You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptSalt

UNSKILLED OR TROLLS

15 comments in this topic

[BEWBS]
Members
34 posts
10,700 battles

Every time Wargaming comes up with a new mission (Halsey) gameplay goes to [edited]. DD's dead in less than 3 minutes into the match.  Unskilled players trying to complete a mission in ships they have not played in a year or better. 

Solutions would still have the same type of mission, but not ship type required.   Mission 3  Type 4 , 1.25 million potential damage in a Cruiser. IF U use a BB make it 2 million Pot Damage, DD 600k  Pot Damage. 

Just saying in the last 2 weeks or since this new mission start gameplay is total trash. 1 out of 5 games is a good match.

Supertester, Beta Testers, Modder
5,783 posts
7,309 battles

All the missions are repeatable for stars, so you can do the non-ship class missions to get your Halsey without ever using a CV or DD

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,445 posts
11,347 battles
Just now, Compassghost said:

All the missions are repeatable for stars, so you can do the non-ship class missions to get your Halsey without ever using a CV or DD

This, you only have to do all of them if you are going for that achievement. I am running the first two over & over.

• Cool 1

[AFK]
[AFK]
Members
411 posts
10,104 battles
13 minutes ago, grease_spot said:

Mission 3  Type 4 , 1.25 million potential damage in a Cruiser. IF U use a BB make it 2 million Pot Damage, DD 600k  Pot Damage. 

Is to easy in T8+

[GLF]
Members
845 posts
12,124 battles
43 minutes ago, grease_spot said:

, 1.25 million potential damage in a Cruiser.

So easy tho... take the best t8+ concealment cruiser you have.  Stay concealed and mirror next to a camping BB within 700m.   Enjoy the free potential damage as the meter goes up.  

Members
3,783 posts
50 minutes ago, grease_spot said:

Every time Wargaming comes up with a new mission (Halsey) gameplay goes to crap. DD's dead in less than 3 minutes into the match.  Unskilled players trying to complete a mission in ships they have not played in a year or better. 

Solutions would still have the same type of mission, but not ship type required.   Mission 3  Type 4 , 1.25 million potential damage in a Cruiser. IF U use a BB make it 2 million Pot Damage, DD 600k  Pot Damage. 

Just saying in the last 2 weeks or since this new mission start gameplay is total trash. 1 out of 5 games is a good match.

So are you coming to complain to the forums about the trolls?  Or are you coming to the forums to be a troll.  I'm not sure which one it is.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I see no problem with encouraging people to play different ship types. To me, someone who is playing poorly in a ship type they don't normally play isn't very different from someone playing poorly in a ship type they normally play.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
48 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

This, you only have to do all of them if you are going for that achievement. I am running the first two over & over.

That's what I've been doing, driving Cruisers.

However, it would be nice to be able to do Campaigns like Halsey and Yamamoto at lower tiers than 8,. Like tier 5 and up.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,182 posts
5,156 battles
15 hours ago, grease_spot said:

Every time Wargaming comes up with a new mission (Halsey) gameplay goes to crap. DD's dead in less than 3 minutes into the match.  Unskilled players trying to complete a mission in ships they have not played in a year or better. 

It has almost always been the case in WoWs, if one queues up solo, you'll get a mix of good, average, and bad teams over the course of 10 games and sometimes even a good team just gets curb stomped in Random by a better enemy team. I haven't noticed a change in the quality of teams in tier 8+ Co-Op, Operation, or Random matches since 0.7.5 went live and the Halsey Campaign was introduced and made available.

13 hours ago, grease_spot said:

I hate to assume anything, but this response to a poster, it seems to indicate you are at a point where you just aren't enjoying and having fun playing WoWs, which explains why your perception is that gameplay has gone to [edited].

[LEGIT]
Members
1,771 posts
25,477 battles
6 hours ago, grease_spot said:

Unskilled players trying to complete a mission in ships they have not played in a year or better. 

Hey!  I resemble that remark.  My T8 DD's are getting warmed up as we speak, welll, my Benson is, since that's the only T8 DD I have.  I've learned enough not to play the triangle things that shoot triangles.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,771 posts
25,477 battles
6 hours ago, AnimaL21 said:

So easy tho... take the best t8+ concealment cruiser you have.  Stay concealed and mirror next to a camping BB within 700m.   Enjoy the free potential damage as the meter goes up.  

I never thought of doing that.  It sounds like cheating....  I'll give it a whirl!

[5D]
Members
2,758 posts
16,718 battles

Confirmation bias?

Every time there's a new mission these threads pop up but honestly poor play happens all the time not just when these missions come out.

Frankly I think people pay attention more during these missions cause it's slowing them down from completing them.

[BEWBS]
Members
34 posts
10,700 battles
3 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Confirmation bias?

Every time there's a new mission these threads pop up but honestly poor play happens all the time not just when these missions come out.

Frankly I think people pay attention more during these missions cause it's slowing them down from completing them.

what I noticed is 4 to 7 minutes into battle 3/4 of either team is dead.  Prior to this new mission you only have seen this type of behaviour in about 20% of matches, now i am seeing this reversed 80% of games are total 1 sided matches. 

[5D]
Members
2,758 posts
16,718 battles
4 minutes ago, grease_spot said:

what I noticed is 4 to 7 minutes into battle 3/4 of either team is dead.  Prior to this new mission you only have seen this type of behaviour in about 20% of matches, now i am seeing this reversed 80% of games are total 1 sided matches. 

At least 50% of the random matches I play end in 8-10 minutes so this is not abnormal behavior.

[GLF]
Members
845 posts
12,124 battles
14 hours ago, slokill_1 said:

I never thought of doing that.  It sounds like cheating....  I'll give it a whirl!

I do this ALL the time now when its too dangerous to push hard for a few min.  I just pull up alongside a Biz or GK in my DD, and throttle down to 1/4 or 1/2 to match speed.  1M pot damage games are really easy to accomplish when someone is getting focused.  Same as with torps, sail within 700m of them to receive the pot damage.