Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

Why remove Yubari?

33 comments in this topic

[ARP3]
Members
456 posts
10,949 battles

Why are they removing Yubari from the IJN tree? I guess it's so power creeped they don't want it available anymore?

[WOLFB]
Members
1,831 posts
8,796 battles

It's just WG removing some premium to add other premium. She will come back another day

• Cool 2

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,339 posts
11,865 battles
35 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Why are they removing Yubari from the IJN tree? I guess it's so power creeped they don't want it available anymore?

Yubari has a high skill floor, but if you can shoot well, she's a DD assassin.  I don't know if I'd call her a good ship given how hard she is to play, but she's got a lot of potential.

[STAR]
Members
2,736 posts
8,003 battles

Yubari its a fun ship to play, put my 19pts Zao cpt on it, great concealment, decent AA to troll t4 CVs. Very agile ship. And good guns, too bad you have few of them.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,339 posts
11,865 battles
5 minutes ago, Xlap said:

Yubari its a fun ship to play, put my 19pts Zao cpt on it, great concealment, decent AA to troll t4 CVs. Very agile ship. And good guns, too bad you have few of them.

I really wish they would have given us the 6 gun version of the ship rather than the 4 gun ship we have.

Members
1,175 posts
3,153 battles

It just said from the tech tree. The only way to get the ship currently is in the online store, it cannot be purchased with dubloons. I don't think they are removing it from the online store, just from the tech tree to help clear up some confusion. 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,654 posts
13,211 battles

Premium ships cycle in and out all the time.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,919 posts
15,675 battles
57 minutes ago, Lord_Argus said:

I think it sucks so no loss really lol

Everybody has an opinion ... 

27 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Yubari has a high skill floor, but if you can shoot well, she's a DD assassin.

I carry a 54% win rate with mine, which I have had since CBT when i didn't know how to play at all. 

23 minutes ago, Xlap said:

Very agile ship. And good guns, too bad you have few of them.

Agreed!

17 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

I really wish they would have given us the 6 gun version of the ship rather than the 4 gun ship we have.

A six gun Yubari would be a terror and borderline OP; her accuracy module is awesome and brings her dispersion down to like 74 or something. She is definitely the most accurate ship at her tier, and maybe the game.

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
586 posts
5,638 battles
7 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

What T4 cruiser is better?  Cause they are all shat.

Kuma, Phoenix, and DT come to mind. Kuma is flexible as all get out, Phoenix has hilarious gun range for tier 4, and DT is fat (lots of HP) with great guns and lights off all the fires.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,892 posts
1 minute ago, Destroyer_Radford said:

Kuma, Phoenix, and DT come to mind. Kuma is flexible as all get out, Phoenix has hilarious gun range for tier 4, and DT is fat (lots of HP) with great guns and lights off all the fires.

I always liked the Kuma

[TF-64]
Members
379 posts
13,274 battles

I kept thinking Danae. I think it's a good boat. That and Clemson are my T4 keepers. I think I still have the RN BB but that's just cuz I haven't cleaned house in ages due to not needed the openings. 

[WOLF3]
Members
6,928 posts
2,724 battles
1 hour ago, Gerbertz said:

Did they say the are removing ships?  where can i read the info?

They are removing that ship.  It's in the 0.7.5.1 release notes.

[PVE]
Members
2,007 posts
18,485 battles
27 minutes ago, Destroyer_Radford said:

25 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

I always liked the Kuma

Oh for the days you could do missions in T4 instead of T5s...my poor Kuma sits collecting dust even though it is still my 2nd most run ship (Gearing only takes top place because it's the only T10 I had when I had $ to afford to buy a camo...less than a month before they removed stealth firing & made me regret that purchase...lol).

I miss my Kuma...although no matter how stressed I may get for slots to continue climbing the tree I will never part w/her...too many good memories.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WPE-2]
[WPE-2]
Beta Testers
178 posts
3,882 battles

Why are some people hating on the Yubari? Shes one of best tier 4 AA cruisers IMHO. Though not as fun as the Katori AKA the Tug of Doom.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,204 posts
7,850 battles

Premium ship rotation through the in game tech tree is commonplace.  Yubari has popped in and out a couple of times already.  Here's her North American release history:

• First Sold in Pre-Order Bundles from April 8th to June 25th, 2015.
  • Sold on June 26th to July 10th, 2016.
  • Sold in various Black Friday bundles 2016.
  • On sale from April 7th to 10th, 2017. 
  • Available Black Friday 2017 from November 22nd to 27th, 2017. 
  • Became available for doubloons on December 20th, 2017. 
  • Became available in the online store February 7th, 2018. 

[ZR]
Members
966 posts
11,698 battles
36 minutes ago, Destroyer_Radford said:

Let me tell you they have nothing except the French cruiser.  That one is pretty great

Members
475 posts
5,767 battles
58 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

What T4 cruiser is better?  Cause they are all shat.

wth?

Svetlana - A tier 4 Bogatry, but faster, with armor and torps. ( but you need a 10 pt captain to make this ship shine )

Phoenix - Amazing gun range at tier 4 . Few guns but excellent reload.

Kuma - a big dd with spotter plane i think. I didn't had a good experience with this one but i know many players love this ship.

Duguay - Again amazing gun range at tier 4 but in comparison with the Phoenix you have worse CE but better salvo damage.

The british i have no idea. 

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,660 posts
2,867 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Everybody has an opinion ... 

I carry a 54% win rate with mine, which I have had since CBT when i didn't know how to play at all. 

Agreed!

A six gun Yubari would be a terror and borderline OP; her accuracy module is awesome and brings her dispersion down to like 74 or something. She is definitely the most accurate ship at her tier, and maybe the game.

Iwaki Alpha would like a word on that accuracy part

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,846 posts
4,814 battles
3 minutes ago, Azumazi said:

Iwaki Alpha would like a word on that accuracy part

Iwaki has a 60m dispersion, but in fairness Iwaki also has 2.1km shorter range than Yubari. They're both probably about the same per kilometre.

Sign in to follow this