Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rabin69

After a hard day's work and crappy games early.....

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

96
[SHAFT]
Members
260 posts
10,875 battles

I am reminded why I love this game so much when this happens....:cap_rambo:

P.S. Fellow DD captains, its not a good idea to charge a DM in a cap without support especially if he has support that can catch you in a crossfire, you cannot hide ( tbh I run the radar mod, so I suspect they were surprised by how long it lasted).

 

shot-18.06.12_22.54.19-0364.jpg

shot-18.06.12_22.54.12-0633.jpg

Edited by Rabin69
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,513
[RLGN]
Members
8,675 posts
17,921 battles

Haven’t tried that...

After my initiation into Des Moines poisoned me to it specifically, and high-tier games in general; it was basically abandoned and sent to Suisun Bay.

(Had it since late 2015, and basically haven’t used it since mid 2016. About 130 games total, all modes, and pathetic stats.)

Tried the reload module recently in Co-op, (4.9 sec reload?) and that seems nice, but I still have zero confidence in the thing for Randoms.

(My standard kvetch about DM is that it seems like the tiniest fragment of my mast will be exposed, and suddenly all the Reds want to shoot me, and who cares about anything else.)

In any case, good job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
96
[SHAFT]
Members
260 posts
10,875 battles
40 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Haven’t tried that...

After my initiation into Des Moines poisoned me to it specifically, and high-tier games in general; it was basically abandoned and sent to Suisun Bay.

(Had it since late 2015, and basically haven’t used it since mid 2016. About 130 games total, all modes, and pathetic stats.)

Tried the reload module recently in Co-op, (4.9 sec reload?) and that seems nice, but I still have zero confidence in the thing for Randoms.

(My standard kvetch about DM is that it seems like the tiniest fragment of my mast will be exposed, and suddenly all the Reds want to shoot me, and who cares about anything else.)

In any case, good job!

Thanks.

To be honest, I usually suck with it, tend to be too aggressive and get focused fired back to port. Been working on keeping the nose angled and showing less side too, it really is a paper cannon. US cruisers are really all about positioning, if u get it wrong very rarely do you get a second chance.

But every so often the sun and the moon align and I wreck teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,138
[NDA]
Supertester
4,920 posts
14,364 battles

After playing the DM a lot in Rank I learned a few things about the ship. I've been having fun with her in randoms of late because of Halsey Campaign. 

This my DM held down the C cap of Sleeping Giants. I was doing the campaign task to damage IJN ships and win the game. I sank every IJN ship in the game lol. 

leWO1eF.jpg

QUPDQ4b.jpg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-K-]
Members
655 posts
5,341 battles

Nice work!

I admit i like to annoy DM drivers in a DD with HE or AP from KM dds at range. More so if they are showing lots of side as they try and turn away after taking 2k damage per salvo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,533
[HINON]
Members
9,338 posts
7 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Haven’t tried that...

After my initiation into Des Moines poisoned me to it specifically, and high-tier games in general; it was basically abandoned and sent to Suisun Bay.

(Had it since late 2015, and basically haven’t used it since mid 2016. About 130 games total, all modes, and pathetic stats.)

Tried the reload module recently in Co-op, (4.9 sec reload?) and that seems nice, but I still have zero confidence in the thing for Randoms.

(My standard kvetch about DM is that it seems like the tiniest fragment of my mast will be exposed, and suddenly all the Reds want to shoot me, and who cares about anything else.)

In any case, good job!

Send a replay to @Lord_Zath and you can get some tailored advice and improve your game . It really helps especially in ships that you don't do well in.

Edited by RipNuN2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,425
[ARGSY]
Members
7,154 posts
4,869 battles
4 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Send a replay to @Lord_Zath and you can get some tailored advice and improve your game . It really helps especially in ships that you don't do well in.

Note that he is currently on, or about to be on, vacation for quite a while and has asked for no more replays until after 0.7.6 drops.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,533
[HINON]
Members
9,338 posts
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Note that he is currently on, or about to be on, vacation for quite a while and has asked for no more replays until after 0.7.6 drops.

Ah good to know :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,425
[ARGSY]
Members
7,154 posts
4,869 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

Ah good to know :cap_like:

Indeed. I was sort of tearing my hair out, actually, because I made a joke to him about us needing to play so well that we wouldn't need him when he was away... and then I turned out a 130K damage game in an Omaha with two major ships sunk and not a scratch on mine. This sort of stuff always happens when he's on holiday, LOL - maybe he should take them more often!!! :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,533
[HINON]
Members
9,338 posts
25 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Indeed. I was sort of tearing my hair out, actually, because I made a joke to him about us needing to play so well that we wouldn't need him when he was away... and then I turned out a 130K damage game in an Omaha with two major ships sunk and not a scratch on mine. This sort of stuff always happens when he's on holiday, LOL - maybe he should take them more often!!! :Smile_teethhappy:

Haha that sounds like an awesome omaha game. I figured he must need a vacation due to having to deal with us all of the time.

Edited by RipNuN2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
106
[SOB]
[SOB]
Members
254 posts
4,021 battles
8 hours ago, Rabin69 said:

I am reminded why I love this game so much when this happens....:cap_rambo:

P.S. Fellow DD captains, its not a good idea to charge a DM in a cap without support especially if he has support that can catch you in a crossfire, you cannot hide ( tbh I run the radar mod, so I suspect they were surprised by how long it lasted).

Its not a good idea to charge one in a BB either! I had a match the other day, late game there was a DM & a DD (dont recall which one) left on the red team & me in my Amagi & a Hipper on the other side of the map. Clock was winding down & was anybodys match so I pushed the DM. The DD smoked him up & he proceeded to WEAR MY AZZ OUT! It was the whole death by a 1000 cuts. He prolly did no more then 1000 dmg per shot as I was quartering towards him & many if not most of his shots were ricocheting but it was just volley after volley after volley of incoming fire. My hope was to catch him out of the smoke or to have it dissipate so I could delete him. It never happened. I had to dodge some incoming torps which gave him a good enough shot to get some good hits in finishing me off. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,425
[ARGSY]
Members
7,154 posts
4,869 battles
22 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

I figured he must need a vacation due to having to deal with us all of the time.

It was my Smokeless Fiji game that drove him over the edge, I'm sure. :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,608
[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,816 posts
15,922 battles

Lol you guys are awesome!  Leaving in 3 hours so about to do some wows and hopefully grind two containers :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,425
[ARGSY]
Members
7,154 posts
4,869 battles
38 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

Leaving in 3 hours so about to do some wows and hopefully grind two containers :)

That's how long it takes me to get two containers!!! Don't miss your flight over this; your wife will probably kill you, and then what would we do? :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
96
[SHAFT]
Members
260 posts
10,875 battles
15 hours ago, RedSeaBear said:

After playing the DM a lot in Rank I learned a few things about the ship. I've been having fun with her in randoms of late because of Halsey Campaign. 

This my DM held down the C cap of Sleeping Giants. I was doing the campaign task to damage IJN ships and win the game. I sank every IJN ship in the game lol. 

leWO1eF.jpg

QUPDQ4b.jpg

Nice Dude. I love my IJN , but I love punishing people who play them wrongly even more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×