Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
awiggin

Raptor rescue broken?

10 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
10,340 posts

First time I've ever seen this, and it was a bit more than annoying. Wasn't a great team, but it was looking like an easy 5 star win anyway....except something was missing.....:cap_hmm:

Spoiler

Something seems to be missing here.....:Smile_facepalm:

10Errhu.jpg

DWUprw6.jpg

VD40SAf.jpg

2cj7j0r.jpg

RWrHmz8.jpg

[TFB]
[TFB]
Members
314 posts
7,939 battles

That has happened to me before, somewhere along the way the Raptor gets dumped off course and misses the center stop,  you can still see the triangle in the center of the map, it doesn't read the Raptor as hitting it, so it never spawns the final exit to end the game, raptor just sails on the edge of the map till time runs out, I sent a replay and screen shots into WG and they agree, something must have happened to the Raptor to make it miss one of the markers to trigger the next one, they didn't think it was a bug, just a fluke.

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,628 posts
4,185 battles
4 minutes ago, Ks_Twister said:

That has happened to me before, somewhere along the way the Raptor gets dumped off course and misses the center stop,  you can still see the triangle in the center of the map, it doesn't read the Raptor as hitting it, so it never spawns the final exit to end the game, raptor just sails on the edge of the map till time runs out, I sent a replay and screen shots into WG and they agree, something must have happened to the Raptor to make it miss one of the markers to trigger the next one, they didn't think it was a bug, just a fluke.

???  I thought beating the Raptor to the exit zone was a victory condition, not just a star.  Looking at the mini-map, it looks like OP's team just didn't get that done.  You don't even have to stay in the circle, but a player has to cross it first.

Am I remembering that wrong?

[TFB]
[TFB]
Members
314 posts
7,939 battles
2 minutes ago, Fishrokk said:

???  I thought beating the Raptor to the exit zone was a victory condition, not just a star.  Looking at the mini-map, it looks like OP's team just didn't get that done.  You don't even have to stay in the circle, but a player has to cross it first.

Am I remembering that wrong?

ya you have to beat the raptor to the exit, but if you look at the mini map OP has, the exit has not spawned, the green circle in the photo is the repair ship area, on the mini map you can see the marker in the middle of the map at F5, Raptor somehow missed it, so the game still thinks the Raptor is coming to stop there and it never triggers the exit point.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
1,996 posts
13,477 battles

Sometimes in the course of us playing the operation, we push raptor out of its wave points, CVs are worst then bricks in move ability. When that happens then the last wave point will not spawn IF she don;t reach the wave point to trigger the exit sequence, we have what we got in your pic.  In the realm of statistics, THIS event is very rare compared to the many other runs where you bump/pushed the raptor and she manages to get all the wave points to trigger the final exit sequence. Its a fluke because its very rare event. Consider yourself lucky lottery winner if you experienced it. Is it a bug ? not really, I would say fleet error to much bumping into the Raptor which caused her to miss a wavepoint. Unfortunate I know but it happens

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,628 posts
4,185 battles
14 minutes ago, Ks_Twister said:

ya you have to beat the raptor to the exit, but if you look at the mini map OP has, the exit has not spawned, the green circle in the photo is the repair ship area, on the mini map you can see the marker in the middle of the map at F5, Raptor somehow missed it, so the game still thinks the Raptor is coming to stop there and it never triggers the exit point.

Ah!  That's what confused me.  I thought that was the exit area.

Members
554 posts
3,767 battles
17 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Sometimes in the course of us playing the operation, we push raptor out of its wave points, CVs are worst then bricks in move ability. When that happens then the last wave point will not spawn IF she don;t reach the wave point to trigger the exit sequence, we have what we got in your pic.  In the realm of statistics, THIS event is very rare compared to the many other runs where you bump/pushed the raptor and she manages to get all the wave points to trigger the final exit sequence. Its a fluke because its very rare event. Consider yourself lucky lottery winner if you experienced it. Is it a bug ? not really, I would say fleet error to much bumping into the Raptor which caused her to miss a wavepoint. Unfortunate I know but it happens

This.  It's kinda rare...but it can be forced.  I've seen it happen two times...and I really don't run Ops like others.  The CV has a limited turning radius and if you bump it off course significantly and at the right spot before or during the last two waypoints, then it cannot reobtain it.  It doesn't do reverse well either.  In both cases, a preoccupied BB spent a significant amount of time ramming it.  I have wondered if it could happen at previous waypoints...but I'm not inclined to test that theory.  

My guess is that it has limited memory to chart a course, and once the path becomes too long, it just says screw it.  

[CO_OP]
Beta Testers
187 posts

got a alright run in raptor but this one really needs a team that works together 

shot-18.06.14_14.49.09-0412.jpg

shot-18.06.14_14.49.13-0370.jpg

Now on top of that i did had a weird bugged game that looks like this

shot-18.06.13_15.57.59-0384.jpg

shot-18.06.13_15.58.16-0019.jpg

shot-18.06.13_15.57.57-0131.jpg

Sign in to follow this