Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JCC45

Good-bye St. Louis. It's been fun.

14 comments in this topic

[YORHA]
Members
4,201 posts
7,376 battles

Good-bye my beloved St. Louis.  I always enjoyed you.  You're a tough little cruiser that thinks your're a Battleship and I will miss you.  You were a great way to relax and just have fun without resorting to the frag-fest. death-matches of PVE.  It's nothing you've done and its not your fault.  I just can't take low tier game play anymore.           

It's        just       tooooooo       stupid.

Like tonight.  We were tooling around together on Great Race, 10 minutes or so in, racking up about 38K damage (while taking very little), when all of a sudden someone on the ship starts yelling about torpedoes.  But  I am not even detected.  In fact, I am  just coming out from behind an island to engage another St. Louis.  What the he...     BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM.     And I'm dead.  Cross torped  from behind at short range by 2 of my  team who, I guess, thought their torpedoes could steer themselves .

Things are dumb enough in the mid to high tiers, but this was truly beyond the pale.  

So farewell my old friend.  I won't sell you and I will visit you from time to time (your appearance alone makes me smile)

But I just can't take it anymore.

Members
4,729 posts
8,233 battles

Ok but I WIN in that tier in St Louis. Issue I have is high tiers. Was it 1 match or many in that tier that got ya jaded? I think tier 3-4 are a hoot. Best to ya.  Carry on. 

• Cool 1

Members
4,729 posts
8,233 battles
38 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Have some patience, you were a noob once.

There are some VERY good players in t-3-4. Unicorns.  Why?  Stat padding. No secret. Bunch have a St Louis or Kuma or Doggoie etc. down there.  Check it out. Would I lie?  :Smile_amazed:  Those tiers can be tough to win in when the stat pad division guys team up and invade. It's legal. Ok!  But don't be naive. 

Edited by dmckay

[POP]
Members
1,637 posts
17,767 battles
29 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Good-bye my beloved St. Louis.  I always enjoyed you.  You're a tough little cruiser that thinks your're a Battleship and I will miss you.  You were a great way to relax and just have fun without resorting to the frag-fest. death-matches of PVE.  It's nothing you've done and its not your fault.  I just can't take low tier game play anymore.           

Like tonight.  We were tooling around together on Great Race, 10 minutes or so in, racking up about 38K damage (while taking very little), when all of a sudden someone on the ship starts yelling about torpedoes.  But  I am not even detected.  In fact, I am  just coming out from behind an island to engage another St. Louis.  What the he...     BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM.     And I'm dead.  Cross torped  from behind at short range by 2 of my  team who, I guess, thought their torpedoes could steer themselves .

Things are dumb enough in the mid to high tiers, but this was truly beyond the pale.  

So farewell my old friend.  I won't sell you and I will visit you from time to time (your appearance alone makes me smile)

Gee  for I minute there reading your post I thought you were going to sell the old girl, I don't get mine out as much as I would like to but there is no way in hell I'm going to sell her.

One of the best low tier battleships :Smile_teethhappy: I mean cruisers there is, slow but deadly and feels no pain.

cheers   

• Cool 1

Members
4,729 posts
8,233 battles
59 minutes ago, MohenjoDaro said:

The saddest part is that crap still happens from time to time in the higher tiers...

I hear more complaining bout high tiers that are above tiers 7 .  MUCH MORE.

Edited by dmckay

Members
4,729 posts
8,233 battles
2 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Gee  for I minute there reading your post I thought you were going to sell the old girl, I don't get mine out as much as I would like to but there is no way in hell I'm going to sell her.

One of the best low tier battleships :Smile_teethhappy: I mean cruisers there is, slow but deadly and feels no pain.

cheers   

Why sell one of the best ships in the whole game? 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
827 posts
7,471 battles

I do miss deleting St Louis with the balanced battleship Nikolai. 

But low tiers can be frustrating for that reason. 

[RLGN]
Members
10,703 posts
19,842 battles

Play her in Co-op.

Think of it as revenge on the bots for when you were a noob, and they would troll you hard.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
3,081 posts
21,599 battles

Of all the ships to troll in a Kuma the St L was definitely one of the ones it was best to just try getting a torp angle on as it took forever to burn those things down (as opposed to just about any other ship in the Kuma's meta)…& I ran my Kuma before the protected T4 so even including the T6 ships St L was a pain in comparison.

It even seemed to have a hidden fire resistance compared to other ships...hard to set on fire even in the Kuma at times.

Never ran it myself other than to get through the tree climb but remember always having to work to take them out.

[WOLF8]
Members
80 posts
16,065 battles

I love my St. Louis, although I do not play it much. It was a very fun ship before the introduction of new RN and FN CA lines. One of my all best battle was 2 St. Louis against 2 St Louis. It felt like old tall ships slugging it out. The problem I find these days is game awareness no mater what tier you are playing. When you had fewer lines, player would know the strengths and weakness of the ships they where going against.

Don't sell the old girl you may go back and have fun with her time to time....

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
On 6/13/2018 at 7:59 PM, JCC45 said:

Your Teammates

fHW4ysF.gif

Sign in to follow this