You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Malarkey_

Premium Ship Wishlist.

106 comments in this topic

[MWM]
Supertester
284 posts
7,115 battles

Figure I would start a hopefully fun topic for the community. Really the question is what would you like to see as a premium rather its something that has been around before and want it back or something new. As a example with the Tachibana Lima that came out I would love to see the chance of getting Iwaki Alpha/Arkansas Beta (in non-Alpha/Beta form) for the community. I wouldn't want to take away the prestige to those that have the Alpha/Beta ships. Just more a open to get a 'normal' premium version Iwaki/Arkansas sort of like what happen with the ST Alabama and the normal Alabama.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,231 posts
9,570 battles
1 minute ago, Malarkey_ said:

Figure I would start a hopefully fun topic for the community. Really the question is what would you like to see as a premium rather its something that has been around before and want it back or something new. As a example with the Tachibana Lima that came out I would love to see the chance of getting Iwaki Alpha/Arkansas Beta (in non-Alpha/Beta form) for the community. I wouldn't want to take away the prestige to those that have the Alpha/Beta ships. Just more a open to get a 'normal' premium version Iwaki/Arkansas sort of like what happen with the ST Alabama and the normal Alabama.

The Iwaki would be guaranteed to lose its 10 Km torpedoes and/or its smoke and the Arkansas would have far fewer upgrade module slots.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,382 posts
19,417 battles
8 minutes ago, Malarkey_ said:

The Arkansas would be a stock Wyoming without the numerous buffs and the T9 ship modules. I wouldn't touch this for more then 5$ as a premium and then it wouldn't even be worth this.

Low tier ships make terrible trainers and credit earners.

The reason why she performs so well is the big boost in stealth, range, secondary guns and accuracy she get from that modules.  

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,479 posts
4,072 battles

I’d like to see the County-class Australia or Canberra as Commonwealth premiums.

• Cool 8

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,926 posts
10,381 battles

I loved to see the IJN torpedoes boat back with 40 torps to play with OR torp spamming with

at lower tier then the Shimma, the torpedoes boat spam torp is "wall of SKILLS"

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,277 battles
7 minutes ago, Panbun said:

I’d like to see the County-class Australia or Canberra as Commonwealth premiums.

Yeah I vouched for the HMAS Canberra some time ago.  Exchanged emails with Mackenzie Gregory about ten years ago, who as a young lieutenant stepped off the deck of the flooded Canberra onto the destroyer USS Blue.  Said he was literally able to walk onto the DD alongside after the battle.  He had a website, Ahoy! Mac's Weblog, which might still be found I haven't looked since he died at an advanced age.

After WWII he went on to ultimately command their sole aircraft carrier.

Made the mistake of mentioning in one of the latter emails that I played naval simulators; he seemed less than impressed.

Edited by BullHalsey
  • Cool 1

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,815 posts
4,814 battles
28 minutes ago, Malarkey_ said:

Iwaki Alpha and Ark Beta are overpowered and not balanced, but it's okay for the game's overall health because there are so few of them, and the number will only go down over time. WG would have to make so many changes to balance them for general sale to the public that they would cease to be the ships that you actually want a chance to play. What you'd get is a stock Wyoming, and an uptiered Tenryu.

3,628 posts
556 battles

I'd like to see Alaska or Guam as the tier 9 FXP replacement for the Trump Wagon.

I'd like to see the Nevada and Tennessee-classes in the game.

I'd like to see the West Virginia in her post-Pearl rebuild because that'd be hilarious

I'd like to see a Somers-class destroyer

I'd like to see the CV-hybrid Oyodo and  Ise.

I'd like to see the Lexington in her Battlecruiser build.

I'd like to see the BB-49-class South Dakota.

I'd like to see a Tillman. 

• Cool 2

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

My only Premium Ship Wish List is the Tirpitz and the GZ as well as the Z39 they are the only ships I do not own from the KM line. {The Best Ship line in the Game}

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,277 battles
9 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

I'd like to see Alaska or Guam as the tier 9 FXP replacement for the Trump Wagon.

I'd like to see the Nevada and Tennessee-classes in the game.

I'd like to see the West Virginia in her post-Pearl rebuild because that'd be hilarious

I'd like to see a Somers-class destroyer

I'd like to see the CV-hybrid Oyodo and  Ise.

I'd like to see the Lexington in her Battlecruiser build.

I'd like to see the BB-49-class South Dakota.

I'd like to see a Tillman. 

Nevada was the definition of an old warhorse; only BB to get (briefly) underway during the Pearl attack, went on to serve through the war, survived Two atomic test detonations, then became a target ship.  It is said Nevada was subjected to fire from numerous US ships for "several" hours including multiple broadsides from the Iowa.  Finally she rolled onto her side but still refused to sink, and was despatched by an aerial torp amidships.  

That illustrates how tough those old battlewagons really were against the surface fire they were designed primarily to face.

Edited by BullHalsey
  • Cool 1

3,628 posts
556 battles
1 minute ago, BullHalsey said:

Nevada was the definition of an old warhorse; only BB to get (briefly) underway during the Pearl attack, went on to serve through the war, survived Two atomic test detonations, then became a target ship.  It is said Nevada was subjected to fire from several US ships for "several" hours including multiple broadsides from the Iowa.  Finally she rolled onto her side but still refused to sink, and was despatched by an aerial torp amidships.  

That illustrates how tough those old battlewagons really were against the surface fire they were designed primarily to face.

New York was the same way. She suffered an absolutely immense amount of damage from not one but two nuclear tests and then being subject a beating as a target. The amount of punishment she took is just outrageous. And that was without any kind of damage control being performed.

I'd take Nevada either way. As she was at Pearl or in her post-Pearl modernization. I just have an affinity for her from my NavyFIELD days.

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,277 battles
7 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

New York was the same way. She suffered an absolutely immense amount of damage from not one but two nuclear tests and then being subject a beating as a target. The amount of punishment she took is just outrageous. And that was without any kind of damage control being performed.

I'd take Nevada either way. As she was at Pearl or in her post-Pearl modernization. I just have an affinity for her from my NavyFIELD days.

To me it is also an argument in support of the Germans' claim that they scuttled the Bismarck, and that the British did not penetrate her citadel.  If the Iowa can pound a BB from the 20s, stationary, and not vaporize the thing, I only believe the Germans more than I already did.

Edited by BullHalsey

Beta Testers
420 posts
9,637 battles
25 minutes ago, Panbun said:

This, a thousand time this.

And no more NC clones, enough already...

[WPP]
Members
614 posts
6,159 battles

USS Canberra.  I don't know much about it except that suspected serial killer and serial rapist Joseph DeAngelo was on there during Viet Nam and it's literally the only ship that I've ever heard anything about in my years of following true crime.

Members
44 posts
8,866 battles

Gave up on wishing for favorite ships cause of what was done to Alabama secondaries, hoping to get a dream machine is a waste of energy cause their just going to shut down the ships best traits. Alabama has basically an Atlanta mounted on each side of that B.B. and it’s just an embarrassment now. Don’t bother hoping to get a special something because it will just be shut down to be worthless as a standard tree boat.

3,628 posts
556 battles

We'll probably see the York and County ingame if the British ever get a CA tree. Which they really deserve because they had some great heavy cruisers.

3,628 posts
556 battles
1 minute ago, tropicthnder said:

Gave up on wishing for favorite ships cause of what was done to Alabama secondaries, hoping to get a dream machine is a waste of energy cause their just going to shut down the ships best traits. Alabama has basically an Atlanta mounted on each side of that B.B. and it’s just an embarrassment now. Don’t bother hoping to get a special something because it will just be shut down to be worthless as a standard tree boat.

Massachusetts.

They're putting her ingame with 11km secondaries. Of course they're pretty much ruining her primary armament to do this but..

• Cool 1

[RS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
29 posts
3 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

We'll probably see the York and County ingame if the British ever get a CA tree. Which they really deserve because they had some great heavy cruisers.

This is what I was about to say too.

York Class heavy cruiser would be a welcome addition as a UK tier 8 premium CA. Something different to all of those CL's currently in the UK tech tree. A whole CA line or even branch form the CL line would be more work away from what we really want:  UK CV line  :cap_cool:

Members
324 posts
6,259 battles

Many posts similar to this one already.  Many of us have asked for the USS Alaska or Guam for years. I always thought it would be a stretch at tier 9, (until the Russian BB... er monster CA to avoid being torped by the Asashio's,  Kronk showed up). Personally felt it would have been a great tier 7, similar to the Scharnhorst.  I've also mentioned the HMS Renown and Repulse several times in previous posts.

Edited by Valas1
  • Cool 1

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
197 posts
4,830 battles

inb4 T-61 :Smile-_tongue:

I would definitely like to see a mid-tier British CL that could serve as a captain trainer for the tech tree RN CLs.

[O_O]
Alpha Tester
291 posts
3,191 battles

WG, give us Yuudachi already! I know you want that weeb money.

Jokes aside, I really want a T7 IJN DD, any Fubuki or Shiratsuyu would be great.

3,628 posts
556 battles
5 minutes ago, Valas1 said:

Many posts similar to this one already.  Many of us have asked for the USS Alaska or Guam for years. I always thought it would be a stretch at tier 9, (until the Russian BB... er monster CA to avoid being torped by the Asashio's,  Kronk showed up). Personally felt it would have been a great tier 7, similar to the Scharnhorst.  I've also mentioned the HMS Renown and Repulse several times in previous posts.

The way they built Kronshtadt in the game, she's basically an Alaska.

Same gun caliber (Kronshtadt was supposed to have 15" guns as I recall?)

Same belt armor

Same barbette armor

Same speed

Kronshtadt was supposed to be a battlecruiser. Instead, they turned her into a Super Cruiser with almost identical stats to Alaska.

So if we see Alaska she'll probably be a tier 9 cruiser.

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,815 posts
4,814 battles

HMS Renown. I know most will want Repulse, but I like the modernised tower block looks and renown served faithfully throughout the entire war. WG just remember to give the turrets some WD40 like with Hood.

HMS Jervis. Luckiest DD in the Royal Navy throughout the war. Despite a long and active career, in 5½ years of war and 13 major actions, not one of her crew was lost to enemy action.

HMS Vanguard. Last BB ever built in the world. Unlike some who obsess on the guns, I'm confident it'll do well. It's not like WG doesn't make up stats and gimmicks when it suits them.

HMS Illustrious/Victorious. Both have a storied history during the war, and the class is the quintessential British armoured CV, that took everything the Axis threw at them and kept going. 

HMS Exeter. Battle of River Plate.

Yukikaze. It's only the most famous and lucky IJN DD of the war, known for being unkillable, fighting in many major battles in the Pacific, surviving everything the Americans threw at her, and living a long career.

B-65 design. IJN Alaska class paper design and mini Yamato.

Yamashiro. Because the IJN need a tier 6 premium BB that isn't a regurgitated former A hull WG is trying to charge money for, and I like Yamashiro.

Tone. Just release the damn thing already. Give it a gimmicks where it sends out 3 scout planes at once or something.

Kitakami. Torpedo soup boat.

Verniy: An Akatsuki class rearmed with soviet weapons intrigues me.