You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Harv72b

Last 3 Commander Points on Yueyang?

12 comments in this topic

[CUTIE]
Members
1,438 posts
6,203 battles

So I finally unlocked the Yueyang last week, and I'm rapidly approaching the 19th point on my captain.  I'm just not sure how best to spend what will be the final three points.  So far I'm running PM, LS, SE, TAE, BFT, and CE.  My initial plan was to throw DE on there, but with the current T10 meta I'm just not sure if I'll be using my guns enough to really warrant that skill.  I play solo & don't do clan wars, so SI doesn't really appeal to me either (it's very rare I run through all my smokes anyway).  Other options I'm considering:

• AR + PT (duh)
  • JoaT + PT (again, though, how often am I going to have the opportunity to string smokes together in a T10 battle?)
  • TA + PT (the thought of 73-knot torpedoes with a 0.8 km spotting range is tempting, but will that produce enough extra hits to justify losing 2.7km of range?)
  • Spec out of BFT and pick up either IFHE or RPF + a two-point skill (I can stand losing the 0.3 second reload boost on my guns, but the AA bonus helps a lot & chews up lower-tier aircraft)
  • ?????

Would love to hear some opinions from the more experienced YY folks out there.  :Smile_honoring:

[SPTR]
Members
20,128 posts
5,690 battles

AR is a very helpful skill, so you could always take that, then respec at a later date during the CW season.

[INTEL]
Members
6,738 posts
26,503 battles

My YY 19-pointer has:

PT-PM-JoaT-LS-SE-TAE-DE-CE

HTH

Edited by alexf24

[SYN]
Members
3,129 posts
14,387 battles

Mine is

PT - LS - TAE - CE - BFT - AR - RL (picked in that order)

It's all about capping,  maximising damage capability and being set up to hunt DD's effectively.

Beta Testers
1,862 posts
10,762 battles

PM, LS, AR, TAE, SE, CE, RDF for my radar build. Also have the radar special upgrade installed. It's fun to surprise Shimakazes that out spot me, or so they think.

It's actually my CB build. But still works OK in random playing mainly as a torp boat and scout. Just make sure the big ships behind you know you have radar and be prepared to shoot smoking DDs.

[CUTIE]
Members
1,438 posts
6,203 battles

Wow, appreciate all the replies already!  But I don't know how much it helps since 4 people have given 4 different recommendations. :Smile_teethhappy:

If nothing else this vindicates my indecision somewhat.  And I suppose shows that WarGaming did a good job with Yueyang in that there doesn't seem to be one consensus "best" build. :Smile_honoring:

Curious as to whether or not anybody has considered (or tried) Torpedo Acceleration with YY?  I do notice that nobody has "voted" for it to this point...ditto for the IFHE option.

Beta Testers
1,862 posts
10,762 battles

TA is never a worthy choice unless you have either extremely long torp range or miserable torp speed. And you also have 2 points you just don't know what to do with.

YueYang's torps are already fast enough. That 5kt really doesn't buy you much, especially with DWT's already low detection.

The only captain I have TA on is my alternate Shimakaze captain mainly to have 9.6km F3 equivalent. I don't even use it on Gearing.

• Cool 1

[AAA]
Members
473 posts
5,935 battles

Fletcher, Gearing, Chung Mu, and YY all the same.

PT, PM, AR, LS, SE,TAE, BFT,and CE

I probably should respec one of the Asian for RFL but haven’t played with that yet. If I do that I’ll keep the BFT and dump the TAE and PT

[FAE]
Members
2,241 posts
2,770 battles

In this radar meta, I find BFT and firing to not be very useful. But I do run radar Chung Mu. I think RL/RDF is very strong conceptually and can be literally useful many times, so its worth at least 2-3 points. Whereas, I find I just die when I try and fire too much, and AA on Chung Mu is kinda bad so BFT is worth only maybe 1 point to me, IF that. Therefore RL is a better choice to hunt DDs. 

I have 19 points, same build for Loyang and Fletcher. 

First         Second
PT
LS             AR (16)
SE            TAE (19) -> more killing big baddies that really outclass you. 
CE(10)      RL/RPF (14)

I think JOAT might be okay, but I rarely need Radar more quickly. (And I don't run smoke anymore due to radar). 
DE is questionable. Useful, but gunning around has happened less often. I still think better than BFT. A good pick if you like guns more than torps.
PM vs PT is a play style choice, but I like PT so I know when even while radar that I'm not being focused. 

Therefore, I believe this is the most optimal approach considering the meta and for uses cases where you NEED more help to win, with the variances listed after. 
LS SE CE are not arguable. 

Edited by BlailBlerg

[ARRGG]
Members
4,764 posts
7,709 battles
On 6/13/2018 at 2:14 AM, Harv72b said:

So I finally unlocked the Yueyang last week, and I'm rapidly approaching the 19th point on my captain.  I'm just not sure how best to spend what will be the final three points.  So far I'm running PM, LS, SE, TAE, BFT, and CE.  My initial plan was to throw DE on there, but with the current T10 meta I'm just not sure if I'll be using my guns enough to really warrant that skill.  I play solo & don't do clan wars, so SI doesn't really appeal to me either (it's very rare I run through all my smokes anyway).  Other options I'm considering:

• AR + PT (duh)
  • JoaT + PT (again, though, how often am I going to have the opportunity to string smokes together in a T10 battle?)
  • TA + PT (the thought of 73-knot torpedoes with a 0.8 km spotting range is tempting, but will that produce enough extra hits to justify losing 2.7km of range?)
  • Spec out of BFT and pick up either IFHE or RPF + a two-point skill (I can stand losing the 0.3 second reload boost on my guns, but the AA bonus helps a lot & chews up lower-tier aircraft)
  • ?????

Would love to hear some opinions from the more experienced YY folks out there.  :Smile_honoring:

I go with as much concealment as I can get on my Yeuyang .. I don’t use Radar and switched back to the longer range Torps because of the in game Radar,most of the time I leave my AA off

Beta Testers
6 posts
2,207 battles

Spec out of BFT and do AR + RPF.  I can’t imagine playing without it on yueyang.  You have the gearings best in class close range guns but can’t torp other DDs - it’s imperative that you know when you are being flanked or rushed by another DD.  It also lets you do good craplike hunt down asashios.

[TNG]
Members
131 posts
8,878 battles

I run the following commander skills in this specific order of priority...

• Priority Target (1)  -- Indicates # of enemies aiming at you
  • Last Stand (2) -- You can steer and move when engine or steering is damaged
  • Survivability Expert (3) -- +3500 hp
  • Concealment Expert (4) -- -10% detect (5.8km detect with camo and ship upgrade)
  • Radiolocation (4) -- indicates direction of nearest enemy
  • Torpedo Armament Expertise (3) -- -10% Torpedo reload time (104 sec reload with ship upgrade)
  • Adrenalin Rush (2) -- 0.2% reload bonus for every 1% HP loss.

I play the Yueyang with radar (no smoke) and the following ship upgrades:-

• Slot 1: Main Armaments Mod 1 (less chance of guns and torpedoes getting damaged or destroyed and faster armaments repair)
  • Slot 2: Surveilance Radar Mod 1 (+20% radar duration)
  • Slot 3: Aiming Systems Mod 1 (better accuracy)
  • Slot 4: Steering Gears Mod 2 (faster rudder)
  • Slot 5: Concealment (-10% detect)
  • Slot 6: Torpedo Tubes Mod 3 (-15% Torpedo reload)

The Yueyang's guns are fast enough (3.0 sec). I find little need to upgrade the guns' rate of fire. Generally, you do not engage DDs 1 vs 1 that you can't comofrtably kill anyway. Fast torpedo reload is a lot more useful. Concealment is an absolute must as is Radio location to maximize the hunter killer potential of the Yueyang.