You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Team play

6 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
2,956 posts
8,694 battles

With all the post about poor team play I thought I would have something positive to post. Instead of hiding behind a island and waiting until the red BB's & cruisers were sunk or retreating a DD driver charged into the cap launched all his torpedoes while laying smoke. He was almost able to pull it off but a cruiser nailed him before he was able to back into his smoke. His torpedoes hit the red DD sitting in smoke, caused the 2 cruisers to dodge the other torpedoes, one turning broadside to my Scharnhorst, and hit a 3rd cruiser. I sunk the cruiser broadside to me. The cruiser hit by the torpedo was quickly sunk by a teammate and the two BB took flight. The red team had 2 BB's, 2 cruisers & a dd vs my Scharnhorst, 3 cruisers and the dd. We were out gunned, my 9 11" guns up against a Bismark and New Mexico. We were able to sink 4 of the 5 ships. The Bismark ran into 2 dd & a BB coming in from the west. The DD got the damage he caused & the win bonus but his play opened the door for the win.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,842 posts
11,605 battles
29 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

With all the post about poor team play I thought I would have something positive to post. Instead of hiding behind a island and waiting until the red BB's & cruisers were sunk or retreating a DD driver charged into the cap launched all his torpedoes while laying smoke. He was almost able to pull it off but a cruiser nailed him before he was able to back into his smoke. His torpedoes hit the red DD sitting in smoke, caused the 2 cruisers to dodge the other torpedoes, one turning broadside to my Scharnhorst, and hit a 3rd cruiser. I sunk the cruiser broadside to me. The cruiser hit by the torpedo was quickly sunk by a teammate and the two BB took flight. The red team had 2 BB's, 2 cruisers & a dd vs my Scharnhorst, 3 cruisers and the dd. We were out gunned, my 9 11" guns up against a Bismark and New Mexico. We were able to sink 4 of the 5 ships. The Bismark ran into 2 dd & a BB coming in from the west. The DD got the damage he caused & the win bonus but his play opened the door for the win.

Some times that does work but far too often the  quick exit of that ship comes back to haunt the team.

[JUICE]
Members
824 posts
6,375 battles

What is this "team play" you speak of? It is not something I have seen in a long time in this game.

[187]
Members
1,586 posts
8,666 battles

Creating the opportunities is what it's all about...failing to capitalize on them costs games.

Do or no do...there is no try

...or

When in doubt...Attack...take your pick.   Yoda or Patton both wise.

[TDRB]
Members
2,956 posts
8,694 battles

Some times that does work but far too often the  quick exit of that ship comes back to haunt the team.

Sometimes you have to roll the dice and take a chance. Knowing when is the hard part.  Or, as you said, it comes back to haunt the team.

[AP]
Members
1,232 posts
13,816 battles
3 hours ago, kgh52 said:

Instead of hiding behind a island and waiting until the red BB's & cruisers were sunk or retreating

at this point i know i can stop reading