You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Left index finger pain syndrome WoWs

17 comments in this topic

Members
4,679 posts
6,848 battles

I press W to go but for some reason, maybe it's just human nature, I often keep pressing harder thinking in my subconscious perhaps that this will make me go faster.  Of course it does not but I keep doing this anyway and after a few matches my index finger hurts like hell. It's weird.  I am terming it "WoWs Left Index Finger Pain Syndrome". Maybe it will get mentioned in medical books. A new disorder!  Anyone else have this syndrome? Gee this is a stupid thread. BUT it's real and happens! :Smile_teethhappy:  Hell I already have arthritis in my hands and fingers and this just makes it worst. What to do?

• Funny 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,922 posts
14,393 battles

Interestingly its my right pointer finger that suffers the most use. But than I contently play light cruisers and destroyers. 

jmG5Y1M.gif

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,707 posts
18,486 battles
11 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I press W to go but for some reason, maybe it's just human nature, I often keep pressing harder thinking in my subconscious perhaps that this will make me go faster.  Of course it does not but I keep doing this anyway and after a few matches my index finger hurts like hell. It's weird.  I am terming it "WoWs Left Index Finger Pain Syndrome". Maybe it will get mentioned in medical books. A new disorder!  Anyone else have this syndrome? Gee this is a stupid thread. BUT it's real and happens! :Smile_teethhappy:  Hell I already have arthritis in my hands and fingers and this just makes it worst. What to do?

I think that part of the problem for those of us that came from WoT is that over there, you often need to keep the W key depressed if you want to keep moving forward, unless IIRC you double tap it to turn on cruiser control.  OTOH, in WoWS, tapping W merely increased the speed setting, so there's no real point to continually pressing it once you have your speed on the desired setting.

[SALVO]
Members
17,707 posts
18,486 battles
3 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Interestingly its my right pointer finger that suffers the most use. But than I contently play light cruisers and destroyers. 

jmG5Y1M.gif

Yeah, play a Khab or an Atlanta or a Minotaur, and you'll just about have to take a break after the battle just to give that finger a rest!  :cap_rambo::cap_rambo:

Members
4,679 posts
6,848 battles
10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I think that part of the problem for those of us that came from WoT is that over there, you often need to keep the W key depressed if you want to keep moving forward, unless IIRC you double tap it to turn on cruiser control.  OTOH, in WoWS, tapping W merely increased the speed setting, so there's no real point to continually pressing it once you have your speed on the desired setting.

No point to it at all but I keep doing it.  I also played WoT. 

[SPTR]
Members
20,128 posts
5,690 battles

Usually my whole hand hurts, but that's because I somehow have arthritis and teams make me grip my mouse in anger.

"I swear to god MOVE THE HELL U- crap, I need another mouse."

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,123 posts
9,701 battles

I use telepathy....works great for the fingers, but the keys do respond kinda slow....

[SYJ]
Members
1,010 posts
2,260 battles

My pinky actually gets cramped up quite a bit from using the shift key to go in/out of binocular view

[WOLF5]
Members
1,676 posts
2,358 battles
1 minute ago, _1204_ said:

My pinky actually gets cramped up quite a bit from using the shift key to go in/out of binocular view

That's why I bound the zoom to the MMB on the mouse. Hitting shift all the time was asking too much keyboard acrobatics

I have found myself mashing the W key on occasion to go faster when I'm already at full. My hand tends to cramp after a long session, I could use a bigger/better mouse, but this one works. I do worry about wearing out the LMB as I do play the St. Louis and Atlanta a good deal.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,606 posts
12,463 battles
7 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

I have zoom set to one of the keys on my gaming mouse, also torps, He, Ap, Target object and CTLR.

[SYJ]
Members
1,010 posts
2,260 battles
5 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

That's why I bound the zoom to the MMB on the mouse. Hitting shift all the time was asking too much keyboard acrobatics

:Smile_ohmy:

You are a very smart dude. Fantastic idea

Members
412 posts
6,860 battles

What about voice commands?

Helm ahead 1/2 speed

Helm set course bearing 340

Would voice commands add to the game or be unpopular ?

Members
3,774 posts
8,487 battles
2 hours ago, dmckay said:

damn click bait.

Members
4,679 posts
6,848 battles
2 hours ago, SuperSpud1 said:

damn click bait.

2 hours ago, SuperSpud1 said:

damn click bait.

No.  Quite serious actually. Wait till you are pushing 70. THEN u will get it. Carry on mate.

Members
3,774 posts
8,487 battles
36 minutes ago, dmckay said:

No.  Quite serious actually. Wait till you are pushing 70. THEN u will get it. Carry on mate.

Yea I know lol.  That's why I've actually been trying to spend less time playing video games on the pc and actually getting outside.  For example I'm about to start making my propane burner for my gas forge.  You are starting to get that WASD syndrome lol.

Members
4,679 posts
6,848 battles
4 hours ago, GhostSwordsman said:

I use my left middle finger for W and S. My index finger rests on the 'E' key, and my ring finger on the 'Q' key.

Cant do that anymore. Use my thumb for D key. Fingers just not cool anymore. Compensation.