You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GoldPile

How To Avoid Radar.jpg

34 comments in this topic

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,848 posts
7,061 battles

C5GpskB.jpg

0zHfLgp.jpg

Yes I sat there through the whole length of radar.

Append:

Edited by GoldPile
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[SUCIT]
Members
910 posts
3,857 battles
5 minutes ago, GoldPile said:

C5GpskB.jpg

0zHfLgp.jpg

Yes I sat there through the whole length of radar.

OMG ASDFGHJKL HOW DID YOU DO THAT?

But really, novel idea.  I'm sure it's revolutionary to some, sadly.

• Funny 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,848 posts
7,061 battles

Looks like this is a case of funny to me & no one else. :fish_book:

Continue with the daily radar posting. Don't mind me.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,922 battles

Me

• Radar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Destroyer (running away) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Everyone else

• Radar>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<Destroyer (boom)
  • Goes on forum to complain about radar

You

• Radar>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Island<<<Cruiser>>>>
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,187 posts
7,191 battles
3 minutes ago, cometguy said:

You know what this game needs? Some raspberry jam.

ClumsyImpeccableBagworm-size_restricted.

"Only one man would dare give me the Raspberry *lowers helmet* LONE STAAAAAAAAR" 

• Funny 2

[WORX]
Members
1,998 posts
13,477 battles

This radar saturation argument is getting to the point where people are posting solutions because in there minds incompetent drivers is the problem. I dont think people who are voicing there concern about radar saturation in the forums are what the poster implies are incompetent. If your trying to make a funny then it did not work out...

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,922 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

This radar saturation argument is getting to the point where people are posting solutions because in there minds incompetent drivers is the problem. I dont think people who are voicing there concern about radar saturation in the forums are what the poster implies are incompetent. If your trying to make a funny then it did not work out...

I'd take this than the multiple topics on complaining about it

[WORX]
Members
1,998 posts
13,477 battles
1 minute ago, Vangm94 said:

I'd take this than the multiple topics on complaining about it

I agree but it failed badly lol.  here let me try to put a smile on your day, This commercial is terrible but the guy who stars in it is a local celebrity. Its a commercial for credit but its not the credit you will remember. Since this is a comedy post after all. Enjoy!

[OO7]
[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,976 posts
3,575 battles

People don't want to make an effort greater than they already make for the most part. 

[UEFN]
Members
472 posts
12,949 battles

This tactic is only good for C cap, you are SOL at A and B cap from that map with zero islands for you to hide behind at the cap.   Mean while, radars are over rated and in need of a buff badly, all BB need to be equipped with long range radar 12~15km, minimum 2min duration.

• Bad 1

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,078 posts
11,013 battles

I prefer your post to all the others on this subject @GoldPile!

Next time I end up on @Searaptors team, sink him and no bully tier 9 Donskois!

[INTEL]
Members
8,808 posts
26,251 battles
3 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

Me

Everyone else

If there's anything that's detestable, it's this mind-blowingly idiotic idea that those of us who hate radar don't know how to play against it. 

The truth is we don't like it because we have a better understanding of how it has broken the game than you do. How do I know that? Because your experience of high tier DD play is all of 23 games in Fletcher, 4 in the old Kag, and 44 in Shim. Your second most played ship is Arkansas Beta for pete's sake, and your most played ship is the Ryujo.

Go play 1000 games in high tier DDs. Get back to us when you actually know something. 

Edited by Taichunger
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

Members
475 posts
5,767 battles
3 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Exactly.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,848 posts
7,061 battles

I was hoping to let this ship post thread die as the joke seemed to go over quite a few heads, but people keep reviving it so I might as well get a few things out of the way before people make assumptions about me.

I don't think that proliferating radar on ships is a good thing, e.g. the proposed Grozovoi radar that thankfully got changed to heal. Heck I remember when Conqueror was being tested it had radar, which thankfully only caught my Fletcher behind an island. I think we have enough counters to smoke on plenty of ships already. That's as far as I will say on this matter as I'm not in the mood to get into an argument right now.

Please keep in mind this was supposed to be a light hearted joke & an ironic situation based on comments I've seen around the forums. This situation happened because I had an idea in a pub match to substitute DD on cap with a cruiser & it worked to my amazement. That was all I had planned when making this thread. By all means feel free to continue, just keep the ad hominem to a minimum. I'll keep in mind next time to post less "controversial" jokes, if I even post again anytime soon. Maybe I've been away for too long but it seems like the general attitude has shifted from what I remember.

Cheers,

GP

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
1,819 posts
8,756 battles

Ibuki is a broken DD. I mean you have a citadel and worse concealment compared to other IJN DD but in return you gain cruiser level of HE damage and cruiser consummable. You also have heal.

Members
855 posts
3,724 battles

I wonder why no one ever thought of this. .... Its so great that all the maps have an island such as that one that can cover your entire ship......

[SIDE]
Members
1,574 posts
4 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

This radar saturation argument is getting to the point where people are posting solutions because in there minds incompetent drivers is the problem. 

It has become obvious that Dd driver ADAPTATION is PART of the problem. Saturation is another issue but distinct from the former and it will normalize as enthusiasm for the new cruiser line wanes.

• Cool 1

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles
5 hours ago, GoldPile said:

Looks like this is a case of funny to me & no one else. :fish_book:

Continue with the daily radar posting. Don't mind me.

You didn't include the #ddlivesmatter hashtag, so I wasn't sure what to think!

[WORX]
Members
1,998 posts
13,477 battles
12 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

It has become obvious that Dd driver ADAPTATION is PART of the problem

So was smoke, stealth firing, and torp Soup, for which BBs complained and whined until,

• WOWS nerfed one DD nation to the ground,
  • Took away stealth fire
  • Smoke is no longer an issue because of all the nerfs firing in smoke.

Now don;t get me started on the CV situation for which again BBs whined and complained and WOWS changed the AA defense for upper tier BBs. Now the Adaptation was no more CV drivers in upper tiers with a minimum wait is over 5 min to 15 min now. That is something I dont want to see in upper tier play the Adaptation of DD drivers just not playing DDs anymore.

life as a BB class is now a simple one, you don;t have to worry about torp soup or sky cancer anymore. Your HE spam will increase drastically now but hey like you said ADAPT right ? how about the adaptation of some people  of uninstalling the game. We all know WOWS has player retention are not good at the moment and for now, you can have a game without the long wait times. With this trend in meta, its not helping the cause and I agree people can adapt. Some well do so by moving on and uninstall. I dont want that faith really. But its not my job to change (thank god). SO GL and HF  

[OO7]
[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,976 posts
3,575 battles
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

So was smoke, stealth firing, and torp Soup, for which BBs complained and whined until,

• WOWS nerfed one DD nation to the ground,
  • Took away stealth fire
  • Smoke is no longer an issue because of all the nerfs firing in smoke.

Now don;t get me started on the CV situation for which again BBs whined and complained and WOWS changed the AA defense for upper tier BBs. Now the Adaptation was no more CV drivers in upper tiers with a minimum wait is over 5 min to 15 min now. That is something I dont want to see in upper tier play the Adaptation of DD drivers just not playing DDs anymore.

life as a BB class is now a simple one, you don;t have to worry about torp soup or sky cancer anymore. Your HE spam will increase drastically now but hey like you said ADAPT right ? how about the adaptation of some people  of uninstalling the game. We all know WOWS has player retention are not good at the moment and for now, you can have a game without the long wait times. With this trend in meta, its not helping the cause and I agree people can adapt. Some well do so by moving on and uninstall. I dont want that faith really. But its not my job to change (thank god). SO GL and HF  

Fire hurt Cruisers the most, not DDs.

Smoke firing being nerfed hurt Heavy Cruisers the most.

DD torpedoes have been adjusted both up and down since Beta. What we have no is one of the strongest iterations we've ever seen of them.

DDs never fail to be one of the top ships at every single Tier, with often it being a fight between BBs and DDs. 

BB secondaries being buffed was a big blow to DDs. 

DDs having their citadels removed is probably the biggest blanket buff ever.

BBs have power creeped super hard on everyone else though, and WGing does obey BB tears.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,922 battles
5 hours ago, Taichunger said:

If there's anything that's detestable, it's this mind-blowingly idiotic idea that those of us who hate radar don't know how to play against it. 

The truth is we don't like it because we have a better understanding of how it has broken the game than you do. How do I know that? Because your experience of high tier DD play is all of 23 games in Fletcher, 4 in the old Kag, and 44 in Shim. Your second most played ship is Arkansas Beta for pete's sake, and your most played ship is the Ryujo.

Go play 1000 games in high tier DDs. Get back to us when you actually know something. 

Who is "we"? Are you "we". Are "we" all of the players that play this game? Or is "we" just you and the other complainers who complain about everything? Do I have experience with radar because I mostly play mid-tier instead of high-tier? Of course I do. I know it hurts. I know that if it pops up, I will run away. I know that if it pops up, I will be the decoy that will light up the enemy. I know that if I am facing the right direction, I can runaway. What do you do? Do you die like the rest of them? Do you complain about it like the rest of them?

Is my assumption that players who complain about radar don't know how to play against it correct. No clue. You cannot deny the amount of radar threads that pop up everyday.

Do you think that because you have five thousand more battles than me means that you are better than me? I've played plenty and I have experience plenty. It does not take much experience to know that if you are spotted as a DD you are dead. Whether that is by ship, by plane, by hydro-acoustics, or by radar. I have played through all the Tiers and I have experience in DDs, CL/CAs, BBs, and CVs. I learned what each one is feels like and I understand how much it hurts to be on the other side. The only ships types I have not played much of are ships that use radar.

Ryujo and Fubuki are my favorite ships. I barely use Arkansas Beta anymore because I don't like the size of low tier maps. Being mid-tier means that I experience both the seal clubbing of Tier V and the rader storm of Tier VIII. I've played my HSF Harekaze, my Asashio, my Fletecher, and my Shimakaze and I have felt the full brunt of radar and I've adapted to it to the best of my ability. I prefer to support my team with my smoke than being on the offensive. That is how I've adapted to radar. I just don't be near them. If I am near them, I just "runaway".

Is radar broken? It probably is. Do I care? No. Why? Because I consider what is broken as part of the game. It is completely normal. Why is that? I don't look too deep into this game as some certain other players. Why do I do that? Because I will become salty like the rest of the other players who complain about the same thing every week every day every hour about match maker, radar, aircraft carriers, and torpedoes.

Is there a fix to them? No. Why? Because you will never appease everyone. There will always be someone somewhere complaining and this leads to the nerfs that Warships has been given.

I've learned to go with the flow and not care so much about the deep end because I would rather enjoy the game for what it is than complain about things for what it is not.

Edited by Vangm94
  • Cool 2

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,922 battles
4 hours ago, GoldPile said:

I was hoping to let this ship post thread die as the joke seemed to go over quite a few heads, but people keep reviving it so I might as well get a few things out of the way before people make assumptions about me.

I don't think that proliferating radar on ships is a good thing, e.g. the proposed Grozovoi radar that thankfully got changed to heal. Heck I remember when Conqueror was being tested it had radar, which thankfully only caught my Fletcher behind an island. I think we have enough counters to smoke on plenty of ships already. That's as far as I will say on this matter as I'm not in the mood to get into an argument right now.

Please keep in mind this was supposed to be a light hearted joke & an ironic situation based on comments I've seen around the forums. This situation happened because I had an idea in a pub match to substitute DD on cap with a cruiser & it worked to my amazement. That was all I had planned when making this thread. By all means feel free to continue, just keep the ad hominem to a minimum. I'll keep in mind next time to post less "controversial" jokes, if I even post again anytime soon. Maybe I've been away for too long but it seems like the general attitude has shifted from what I remember.

Cheers,

GP

No worries Gold. I like what you did. Unfortunately for me some other players did not like my post.

8 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

Me

Everyone else

You

• Radar>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Island<<<Cruiser>>>>