Jump to content
Elo_J_Fudpucker

Game Freeze at display of Badge when sunk

5 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

793
[WAG]
Members
1,725 posts
9,865 battles

Hello all, 

 

I have been working with Tech Support at WoWS for a couple of weeks trying to find a solution to a freeze issue I am having.  Upon being blown up, the game freezes upon the display of the badge of the person that sinks you. It does not happen at other times, only when i get sunk and the badge display is shown, and it does not always freeze, but does most times. 

I5-6600, 16gb, GTX-1060 3gb.  Current drivers from NVidia. fresh install.. Dx9 or 11 doesn't seem to affect.  

Is anyone else seeing an issue like this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
884
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,876 posts
5,427 battles

If it's related directly to the badge display, the Wargaming Modstation offers a way to disable it from displaying.  Perhaps installing that mod, see if it rectifies your issue? 

If that doesn't work in the game center under the support tab I think (work PC, don't have it in front of me to be 100% sure) have you tried running the integrity check?  Maybe something in the game files is out of whack, the integrity check would fix it if it picks it up.  If neither of those fix it, perhaps a fresh reinstall of the game (But go into the directory and make sure all the files and folders have been deleted before you do the reinstall, sometimes the patch folders stick around even after an un-install)

I'm not an expert, just a normal player, but those would probably be the first steps I'd take if I was running into a similar situation.  Good luck and hope it helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
793
[WAG]
Members
1,725 posts
9,865 battles
43 minutes ago, vonKaiser said:

If it's related directly to the badge display, the Wargaming Modstation offers a way to disable it from displaying.  Perhaps installing that mod, see if it rectifies your issue? 

If that doesn't work in the game center under the support tab I think (work PC, don't have it in front of me to be 100% sure) have you tried running the integrity check?  Maybe something in the game files is out of whack, the integrity check would fix it if it picks it up.  If neither of those fix it, perhaps a fresh reinstall of the game (But go into the directory and make sure all the files and folders have been deleted before you do the reinstall, sometimes the patch folders stick around even after an un-install)

I'm not an expert, just a normal player, but those would probably be the first steps I'd take if I was running into a similar situation.  Good luck and hope it helps.

...thanks for the response.. 

I have heard about this mod, but I do not like running mods.. .they tend to break or constantly need updating.. etce... and frankly... if this game feature is causing an issue, then I suspect there is something in the WS code doing it. 

I have
.... done a complete reinstall into new directories.
.... removed the Overclock SW completely.
..... switched from Dx9 to Dx11 and back.
.... removed discord and disabled overlays
... DL'd and installed new NVidia drivers.
.... disabled voice chat
... switched down to regular sound away from high end
.. made sure high performance was selected in vid card settings
.. made sure high performance was selected in OS settings
I also sent into Support a dxDiag and a coupel of other diag reports they asked for

The last response was that there is an issue with the video system not dealing well with the display of the graphic overloading the GPU... but I am not buying that... 

so.. the digging continues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
884
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,876 posts
5,427 battles
18 hours ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

I have heard about this mod, but I do not like running mods.. .they tend to break or constantly need updating.. etce... and frankly... if this game feature is causing an issue, then I suspect there is something in the WS code doing it.

Think of it as a diagnostic tool more then a mod then.  Understand where you're coming from but if you install that, the problem goes away, then after you uninstall it and it comes back, well it could help support narrow down the issue more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
793
[WAG]
Members
1,725 posts
9,865 battles
1 hour ago, vonKaiser said:

Think of it as a diagnostic tool more then a mod then.  Understand where you're coming from but if you install that, the problem goes away, then after you uninstall it and it comes back, well it could help support narrow down the issue more. 

I may be on to something... haven't had time to press the issue in game and see how it reacts, but it looks promising so far... I'll post again when I firmer sense.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×