761st said:

Can a Nassau have it's armor penned, magazines damaged and detonated from one salvo from a tier 3 or 4 DD firing HE or AP, though? I don't think that is possible. 

It's not.  No destroyer-caliber gun can citadel Nassau's magazine and no HE shell in the game, up to and including Yamato's 460mm and Conqueror's 457mm HE shells are capable of damaging a battleship's magazine.

• Cool 1

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,660 posts
2,878 battles
1 minute ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

It's not.  No destroyer-caliber gun can citadel Nassau's magazine and no HE shell in the game, up to and including Yamato's 460mm and Conqueror's 457mm HE shells are capable of damaging a battleship's magazine.

Which is why he most likely ate another torpedo and it detonated him and he didn't know how fast that DD could reload torpedo's.

[TFB]
[TFB]
Members
314 posts
7,939 battles

he could have been hit by something else shooting at him and thought it was the DD, but like others have said, need to see it to buy into it.

[-VT-]
Members
349 posts
6,970 battles

He probably got hit by another ship for most of his hp and the dd happened to have the finishing blow, only thing I can think of outside being detonated by torpedoes.

Edited by DemonGod3

[WG-CC]
9,204 posts
7,855 battles

I think it's more likely the entire scenario was made up for the purposes of trolling.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[WOLF4]
Members
1,222 posts
2,784 battles
Just now, DemonGod3 said:

He probably got hit by another ship for most o his hp and the dd happened to have the finishing blow, only thing I can think of outside being detonated by torpedoes.

Probably took one right under a turret and took a hit to the magazine and didn't see it coming.

When you are new there's quite a bit to take in and its really really easy to tunnel vision.

[WOLF4]
Members
1,222 posts
2,784 battles
1 minute ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I think it's more likely the entire scenario was made up for the purposes of trolling.

I was kinda surprised you even replied in here.

• Cool 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,968 posts
13,213 battles

It's also possible he was flooding out (from a torp hit earlier in the game), didn't recognize it, and just flooded the final damage tic as the DD fired on him, or the DD fired on him and got the final damage tic.

I know in my early days of the game I flooded out a few times before I realized what was happening.

[PVE]
Members
2,008 posts
18,485 battles
20 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:
22 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I was kinda surprised you even replied in here.

Ditto

28 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

But I'm glad you did because I wasn't aware of this (I had an idea of the DD caliber guns not being able to detonate a BB but had no idea a Yammy/Conq caliber HE shell couldn't). Thanx for clarifying that.

But I also noticed nobody has actually "tagged" the OP w/other than "bye bye" comments. He very well may be a troll...but...

21 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Probably took one right under a turret and took a hit to the magazine and didn't see it coming.

When you are new there's quite a bit to take in and its really really easy to tunnel vision.

xalmgrey brings up a good point here.

1 hour ago, Professor_Jumbo said:

Game play is great, visually it's pretty excellent.  But they just put waaaaaay too much crapin here seemingly for the purpose of pissing you off.  I'm in a Nassau.  Fighting a DD.  DD fires all his torps and misses.  So he starts shooting at me with his main guns and well sur-prise sur-prise, he kills me with 1 shot.  Yeah, makes total sense that a destroyer can kill a full health battleship with 1 hit from his main gun.  So yeah, I'm out.  [edited] this stupid crapgame.

OP...if you're truly gone than so be it...but the scenario you described is impossible per the game mechanics. Odds are another round from some other ship (or an unseen torpedo) got you but the DD rounds definitely did not.

Odds are you do not have replays enabled but if you do 1 would really help to clarify. If not...odds are you just misinterpreted all the options that might have actually caused the detonation.

"Fun & Engaging" is the inside joke in relationship to the detonation mechanic as it pisses off all until you get used to it...but the game is quite fun beside that particular mechanic & it's frequency is pretty rare (it took you 136 battles to discover it right?) so here's hoping you give it another try.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Members
741 posts
4,697 battles

Trolling aside the potential effect on new players is yet another good reason to completely ditch the detonation mechanic. 

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
9,204 posts
7,855 battles
12 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

Trolling aside the potential effect on new players is yet another good reason to completely ditch the detonation mechanic. 

Speak for yourself.  The detonation mechanic was something I was looking forward to in World of Warships.  That it's still implemented in such a lackluster way disappoints me and I'm very much looking forward to when we finally get some nice animations for different types of ship destruction.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,329 posts
9,639 battles

While the game may not be for you I feel that with the small number of matches you have that you should give it more time before leaving.

Members
1,704 posts
5,144 battles
1 hour ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

Fun and engaging detonation mechanic.

They revised that in one of the recent updates.  You have to be down to a certain percentage of health before a detonation is possible.  

There's no way what the OP is describing could have actually happened. Either something else killed his ship or it didn't really happen.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,153 posts
4,400 battles
31 minutes ago, Professor_Jumbo said:

Detonation mechanic, great idea.  Maybe call of duty should have a "you spontaneously died of a heart attack" mechanic.  

still don't believe you just simply died from a single he shell.

detonations have a very very low chance of according. I got detonated 21 times in over 3.6 battles. If i did the math right, that is like 1 detonation every 170 battles. That about 0.5% chance