Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MohenjoDaro

Expert Loader Tweak

8 comments in this topic

[LWC]
Members
39 posts
4,475 battles

I used to use expert loader when I started playing wows, but, like most players, I figured out that it really wasn't worth getting. It's not worth it DDs or most CLs/CAs since your RoF is fast enough to make the time you save almost worthless. 600 damage or 5 seconds saved? Most can agree 600 damage is better since you can fire a new salvo quick enough.

The main ship expert loader is for is BBs. I feel like it's there to encourage firing HE at DDs as well as bow on targets. I personally would rather fire my salvo or find a new target rather than save 15 seconds with expert loader. It just doesn't save me enough time to be worth it if my guns are already loaded.

My thought is, why not *always* make it add half of the elapsed reload onto the current reload? (30 second reload, guns are loaded, so (30 / 2) + 0 = 15 seconds to switch). This acts just like expert loader when your guns are fully reloaded, but it also saves you time whenever you switch ammo.

Equation: (ElapsedTime / 2) + RemainingTime
ElapsedTime = ReloadTime - RemainingTime

Examples (Using a 30 second reload):
20s remaining: ((30 - 20) / 2) + 20 = 25s for ammo switch
15s remaining: ((30 - 15) / 2) + 15 = 22.5s for ammo switch
10s remaining: ((30 - 10) / 2) + 10 = 20s for ammo switch
0s remaining: ((30 - 0) / 2) + 0 = 15s for ammo switch (same as Expert Loader)

I feel like this would be a give players a bit more reason you take expert loader. It still isn't amazing, but I feel players might actually take it since it's only 1 point.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I use the one click ammo changer.

Before you shoot what is loaded one Click the change of ammo.

Once fired the alternate ammo is next in que to be loaded {Yes it still takes full reload time but if you didn't do this your still loading the same ammo}

I do this alternately between shots and send a different salvo each time I shoot.

Scharnhorst has a twenty sec reload and I can burn down a ship as I shoot AP during the burn restart the fires at will.

• Cool 1

[LWC]
Members
39 posts
4,475 battles
1 minute ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I use the one click ammo changer.

Before you shoot what is loaded one Click the change of ammo.

Once fired the alternate ammo is next in que to be loaded {Yes it still takes full reload time but if you didn't do this your still loading the same ammo}

I do this alternately between shots and send a different salvo each time I shoot.

Scharnhorst has a twenty sec reload and I can burn down a ship as I shoot AP during the burn restart the fires at will.

I prefer double clicking the ammo I need right after firing (I used to play on a slow computer, so it would sometimes fire one turret and switch before firig the rest).

This idea was more to give expert loader a better ability since it's pretty worthless in its current state.

[WOLF9]
Members
9,719 posts
4,290 battles
1 hour ago, MohenjoDaro said:

The main ship expert loader is for is BBs. I feel like it's there to encourage firing HE at DDs as well as bow on targets. I personally would rather fire my salvo or find a new target rather than save 15 seconds with expert loader. It just doesn't save me enough time to be worth it if my guns are already loaded.

Look at it this way.  You get two salvos in 45 secs vs. two in 60 seconds.  I use it in ships that have relatively slow reload.  Done the Priority Target thing.  Don't feel as though it's necessary.  Nowadays I lean toward PM.

[LWC]
Members
39 posts
4,475 battles
5 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Look at it this way.  You get two salvos in 45 secs vs. two in 60 seconds.  I use it in ships that have relatively slow reload.  Done the Priority Target thing.  Don't feel as though it's necessary.  Nowadays I lean toward PM.

To me, and I think most people since not many use EL, that 15 seconds just isn't worth the wait.

You have 10 seconds left on a 30 second reload, and want to switch ammo types, that means waiting 10 seconds, switching ammo, and it takes 25 seconds instead of 30, so you save 5 seconds. My tweak would be ((30 - 10) / 2) + 10 = 20 seconds, so you save 10 seconds instead of 5. 

This isn't a huge change, but I think it would make EL a more worthwhile skill to take over PM or the catapult fighter.

[PVE]
Members
3,235 posts
21,599 battles

I only use it on Missouri w/Doh (oops...Doe)...if I'm ready to radar a DD in smoke...

I'll hit the reload (at 7.5 seconds...approximately)...wait for the reload...then hit the radar & fire the HE at the DD...then i'll hit the 2 button...fire the next volley of HE at the DD (or nearest available BB if DD has disappeared) & have my trusty AP back in action for the next volley.

Other than that I agree 100%...it is worthless (didn't used to be...used to be that you didn't have to wait for full reload & you could just hit 1(w/AP loaded)...fire AP...hit 2...fire HE...back & forth & the next volley would load in 1/2 the time...that changed shortly after I started playing unfortunately.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

I disagree that it's worthless - I use it a certain amount on high tier cruisers where the difference in reload when switching is enough to catch someone in a turn. But I wouldn't turn down your buff to the skill either.

Sign in to follow this