Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

0.7.6 PT Part 2: Still no light cruisers?

33 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
2,134 posts
4,850 battles

Part 2 of the PT for 0.7.6 will begin tomorrow and last until the 18th, but there's still no news of the upcoming light cruisers. That is odd to me, because the US heavy cruisers were in the 0.7.5 PT starting from Part 1 or 2. Will there be a Part 3 of the 0.7.6 PT? When will 0.7.6 be expected to drop?

 

Also, will Boise's release be along with the CL line?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
358
[SYJ]
Members
1,010 posts
2,260 battles

I dont believe they typically allow players to test new ships before they are released. It usually comes in the PT after they drop

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,634
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,230 posts
13,029 battles

Don't hold your breath. New ships are very seldom available on PTS before their live release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,470
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,628 posts
556 battles

Buffalo and the other retiered cruisers were playable on the PTS before they were released to live.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
770
[POD]
Beta Testers
3,058 posts
4,743 battles

worcester is a swiss knife minotaur,dallas,helena and seattle are clevelands with some differences(helena have one more turret,cleveland lose the turret but reload faster,seattle looks like a worse cleveland,but it gains a heal)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
357
[NAVY]
Members
1,021 posts
4,141 battles
Just now, _1204_ said:

I dont believe they typically allow players to test new ships before they are released. It usually comes in the PT after they drop

 

1 minute ago, Edgecase said:

Don't hold your breath. New ships are very seldom available on PTS before their live release.

That is not always the case. We were able to play the re-tiered versions of the Pensacola, New Orleans, Baltimore, and Cleveland as well as the new US heavy cruiser Buffalo in part 2 of the 0.7.5 Public Test before they hit the live server.

5 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Part 2 of the PT for 0.7.6 will begin tomorrow and last until the 18th, but there's still no news of the upcoming light cruisers. That is odd to me, because the US heavy cruisers were in the 0.7.5 PT starting from Part 1 or 2. Will there be a Part 3 of the 0.7.6 PT? When will 0.7.6 be expected to drop?

 

Also, will Boise's release be along with the CL line?

 

Per the Public Test 0.7.6 notes from Gneisenau013, we will most likely not be seeing the four new light cruisers as of yet.

In the previous Update, players got acquainted with the refitted U.S. heavy cruisers and light cruiser Cleveland, which proudly moved to Tier VIII. More details about the ships are available in a dedicated article. With the release of Update 0.7.6, you get the following four new ships from the U.S. light cruiser tech tree: Dallas (Tier VI), Helena (Tier VII), Seattle (Tier IX), and Worcester (Tier X).

Apart from low detectability and great handling, these ships boast rapid-fire 152 mm rifles well suited to putting the hurt on any reckless enemy destroyer or cruiser. However, keep away from battleships, and don't come under massive fire.

Please note that Tier IX and X cruisers come with as many as five slots for consumables:

  • Damage Control Party;
  • Defensive AA Fire;
  • Surveillance Radar;
  • Repair Party;
  • Hydroacoustic Search.

The new ships are undergoing final tests and will not be available on the Public Test servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,634
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,230 posts
13,029 battles
Just now, daVinci761st said:
4 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Don't hold your breath. New ships are very seldom available on PTS before their live release.

That is not always the case. We were able to play the re-tiered versions of the Pensacola, New Orleans, Baltimore, and Cleveland as well as the new US heavy cruiser Buffalo in part 2 of the 0.7.5 Public Test before they hit the live server.

Yes, and that was exception. 3 of those ships weren't even really new, just moved and slightly modified.

Much more often, there are either one ship from the new branch on PTS used as a tester incentive, or none. WG has other test channels for getting meaningful data about upcoming ships -- PTS honestly generates bad balance data, since people play the most random crap that they don't own on Live, or they all play the same line because of one of the PTS rewards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,992
[WOLF7]
Members
10,359 posts

Only reason they split this release was to keep numbers up....no reason to test them.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,434
[ARGSY]
Members
7,174 posts
4,874 battles
6 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

Buffalo and the other retiered cruisers were playable on the PTS before they were released to live.

Buffalo sailed through her supertest and CC phases without much of a hitch, and was the only new ship in the heavy cruiser line; everything else was as before with tweaks. The new CLs are the majority of the light cruiser line, and they probably want more time to sort them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,470
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,628 posts
556 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

Only reason they split this release was to keep numbers up....no reason to test them.....

 

Agree. There was no reason to split it except to drag out the hype as long as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
357
[NAVY]
Members
1,021 posts
4,141 battles
Just now, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

So does that mean the new USN CLs will be released immediately once 0.7.6 drops, rather than being on the PTS first?

Yes. As of right now and until we hear otherwise, it is expected for WG to plan to release the four new light cruisers in the 0.7.6 update on the live server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
770
[POD]
Beta Testers
3,058 posts
4,743 battles
4 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

So does that mean the new USN CLs will be released immediately once 0.7.6 drops, rather than being on the PTS first?

that is what they have in mind.

this might help you.

9ZRNLRh.jpg

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
269
[TDG]
Members
1,412 posts
6,505 battles

I think there will be a Part 3 of the PTS for this release.  Part 1 felt early, so this is starting to make more sense.

Richelieu and Alsace were part of the PTS series before the French battleships dropped.

I really expect we will get a PTS round where at least some of the light cruisers will be available before they actually drop.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,185
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,913 posts
15,363 battles

Hope guys get accustomed to how High Tier USN Cruiser play.  I see great potential in Seattle and Worcester, but knowing how people play USN Cruisers Buffalo & Cleveland, I also see Seattle and Worcester getting outright easily wrecked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,134 posts
4,850 battles
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Hope guys get accustomed to how High Tier USN Cruiser play.  I see great potential in Seattle and Worcester, but knowing how people play USN Cruisers Buffalo & Cleveland, I also see Seattle and Worcester getting outright easily wrecked.

I hope my time in the Atlanta will help me with them, because Atlanta is arguably even more challenging to play, though it has worked really well for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
357
[NAVY]
Members
1,021 posts
4,141 battles
6 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

I think there will be a Part 3 of the PTS for this release.  Part 1 felt early, so this is starting to make more sense.

Richelieu and Alsace were part of the PTS series before the French battleships dropped.

I really expect we will get a PTS round where at least some of the light cruisers will be available before they actually drop.

 

I didn't think about it, but that could definitely be a possibility.

Part two will end on Monday, June 18th, and if 0.7.6 doesn't go live till Wednesday, June 27th, that still gives time for there to be a part three of the PTS from Thursday, June 21st - Monday, June 25th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,185
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,913 posts
15,363 battles
8 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

I hope my time in the Atlanta will help me with them, because Atlanta is arguably even more challenging to play, though it has worked really well for me.

It's just when I saw guys taking Cleveland to trade shots with Missouri, Montana, GK, I cringe.  I lost count how many times I watch Clevelands try to duke it out at 13-14km with a High Tier BB and get rekt.  For numerous High Tier BBs, 15km or less is EASY shooting.

 

People talk about taking Cleveland into a shootout with ZAO and Tier X HEAVY CRUISERS, and walk away surprised that their piddly 152mm shells do nothing while the mighty 203mm+ CA shells rip through them, I cringe.  Even Tier VIII CAs like Prinz Eugen and Admiral Hipper will rip apart the USN CLs.  If they don't sail and preserve their USN CL, then the "great potential" of Seattle, Worcester won't amount to much.

 

Seattle & Worcester I can see doing great things in the right hands, otherwise, they'll be just like the common Cleveland getting deleted in open water.  It's going to be fun to see how the stats average out.  One thing is for sure, they will be costly to run in terms of servicing.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,134 posts
4,850 battles
Just now, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's just when I saw guys taking Cleveland to trade shots with Missouri, Montana, GK, I cringe.  I lost count how many times I watch Clevelands try to duke it out at 13-14km with a High Tier BB and get rekt.  For numerous High Tier BBs, 15km or less is EASY shooting.

 

People talk about taking Cleveland into a shootout with ZAO and Tier X HEAVY CRUISERS, and walk away surprised that their piddly 152mm shells do nothing while the mighty 203mm+ CA shells rip through them, I cringe.  Even Tier VIII CAs like Prinz Eugen and Admiral Hipper will rip apart the USN CLs.  If they don't sail and preserve their USN CL, then the "great potential" of Seattle, Worcester won't amount to much.

 

Seattle & Worcester I can see doing great things in the right hands, otherwise, they'll be just like the common Cleveland getting deleted in open water.  It's going to be fun to see how the stats average out.

And what are the stats you predict for these light cruisers? In especially curious about Helena and Boise, but also about Cleveland to Worcester.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
357
[NAVY]
Members
1,021 posts
4,141 battles
12 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's just when I saw guys taking Cleveland to trade shots with Missouri, Montana, GK, I cringe.  I lost count how many times I watch Clevelands try to duke it out at 13-14km with a High Tier BB and get rekt.  For numerous High Tier BBs, 15km or less is EASY shooting.

 

People talk about taking Cleveland into a shootout with ZAO and Tier X HEAVY CRUISERS, and walk away surprised that their piddly 152mm shells do nothing while the mighty 203mm+ CA shells rip through them, I cringe.  Even Tier VIII CAs like Prinz Eugen and Admiral Hipper will rip apart the USN CLs.  If they don't sail and preserve their USN CL, then the "great potential" of Seattle, Worcester won't amount to much.

 

Seattle & Worcester I can see doing great things in the right hands, otherwise, they'll be just like the common Cleveland getting deleted in open water.  It's going to be fun to see how the stats average out.  One thing is for sure, they will be costly to run in terms of servicing.

Yeah. I don't know why people are taking a tier 8 light cruiser and doing that, expecting a good or favorable outcome. That is a very lopsided, unfair engagement for the Cleveland. Even when she was at tier 6 and could get away with more aggressive gameplay and mistakes, it was still not a good idea to charge and engage higher tier BBs like Colorados, North Carolinas, Gneisenaus, Bismarcks, etc. 

I'm pretty new to tier 8, 9, and 10 matches myself, as I just got a North Carolina and Edinburgh a few weeks prior to 0.7.5 going live. I had an idea of what to expect, but still am getting used to the play style and tactics at the higher tiers. I believe a number of people are taking out the tier 8 Cleveland and this is their first tier 8 ship and experience in the higher tier battles as well.

11 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

And what are the stats you predict for these light cruisers? In especially curious about Helena and Boise, but also about Cleveland to Worcester.

There are some YouTube video clips from Community Contributors on the work in progress Helena, but I don't know if we know what the final stats will be yet. I know Flambass did one on the Worcester recently, in the last week, as well as the Boise.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,072 posts
5,073 battles
51 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

I hope my time in the Atlanta will help me with them, because Atlanta is arguably even more challenging to play, though it has worked really well for me.

Worchester is basically a giant Atlanta without torpedos.

The map selection is going to be your biggest enemy in that ship.  I am looking forward to it because the Atlanta is my favorite ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,470
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,628 posts
556 battles

I have a feeling tier 7 is going to be the highlight of the line. Is ArgenBoise getting added in 7.6? That's what I'm looking forward to. 9.9km radar, 10.1 surface detection? That's going to be a riot

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,134 posts
4,850 battles
3 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

I have a feeling tier 7 is going to be the highlight of the line. Is ArgenBoise getting added in 7.6?

Yeah and I hope she's a ship I can do well in. FFS I have a 2249 PR in the Atlanta at 170 solo battles played (all solo).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,609
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,930 posts
5,426 battles
45 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Yeah and I hope she's a ship I can do well in. FFS I have a 2249 PR in the Atlanta at 170 solo battles played (all solo).

What's your win rate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,134 posts
4,850 battles
5 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

What's your win rate?

It's about 52% solo, trying to get it higher. It took me 2200/3900 battles just to hit 50%. As for my WR in the Atlanta it's 55%.

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×