You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KalishniKat

Rendering and Visibility Badly Broken

7 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
9,475 battles

Stalking a Lyon with my Gnevny. He was behind an island, I was not detected. I lost sight of him but knew he was there. Came around the island torps ready. No Lyon. Suddenly a blast from an invisible ship 2km away kills me as the Lyon then becomes visible. How come I can't see a giant BB at 2km, yet he sees me??? He was there yet didn't render, yet I did. I'm on a very fast internet connection and good machine. This part of the game is badly broken. How can DDs be expected to use islands as cover to ambush when the game refuses to render the target????

[OBS]
Members
1,265 posts
9,848 battles
Just now, KalishniKat said:

Stalking a Lyon with my Gnevny. He was behind an island, I was not detected. I lost sight of him but knew he was there. Came around the island torps ready. No Lyon. Suddenly a blast from an invisible ship 2km away kills me as the Lyon then becomes visible. How come I can't see a giant BB at 2km, yet he sees me??? He was there yet didn't render, yet I did. I'm on a very fast internet connection and good machine. This part of the game is badly broken. How can DDs be expected to use islands as cover to ambush when the game refuses to render the target????

I think I am on a good machine and connection, and yet div players regularly see ships a second or so before I do.  Another thing I don't get is when playing solo, how am I immediately targeted by one or even several ships the moment it says I am spotted?  Spotted = targeted immediately.  I load into battle before most, that's all I have to think my machine is running as it should.

Beta Testers
2,701 posts
12,411 battles

I have had same situation but I know I have had to expose myself first before he shows up (that sounds so wrong on so many levels but you get it)

Edited by CriMiNaL__

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,397 posts
14,916 battles
1 hour ago, KalishniKat said:

AT 2km your within assured detection range.  You should have had him spotted before you rounded corner.

But yes their is a bug. Battleships sailing out from behind island don't seem to register until they are fully clear of idland.