You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Silver_kun

The New Teamkill Punishment System

38 comments in this topic

Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles

I particularly didn`t have any problem with the new teamkill punishment system until this happened...     (Although the punishment for minimal damage is annoying)

What.PNG.ad6ede1cbea45bc50321c1a45d60166a.PNG                           

I got this because I got disconnected.

In an ordinary situation I can still accept this especially because the penalty duration lasts one battle but I have been disconnecting nearly every battle for the past 4 days and I continuously remain pink.

I can give an assurance that there are no technical difficulties whatsoever on my end and my internet, although not the best, has remained stable.

I think everybody knows about this already but I would still like it to be considered.

Afterwards, due to all these disconnects I played a low tier match in the German destroyer V-25(Tier 2) and due to my own fault hit a Nassau with one torpedo and didn`t get time to reconnect as the battle was almost over hence I received the deserved penalty and additionally the disconnect penalty.

What2.PNG.4e9e94c6e7a1c6e88f03be6c39c76a5d.PNG

People could argue that instead of directly quitting the battle people could manipulate the system by turning off their internet connection but at least server side disconnects should be overlooked without a penalty.

That is my case and I hope something can be done regarding disconnect penalties. One or two disconnects are barely hindering a player penalty wise but when they pile up like in my case, you can`t avoid turning pink and as the message says further restrictions can be Imposed. I believe there is also a blacklist on which people experiencing this can get their name on.

Edited by Silver_kun
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,173 posts
9,527 battles

The system is no fault but they do need to rework the wording. The system can't tell the difference between someone simply going back to port early and someone that got DC'd/crashed.

Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
9 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The system is no fault but they do need to rework the wording. The system can't tell the difference between someone simply going back to port early and someone that got DC'd/crashed.

Never said the system was completely wrong. And the latter is what I want to be changed. I am no programmer so I don`t know how much effort would be required but I do hope it is possible for the system to know when a player is manually with complete awareness leaving a battle than when the player didn`t go through the process and got disconnected for whatever reason.

If you reconnect in time regardless of your destruction the effect of the team kill is negated whereas if you quit you have no way to access the battle again. 

For Instance when you attempt at Reconnecting the game directly puts you into the loading screen. I may be wrong but dosen`t that mean the game can discern ever so slightly?

Maybe there is a possibility to work on that.

Edited by Silver_kun

[-WPG-]
Members
953 posts
3,785 battles

If you're disconnecting nearly every game, you should address that, not focusing on being pink because if it. You're screwing over your teammates with constant disconnects.  Have you run the wows system check? If so uninstall and reinstall the client. 

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,173 posts
9,527 battles
1 minute ago, Silver_kun said:

Never said the system was completely wrong. And the latter is what I want to be changed. I am no programmer so I don`t know how much effort would be required but I do hope it is possible for the system to know when a player is manually with complete awareness leaving a battle than when the player didn`t go through the the process and got disconnected for whatever reason.

If you reconnect in time regardless of your destruction the effect of the team kill is negated whereas if you quit you have no way to access the battle again. 

For Instance when you attempt at Reconnecting the game directly puts you into the loading screen. I may be wrong but dosen`t that mean the game can discern ever so slightly?

Maybe there is a possibility to work on that.

My programming experience is RPG II & COBOL from a programming course I took back when IBM PC's cost $6,000 but I do think they can tell if you are voluntarily leaving, going to port of Alt+F4 (the game asks if you really want to leave), but they can't tell the difference between pulling the plug on your modem or getting DC'd and people would abuse that. 

[H2O]
Members
1 post
3,814 battles

This has happened to me a few times.Most times I have to wait till the battle is over to get back in. Recently I managed too get back in just before the battle ended. I still got the penalty. Ran their game check. It wanted me too install direct x 9. 12 came preinstalled. Don't see how down grading too 9 would help.

Edited by jmhstanford

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I have been disconnected randomly and still got back in time so there was no penalty.

I have disconnected too by my own hand. I got back in time  so there was no penalty.

I will admit the system is on an auto system and is flawed.

But....... It is working as intended. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,173 posts
9,527 battles
1 minute ago, jmhstanford said:

This has happened to me a few times.Most times I have to wait till the battle is over to get back in. Recently I managed too get back in just before the battle ended. I still got the penalty.

There is a timer on how long you can be gone and get back in so if your computer is slow at booting and loading you are more likely to not get back in if you have to reboot.

Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
6 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

If you're disconnecting nearly every game, you should address that, not focusing on being pink because if it. You're screwing over your teammates with constant disconnects.  Have you run the wows system check? If so uninstall and reinstall the client. 

I thought about that, a clean reinstall and game integrity check didn`t work. I will try it again anyways but I saw threads with other people talking about ping errors and such sorts.

I am playing only co-op currently to at least not ruin random games of people.

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,173 posts
9,527 battles
Just now, Silver_kun said:

I thought about that, a clean reinstall and game integrity check didn`t work. I will try it again anyways but I saw threads with other people talking about ping errors and such sorts.

I am playing only co-op currently to at least not ruin random games of people.

How old is your modem and/or router? If they are more than a couple years old they could be the problem. Routers only seem to last a couple of years before they go south now.

Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
3 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I have been disconnected randomly and still got back in time so there was no penalty.

I have disconnected too by my own hand. I got back in time  so there was no penalty.

I will admit the system is on an auto system and is flawed.

But....... It is working as intended. 

First statement I have no qualms with. In some battles It is a near end disconnect was all I mentioned, so a penalty is due.

The second statement I didn`t understand. As per my understanding you must have switched off your internet connection, that is a way to bypass the system but by choosing to quit or leave a battle I don`t believe you can join again.

I don`t want the system to be overturned.  The previous Team kill system is just fine and this is too, was just pointing out a drawback in a special case.

Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

How old is your modem and/or router? If they are more than a couple years old they could be the problem. Routers only seem to last a couple of years before they go south now.

I would say It is about two to three years old now. Now that you have pointed it out, I might as well get it checked.

Many thanks.

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,920 posts
10,485 battles

I think the best part of this system is accidentally shooting your buddy in his Belfast with your Belfast while in smoke for 2k damage, and then going pink for several games even though you're in a division with Belfast which have to hug each other very closely. It almost seems like the easiest solution to our problems is to simply turn off team damage like in operations. As for the disconnects, I think instead of the pink penalty, send people to co-op till they they play like two battles in a row where their connection is stable.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
5 minutes ago, Silver_kun said:

First statement I have no qualms with. In some battles It is a near end disconnect was all I mentioned, so a penalty is due.

The second statement I didn`t understand. As per my understanding you must have switched off your internet connection, that is a way to bypass the system but by choosing to quit or leave a battle I don`t believe you can join again.

I don`t want the system to be overturned.  The previous Team kill system is just fine and this is too, was just pointing out a drawback in a special case.

Second statement was a intentional reboot because of freezing screens ctrl alt delete style if you do this you can still enter the game you left.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,256 posts
11,792 battles
1 hour ago, Silver_kun said:

I particularly didn`t have any problem with the new teamkill punishment system until this happened...     (Although the punishment for minimal damage is annoying)

In an ordinary situation I can still accept this especially because the penalty duration lasts one battle but I have been disconnecting nearly every battle for the past 4 days and I continuously remain pink.

I can give an assurance that there are no technical difficulties whatsoever on my end and my internet, although not the best, has remained stable.

I think everybody knows about this already but I would still like it to be considered.

Afterwards, due to all these disconnects I played a low tier match in the German destroyer V-25(Tier 2) and due to my own fault hit a Nassau with one torpedo and didn`t get time to reconnect as the battle was almost over hence I received the deserved penalty and additionally the disconnect penalty.

People could argue that instead of directly quitting the battle people could manipulate the system by turning off their internet connection but at least server side disconnects should be overlooked without a penalty.

That is my case and I hope something can be done regarding disconnect penalties. One or two disconnects are barely hindering a player penalty wise but when they pile up like in my case, you can`t avoid turning pink and as the message says further restrictions can be Imposed. I believe there is also a blacklist on which people experiencing this can get their name on.

I really don't have any issues with disconnect penalties.  If your team is saddled with being down a ship, the least you can do is eat the penalty.  Perhaps you should do something to fix your bloody connection if it's so bad.

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,173 posts
9,527 battles
1 minute ago, Komrade_Rylo said:

I think the best part of this system is accidentally shooting your buddy in his Belfast with your Belfast while in smoke for 2k damage, and then going pink for several games even though you're in a division with Belfast which have to hug each other very closely. It almost seems like the easiest solution to our problems is to simply turn off team damage like in operations. As for the disconnects, I think instead of the pink penalty, send people to co-op till they they play like two battles in a row where their connection is stable.

The inactivity portion of going pink is really about the people that leave early because they don't like what they see or those that simply stop playing a few minutes into the match to leach easy experience. The second is/was typically power leveling services.

Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
Just now, crzyhawk said:

I really don't have any issues with disconnect penalties.  If your team is saddled with being down a ship, the least you can do is eat the penalty.  Perhaps you should do something to fix your bloody connection if it's so bad.

It isn`t. That is the whole point.

1) There is no need to get riled up.

2) Maybe you should think about the text after you read it, just a suggestion.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,256 posts
11,792 battles

Nope, a wide variety of people have been complaining about getting pinked because they D/C'd.  They don't care that their teams are getting stinked because they get D/C'd.  My commentary stands.

Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
5 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Second statement was a intentional reboot because of freezing screens ctrl alt delete style if you do this you can still enter the game you left.

Ahh, I see.

[FML]
Members
1,911 posts
10,598 battles

So, I realise that it’s not logical, but I was getting similar problems right after the patch that introduced the AFK penalty happened. Run the WGCheck tool over your client and fix any files that are broken or incomplete. 

My client is now stable and I don’t get weird hangs. 

Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
Just now, crzyhawk said:

Nope, a wide variety of people have been complaining about getting pinked because they D/C'd.  They don't care that their teams are getting stinked because they get D/C'd.  My commentary stands.

Oh, but I do care. I am only playing Co-op now.

Your viewpoint is fair enough.

I am totally fine with the penalty if I lose the connection in  my end, but if it is a server ping error then it troubles me a tad bit.

Some people were using ping plotter to see why there were server kick outs. Most of them possessed perfect connections, high-end or at least decent hardware and no viruses.

Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
2 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

So, I realise that it’s not logical, but I was getting similar problems right after the patch that introduced the AFK penalty happened. Run the WGCheck tool over your client and fix any files that are broken or incomplete. 

My client is now stable and I don’t get weird hangs. 

Thank you for the advice. I tried it already with no result but I will do it again.

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
1,280 posts
4,917 battles

Are you sure there are not technical difficulties on your end? I ask this because Windows' updates, the ones Windows does not tell you about, have altered settings on my computer. I've had issues following more than one Windows update. One time a Microsoft turned off my NIC with an update but it did not effect my wife's computer.

Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
2 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Are you sure there are not technical difficulties on your end? I ask this because Windows' updates, the ones Windows does not tell you about, have altered settings on my computer. I've had issues following more than one Windows update. One time a Microsoft turned off my NIC with an update but it did not effect my wife's computer.

I am sure about that. My windows update messes with quite some things on my computer but as far as connection settings go it is just the occasional no connections found or default gateway closed errors.

During these disconnects I was listening to music on YouTube without interruption and could access the internet during disconnects.

No other settings seem to be altered.

Members
3,647 posts
6,361 battles

Also remember - it can be ANY piece of hardware between you and WG.  Packetloss on a router(s) in the route and that can cause a disconnect.