You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Drifter_X

How Unsporting Coduct Works?

18 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
94 posts
6,567 battles

So, I keep getting unsporting coduct penaltys when I play. The las two battles where last night with my Lyon, and my Algerie. I lost the game in my cruiser but won in the Lyon. What could I have done wrong besides dye and do damage. Is this some sort of reprieve from players?

[WOLF7]
Members
12,121 posts

We'll it's saying either your not moving/playing, leaving the game early, or shooting your team mates.....:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,180 posts
11,533 battles
2 minutes ago, Drifter_X said:

unsporting coduct penaltys

Do you mean from other players reporting you in a battle ? This only effects your Karma which really is not something to worry about .  Or is this another form of penalty ?  As Awiggin posted above .

:Smile_honoring: 

[WOLF3]
Members
94 posts
6,567 battles

No, its fine to suspect me, but I swear I was just playing, shooting and when I quit, I was already sunk.

[WOLF3]
Members
94 posts
6,567 battles

I guess I don't know who or where it comes from. I just woke up with my coffee and bam unsporting conduct.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,854 posts
11,605 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

We'll it's saying either your not moving/playing, leaving the game early, or shooting your team mates.....:Smile_hiding:

This, but we really need some screen shots of the message(s) to be able to help. When you die make sure to wait for the you are dead message.

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,180 posts
11,533 battles
1 minute ago, Drifter_X said:

No, its fine to suspect me, but I swear I was just playing, shooting and when I quit, I was already sunk.

This is probably it .  I  ;  personally have stopped leaving after dying because of this bug/glitch happening to someone I know . And I usually do anyway ( when not in a division ) to watch and possibly learn something .

[WOLF3]
Members
94 posts
6,567 battles

That sounds good, I am rather quick with the escape key. And I have no info from the small button on the bottom right.

[-TKS-]
Members
608 posts
9,317 battles

pretty sure leaving a battle after you  are dead is not the reason , no matter how early . how do you know you got unsporting conduct penalty ?     Did you look at chat?   I would say planting yourself behind an island (specially near a cap) while your team pushes might warrant a penalty? also in a loss if your ship is near full health people dont seem to like that.

Edited by EyE_dYe_QuIck

[WOLF3]
Members
94 posts
6,567 battles

I hate the island camping and wish the stop and go mechanic would be changed to discourage it honestly. I also find camping in the back super boring. I like play the game and not sit. Alas I will reconsider my habits.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,121 posts
7 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

pretty sure leaving a battle after you  are dead is not the reason , no matter how early . how do you know you got unsporting conduct penalty ?     Did you look at chat?   I would say planting yourself behind an island (specially near a cap) while your team pushes might warrant a penalty? also in a loss if your ship is near full health people dont seem to like that.

Various people have been claiming they have gotten a penalty for leaving after they were dead, so it's a possibility. WG is famous for bugs that only effect part of the player base.

Not happening here though.

[NWNG]
Members
2,833 posts
4,702 battles

There is a glitch/bug that causes players to get penalized for leaving the game, despite being dead. I found that waiting for a minute after death, before leaving to port, solved the issue for me.

However, without screenshots, it is very hard to tell where the penalty is coming from. You may have accidentally shot an ally without realizing it. Next time you get penalized for a game, look at the information (the "i" icon at bottom right corner so long as you were not logged out when the game ended), and look specifically at the "detailed report" I believe it is called. If any ship you did damage to, is pink, that means you dealt damage to a teammate.

[-RNG-]
Members
260 posts
5,750 battles

IIRC you can report someone for unsportsmanlike conduct. I would venture a guess that someone is reporting you. 

Members
1,182 posts
5,156 battles
56 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

This is probably it .  I  ;  personally have stopped leaving after dying because of this bug/glitch happening to someone I know . And I usually do anyway ( when not in a division ) to watch and possibly learn something .

47 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Various people have been claiming they have gotten a penalty for leaving after they were dead, so it's a possibility. WG is famous for bugs that only effect part of the player base.

Not happening here though.

41 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

There is a glitch/bug that causes players to get penalized for leaving the game, despite being dead. I found that waiting for a minute after death, before leaving to port, solved the issue for me.

However, without screenshots, it is very hard to tell where the penalty is coming from. You may have accidentally shot an ally without realizing it. Next time you get penalized for a game, look at the information (the "i" icon at bottom right corner so long as you were not logged out when the game ended), and look specifically at the "detailed report" I believe it is called. If any ship you did damage to, is pink, that means you dealt damage to a teammate.

I'm not saying that there isn't a bug or that is not happening with the anti-abuse system because there have been a number of people report it happening on the forums here, but I've tried to recreate it for the past week and haven't been able to do so.

As soon as I'm dead, I hit the exit back to port button. I have yet to receive an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

I'm thinking it has more to do with distance traveled on the map or if a player does no damage, which is what I'm going to test next.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,250 posts
16,589 battles
1 hour ago, Drifter_X said:

What could I have done wrong besides dye and do damage.

You could learn to spell, the correct word is DIE. What you have typed says you spent the game changing the color of some fabric

1 hour ago, awiggin said:

:Smile_hiding:

.I'd hide too if I was using an avatar from Catch 22!

53 minutes ago, awiggin said:

WG is famous for bugs that only effect part of the player base.

Sad but true.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,642 posts
15,132 battles

Probably players reporting you. Ever since people figured out that "Plays badly" doesn't actually do anything, they started reporting players for "Unsporting conduct" when they play badly.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,121 posts
3 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

I'm not saying that there isn't a bug or that is not happening with the anti-abuse system because there have been a number of people report it happening on the forums here, but I've tried to recreate it for the past week and haven't been able to do so.

As soon as I'm dead, I hit the exit back to port button. I have yet to receive an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

I'm thinking it has more to do with distance traveled on the map or if a player does no damage, which is what I'm going to test next.

The problem is, you may not be able to reproduce it.

Over the years I've seen various bugs come and go with patches, they don't seem to affect everyone, just a subset of the population.

Before 5.6, I was 90 secs - 2 min late every game. After 5.6 I was 30 secs early. 5.9 hits, I'm once again up to 2 min late loading. 5.12 hits, I'm 45 secs early.....no other changes, just the patch.

6.11 to 6.13 I would get hung up in the loading screen while the game was in progress, would have to kill the game and restart to get in. This would happen every 4-5 games. 6.14, all gone.