You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
commodore_torakula

I had to blacklist someone....it's a first

15 comments in this topic

Members
1,347 posts
10,172 battles

So after playing about 8,000 missions all told and having been hectored occasionally for poor play, or else teased by clan mates for not being the most skilled player, I finally had someone PM me after a battle to sling ad-hominem attacks at me as if they had taken it really personally.

This was from a Missouri driver who, yes, had come across the back of the map on Sleeping Giant to bail me out of a situation where the team had gotten overwhelmed in the C zone and I was disengaging to keep from getting burnt to the waterline.  The accusations started when they began to disengage too and chatted, "I came over to bail you out and you're not even firing Scharn,"

I was only looking for a suitable target now that I'd gotten my hind end out of range to the west....nothing else....So I chatted some careful insults back because I didn't appreciate the carping....yup, I started it.

The upshot was that he got lunched and I barely made it around the A zone and we lost with a 2-on-2 at the end....it was close.

I mean, my karma's usually nothing to brag about, but it has been as high as 10 recently, then took a nose-dive back to zero.  I know full well I'm a below-avg. player but I'd rather not have my nose rubbed in it when I'm trying to have a good time for an hour or so a day....I had time to go eat dinner and come back and find some choice innuendoes for me via PM so I started in again with:  "Note well: I finished two slots higher than you on the team score....bye...." [then I blacklisted them]

What exactly does karma do, anyway, besides serve as a thumbnail of one's behavior/skill?  I hand out compliments easily and off-handedly myself, without notifying the recipient usually, although I probably have used the report feature more to the extent I've used them very much at all.  The main screen after the battle seems to notify one of a positive but I never see a notification that I've been handed a -1.

Your thoughts?

[OBS]
Members
1,265 posts
9,854 battles

Think mine is 100, you must suck dude, lol.  Try not to get worked up over the caustic pricks, its like driving, another ahole is born every minute.

[OBS]
Members
1,265 posts
9,854 battles

That's actually a question I've had; how high can your "karma" get?  Used to assume it was 100 but I think I've surpassed that now.

Members
1,347 posts
10,172 battles

Like I said, I don't deny I suck....My clan mates said, "Tell people you're giving them +1 and they'll do it back," but that's not really my way. ....

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,999 posts
4 minutes ago, BullHalsey said:

Think mine is 100, you must suck dude, lol.  Try not to get worked up over the caustic pricks, its like driving, another ahole is born every minute.

No that would be you for even suggesting that, esp as the first comment. Cripes' sake. I work hard to maintain my zero karma (in balance), it's not an easy task but some of us have to do it for the better good. 

You said you started it OP... so let it go or write a ticket. Not much else you can do. 

Members
1,347 posts
10,172 battles
1 minute ago, Herr_Reitz said:

No that would be you for even suggesting that, esp as the first comment. Cripes' sake. I work hard to maintain my zero karma (in balance), it's not an easy task but some of us have to do it for the better good. 

You said you started it OP... so let it go or write a ticket. Not much else you can do. 

.....I know I began the name-calling....I admit that....and I have no intention of doing anything else except let it go....I just find it odd that some people seem to have a penchant for making the way one handles a pixel-ship in this game such a personal insult to their sensibilities.... happens rarely enough, but it does happen

....ordinary-level backbiting in chat just seems to be how it goes when one is on the losing side....I don't tell people what they should do when we're losing for good or ill, I just lose.....

[TBW]
Members
7,714 posts
14,140 battles

I give Karma to the team on the first 5 star win in scenarios.

• Cool 1

[OBS]
Members
1,265 posts
9,854 battles
8 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I have no idea what you are talking about, Herr, old man.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,999 posts

Good. Message successfully communicated. :cap_haloween:

Seriously tho... there's a meta behind these games that suggests a viable view of the inner dept of the spirit of the player. It's what triggers folks. It brings salt. 

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles
1 hour ago, BullHalsey said:

:Smile_great:

[13TH]
Members
4,869 posts
8,270 battles
1 hour ago, commodore_torakula said:

So after playing about 8,000 missions all told and having been hectored occasionally for poor play, or else teased by clan mates for not being the most skilled player, I finally had someone PM me after a battle to sling ad-hominem attacks at me as if they had taken it really personally.

This was from a Missouri driver who, yes, had come across the back of the map on Sleeping Giant to bail me out of a situation where the team had gotten overwhelmed in the C zone and I was disengaging to keep from getting burnt to the waterline.  The accusations started when they began to disengage too and chatted, "I came over to bail you out and you're not even firing Scharn,"

I was only looking for a suitable target now that I'd gotten my hind end out of range to the west....nothing else....So I chatted some careful insults back because I didn't appreciate the carping....yup, I started it.

The upshot was that he got lunched and I barely made it around the A zone and we lost with a 2-on-2 at the end....it was close.

I mean, my karma's usually nothing to brag about, but it has been as high as 10 recently, then took a nose-dive back to zero.  I know full well I'm a below-avg. player but I'd rather not have my nose rubbed in it when I'm trying to have a good time for an hour or so a day....I had time to go eat dinner and come back and find some choice innuendoes for me via PM so I started in again with:  "Note well: I finished two slots higher than you on the team score....bye...." [then I blacklisted them]

What exactly does karma do, anyway, besides serve as a thumbnail of one's behavior/skill?  I hand out compliments easily and off-handedly myself, without notifying the recipient usually, although I probably have used the report feature more to the extent I've used them very much at all.  The main screen after the battle seems to notify one of a positive but I never see a notification that I've been handed a -1.

Your thoughts?

My Karma went from a steady 19-24 for many many months to 3 in 3 weeks as soon as I got the fancy emblem took me another 2 weeks to get to 0 we’re it’s stuck .. well actually it went to 1 last week but I looked yesterday ...0 and I’m working hard to keep it there.. I never give advice or grumble in chat am a good team player .. I’m nice .. I’m Canadian for God sakes

as for nasty players I had a B.B. player ask for support.. I ignored him as the battle had not even begun ,so for the rest of the game he lambasted me in chat for my Cruiser play, I ignored him finished the game, he’s now PMing me saying the same stuff of course this time I let him have it .. for 2 freakin days this idiot is PMing me back and forth back and forth,me being a tad rude at times, then I got my best Pirate talk happening and he said I was crazy and I never heard from them again .. the end made me laugh but not the beginning 

Members
1,347 posts
10,172 battles
2 hours ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

My Karma went from a steady 19-24 for many many months to 3 in 3 weeks as soon as I got the fancy emblem took me another 2 weeks to get to 0 we’re it’s stuck .. well actually it went to 1 last week but I looked yesterday ...0 and I’m working hard to keep it there.. I never give advice or grumble in chat am a good team player .. I’m nice .. I’m Canadian for God sakes

as for nasty players I had a B.B. player ask for support.. I ignored him as the battle had not even begun ,so for the rest of the game he lambasted me in chat for my Cruiser play, I ignored him finished the game, he’s now PMing me saying the same stuff of course this time I let him have it .. for 2 freakin days this idiot is PMing me back and forth back and forth,me being a tad rude at times, then I got my best Pirate talk happening and he said I was crazy and I never heard from them again .. the end made me laugh but not the beginning 

I know, right? .... What's with people that can't let a very minor "up yours," just slide?....That's not what I told the Missouri driver....it was less than that....What this person really took exception to was my playing in a way that disturbed them.

[13TH]
Members
4,869 posts
8,270 battles
14 hours ago, commodore_torakula said:

I know, right? .... What's with people that can't let a very minor "up yours," just slide?....That's not what I told the Missouri driver....it was less than that....What this person really took exception to was my playing in a way that disturbed them.

You can’t please everyone nor should you try, this player likes  the bully tactics, most likely they live there life that way also .. Not in my nature to be nasty in chat but I also don’t take crap either

[PHRA]
Members
78 posts
9,382 battles

I've seen some players go off their rockers when playing this game over some stupid stuff.