You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
T1mb3rWo1f

People

21 comments in this topic

[GT99]
Members
596 posts
8,116 battles

I am really beginning to dislike playing this game. Not because of the game, it's the people. Stats, winning, losing, whatever has nothing to do with it. I enjoy playing but my goodness, the people. I don't think most people irl could advance from fry cook if they had to. Anyway, on a positive note, I saved a ton on my car insurance by switching to Gekko.

Edited by T1mb3rWo1f

Members
1,352 posts
1,345 battles

Well, as long as there is a game there will be people, just ignore them, focus on your game, your ship if your weird like me. But if all else fails take a break! Indeed people can be a**hats but don't let that get to you. As you said its just a game, no need to stress yourself out for a game. If you aren't having fun you've already lost the point of a game! 

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
5,214 posts
15,584 battles

It sounds like you need to learn to ignore chat. I personally learned to not take any toxic behavior in chat seriously. And I've seen some stuff in chat and port messages that had to be reported for vulgar and threatening text. Still if you find it negatively effecting you than maybe log out for a while. 

Not sure if the in game chat has a mute all feature. But if some one won't stop spewing toxic salt you can mute them by holding Tab and than right clicking the offending parties name. Also report them while you're in there. 

I have heard of one individual who grew tired of chat and covered it with a sticky note lol. 

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
10,148 posts
8,469 battles
36 minutes ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

I am really beginning to dislike playing this game. Not because of the game, it's the people. Stats, winning, losing, whatever has nothing to do with it. I enjoy playing but my goodness, the people. I don't think most people irl could advance from fry cook if they had to. Anyway, on a positive note, I saved a ton on my car insurance by switching to Gekko.

When I'm tired of people, I play co-op.  That way I can enjoy the game without having to worry about the input of other humans.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[GT99]
Members
596 posts
8,116 battles

I hear ya there mouse and I agree. There is more to it but I shall not be negative and move along. Thanks.

[GT99]
Members
596 posts
8,116 battles
44 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Well, as long as there is a game there will be people, just ignore them, focus on your game, your ship if your weird like me. But if all else fails take a break! Indeed people can be a**hats but don't let that get to you. As you said its just a game, no need to stress yourself out for a game. If you aren't having fun you've already lost the point of a game! 

Oh I am having fun and it's not people being posterior hats. I'm not sensitive, I died a long time ago. I love this game and I'm not great at it, I know what to do and not what to do it's putting in into practice that's the problem but watching others do asinine things and justify in chat how superhuman it is,  just makes me laugh so hard I can't play.

• Cool 1

[GT99]
Members
596 posts
8,116 battles
46 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

It sounds like you need to learn to ignore chat. I personally learned to not take any toxic behavior in chat seriously. And I've seen some stuff in chat and port messages that had to be reported for vulgar and threatening text. Still if you find it negatively effecting you than maybe log out for a while. 

Not sure if the in game chat has a mute all feature. But if some one won't stop spewing toxic salt you can mute them by holding Tab and than right clicking the offending parties name. Also report them while you're in there. 

I have heard of one individual who grew tired of chat and covered it with a sticky note lol. 

Lol on the sticky note, but I don't pay attention to chat other than to see the dumb things so I can chuckle. I'm ex military, worked in law enforcement, and worked in the prison system for 17 years, these people don't know what toxic is. Thanks for the heads up though, love watching your replays btw.

[STW-M]
Members
3,204 posts
7,674 battles

You will find that it is often the case that the more toxic a person is, the worse they are at the game.

The best part of meeting such a toxic spill is watch the AP shells or torpedoes slam into his broadside.

And if you ever feel like not listening to said toxic person anymore, simply mute him or blacklist him. If you feel like going to extra mile, send a support ticket (with evidence, of course), as well.

[GT99]
Members
596 posts
8,116 battles
10 minutes ago, Komrade_Rylo said:

Gecko

MVIMG_20180604_160625.thumb.jpg.eb27c80e8d15ba7f5cc2c470f7633360.jpg

MVIMG_20180604_160224.thumb.jpg.2d2c9bae5d51dc651d8d63dbad1afcd6.jpg

Right sir, the misspelling was intentional but thank you. That's a cool looking little guy though.

[WOLF8]
Members
4,833 posts
4,633 battles
39 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

When I'm tired of people, I play co-op.  That way I can enjoy the game without having to worry about the input of other humans.

I'd love to see you in Coop, Miss Maus. Maybe I can play the game "tag along Miss Maus" if I ever meet you in a Coop match, a.k.a. just following your ship around like a good puppy while using you as a shield providing a fire support. x3

On topic: Isn't it GEICO?

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,852 posts
7,254 battles

1. Hold tab.

2. Find the name of the toxic person who wronged you.

3. Fill out an entry in the book of grudges. Right click > block text messages in chat & add to blacklist.

4. Right click again > Report > misbehavior in chat.

5. :cap_tea:

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
827 posts
7,478 battles

Yeah sometimes one wonders at how people play this game, or their ships without understanding things. I know some don't want to learn as they just want to shoot things, and we are all driven differently to play.

Personally I always go in thinking the team is average and I have to stay alive and go above and beyond to help them, but its what I enjoy. I strive for the tough wins and the ability to make it happen in any ship.

Plus I enjoy getting double strikes, another memorable one today burning down a BB and then killing a DD within moments of one another! :)

Community Department
2,708 posts
779 battles
2 hours ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

5 minutes ago, GoldPile said:

1. Hold tab.

2. Find the name of the toxic person who wronged you.

3. Fill out an entry in the book of grudges. Right click > block text messages in chat & add to blacklist.

4. Right click again > Report > misbehavior in chat.

5. :cap_tea:

Right way, plus there is a possibility to hide the stats:
y6TVrln4NCY.jpg

Alpha Tester
3,710 posts
1,392 battles
1 hour ago, turbo07 said:

Right way, plus there is a possibility to hide the stats:
y6TVrln4NCY.jpg

Yeah but doing this is just admitting your stats are terrible. What you should do is make it default to hidden, that way enabling it makes you look like a tryhard and keeping it hidden is just being fashionably apathetic.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HINON]
Members
10,956 posts
2 hours ago, Elysion said:

Yeah but doing this is just admitting your stats are terrible. What you should do is make it default to hidden, that way enabling it makes you look like a tryhard and keeping it hidden is just being fashionably apathetic.

Not really, I consider my stats my business not because they are bad. 

• Cool 1

[VOP]
Members
357 posts
8,016 battles
7 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

If you are really tired of people, play co-op at odd hours.  That way you can be the only human in the game.

[0456]
Members
2,961 posts
8,407 battles
4 hours ago, Elysion said:

That's an interesting idea actually...

[GT99]
Members
596 posts
8,116 battles
7 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I'd love to see you in Coop, Miss Maus. Maybe I can play the game "tag along Miss Maus" if I ever meet you in a Coop match, a.k.a. just following your ship around like a good puppy while using you as a shield providing a fire support. x3

On topic: Isn't it GEICO?

Yes it is GEICO, my bad for not being serious about it.

[1RD]
Members
66 posts
6,933 battles

Co-Op is relatively safe, although I played a game in my Tier 9 Buffalo last night that didn't please someone else driving a Gneisenau which was sunk.  Apparently I'm a "[edited]"(something that rhymes with Perry COMO) now.  That's why I record just about all of my games, in case I need evidence of misbehaviour in chat.

Edited by HMCS_Moncton