You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BoldSavage

Seeking suggestions for a Richelieu upgrade build

17 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts
8,497 battles

Hello all.  I finally unlocked Richelieu and I come asking for some suggestions on the upgrade modules.  I do want to stick to a secondary build but what are some of the other mods that I should be running on this ship?  Thanks ahead of time.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I do not own the Richie Congrats on obtaining Her

The wiki has  good advise on what to use.

• Bad 1

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,371 battles

Secondary build but main batt dispersion module.  Richie is a nasty high speed flanker, rudder shift mod also.  Half concealment if you have the commander skills.  Then you catch those Musashis and Yamatos, etc, where they think they are safe bow on and double/triple cit them, and run with secondaries active as necessary.

[MASSD]
Members
418 posts
15,342 battles

Yeah, I wouldn't build for secondaries. Their angles are bad, they're slow, few in numbers and the range isn't as good as the Germans'.

Chances are, you're going to try to sit and bow-tank in this ship like many others do. In that case, a survivalist build would be a better choice. Though still not optimal, because those HE shells will just shred your 32mm armour.

If however, you are going to use the Richelieu as it's intended, i.e.; as a flanking ship, you're better off going for an AA build. You are likely to go at it alone (or without that much air support) most of the time and consequently, a juicy target for the CVs. An AA build would hurt the CV enough to make them think about it again.

Edited by yacskn
  • Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,497 battles

So if not secondaries should I go AA build for Richelieu and then switch back up to a secondary build for Alscae?

Edited by SuperSpud1

Members
3,774 posts
8,497 battles
9 minutes ago, BullHalsey said:

Secondary build but main batt dispersion module.  Richie is a nasty high speed flanker, rudder shift mod also.  Half concealment if you have the commander skills.  Then you catch those Musashis and Yamatos, etc, where they think they are safe bow on and double/triple cit them, and run with secondaries active as necessary.

I always try to do secondary builds on ships that allow for it.   But this one I'm just not sure about.

[MASSD]
Members
418 posts
15,342 battles
Just now, SuperSpud1 said:

So if not secondaries should I go AA build for Richelieu and then switch back up to a secondary build for Alscae?

If you're going to use him on the Alsace just make him secondary. No need to waste a load of doubloons/captain xp on redistribution.

Members
3,774 posts
8,497 battles
1 minute ago, yacskn said:

If you're going to use him on the Alsace just make him secondary. No need to waste a load of doubloons/captain xp on redistribution.

I don't use doubloons and I don't spend money on doubloons lol.  I usually just grind credits it doesn't take that long to do with Missouri.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,325 posts
9,621 battles
20 minutes ago, yacskn said:

Yeah, I wouldn't build for secondaries. Their angles are bad, they're slow, few in numbers and the range isn't as good as the Germans'.

Chances are, you're going to try to sit and bow-tank in this ship like many others do. In that case, a survivalist build would be a better choice. Though still not optimal, because those HE shells will just shred your 32mm armour.

If however, you are going to use the Richelieu as it's intended, i.e.; as a flanking ship, you're better off going for an AA build. You are likely to go at it alone (or without that much air support) most of the time and consequently, a juicy target for the CVs. An AA build would hurt the CV enough to make them think about it again.

Bow tanking doesn't work well but if you angle off about 25 degrees you will bounce shells like a champ.

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,371 battles
16 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

I always try to do secondary builds on ships that allow for it.   But this one I'm just not sure about.

I don't recommend bow tanking in it except when necessary.  Secondary build has proved useful for me with this ship.  Richelieu is not Yamato.  15" guns, your best asset is speed.  Secondaries start fires and harass enemies.  But figure it out to your own playstyle.  And as I said hybrid secondary build with the main battery dispersion module.

Edited by BullHalsey

[SYJ]
Members
1,011 posts
2,260 battles

Secondary build on rich works, but not the full on yolo. Outside of aft, mf, and the distance boost module, I would do much. Like someone said above, everything is in the rear, and if your like me and love to bow tank rich, it's not as useful as I would like it to be. 

[WOLFB]
Members
647 posts
23,310 battles

I have full secondary build and they are near the rear but do ggod work on the sides when bow tanking another bb, to fend off anything coming in from the side.....And 10.6 with a flag is more than good enough!

• Cool 1

[AAA]
Members
473 posts
5,935 battles

On a whim I changed the dispersion module for the secondary module. I had really good dispersion out to max range. Capt had atf but not enough points for bft. While slow firing I found the 152s potent enough to sink wounded dds. Got several close quarter kills. 

Bow tank slowly and find those juicy cl/a showing broadside. 

• Cool 1

[MASSD]
Members
418 posts
15,342 battles
7 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Bow tanking doesn't work well but if you angle off about 25 degrees you will bounce shells like a champ.

The worry is not eating AP salvos from BBs, but HE salvos from cruisers. If I see a BB that's standing still in the water, I'm gonna shoot at it until it dies. The Richelieu just can't stand against sustained HE fire with full 32mm armour. So it's better that it moves.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,325 posts
9,621 battles
4 hours ago, yacskn said:

The worry is not eating AP salvos from BBs, but HE salvos from cruisers. If I see a BB that's standing still in the water, I'm gonna shoot at it until it dies. The Richelieu just can't stand against sustained HE fire with full 32mm armour. So it's better that it moves.

Very true and that fits my play style of run & gun much better than the normal bow tanking.

[ONAVY]
Members
870 posts
6,683 battles

Yep, I like this ship, am working towards the Alsace and I agree I have tried the bow thing and does not work ..for me...I do better using its speed for flanking. Trying to find the right combination of attack with it AP and HE combinations while moving.