You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Davos_Seaworth

The Onion man hits 3k

21 comments in this topic

[BBICT]
Members
3,497 posts
3,717 battles

No, not 300k damage, 3000 games. (still working on 300k)

If my relationship with this game was on FB I think I would have to hit the "Its complicated" button. I've almost quit 3 or 4 times I forget. Not mad at the game or anyone in it, just me being upset with my lack of mad skills... To many highlight videos on the 'Tube I guess. I know my stats suck, and I don't care. I like to think I've tried my best in all those battles, and I hope all my teams thought so too...but I know they don't LOL... :Smile_teethhappy:  I know all the salty dogs just want to win, or are just having a bad day. I understand. I know they are not like that in real life, so I don't get mad at them. Thick skin I guess. 

So what do I think of the old girl? Well, to be dead honest, if it wasn't for the ships, I wouldn't put up with half this :etc_swear: LOL. This is STILL the only game I play. Really. People think I should "get out more" but I just don't have the metal fortitude to learn another game.

It might sound silly, but I would feel weird playing something else. This game has gotten me through a couple tough years. Depression is a real :etc_swear: on a good day. When your NOT having a good day, having something else to focus on can be a big help, at least for me. "Do whatever you want to me world...just wait till I get home... some people are gonna taste the rainbow from my Atlanta..."  (that sounded dirty...it didn't sound dirty in my mind, LOL) 

I would like to thank everyone for putting up with me. Really. I'm NOT tech savvy at all. I still have a flip phone.. :Smile_teethhappy: So I was HORRIBLE for a long time, since I haven't played any game for longer than some of you have been alive, LOL... :cap_old:  I wouldn't know what I would do without LWM, Lert, Zoup, and all of you here on the Forum. I owe ya'all a beer....right after I hit the lotto... :cap_tea: I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. :Smile_medal:

So what is next? I want an Indy..really..I can make her work. I want her train my Captain for err... a Large/battle/regular/ USN CA/CB that I figure is about a year out...  (pssss...Alaska) 

Also...should I change my name? No, I still like GoT, but I'm two seasons behind on the TV show, and I have to WASD around spoliers every time I go on line, LOL!!! (I'm to cheap for HBO. All my money goes to ships!)

Thanks again gang!

Davos. 

Edited by Sir_Davos_Seaworth
  • Cool 5

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,570 posts
12,258 battles

Congrats on 3k battles.

Whenever you get frustrated, do 2 things.

1) change battle type to Co-op. 

2) take a 5 mi Ute break before hitting battle button.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

Grats on sticking it out. I recall an I Quit from you in the past, but was happy to see you reneged on your promise.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

3k battles is a milestone.... CONGRATS

When I find the day not going my way I usually come to the forums and read about everyone else's problems  {Makes mine seem trivial}

After reading about ten Full posts  2 hours min. My Day gets better.

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,371 battles

If you feel like starting a game and rage quitting for lack of skills, try WOT.  Thought I was a veteran here then started that and no matter what I tried was blown up in moments nearly every time I was spotted.  One, two BOOM.  And repeat.  People in the tanks forum were more than understanding, actually begging me to stick it out for their player base.  The average number I was getting was that you needed 3K battles just to even begin to have a clue.  Nice folks but I uninstalled.  That one simply wasn't worth it for me.

[S0L0]
Members
923 posts
5,130 battles

Glad to see you stick it out, man.:cap_like:

We'll have to division Belfasts sometime, if I ever get back on a human schedule...

Matt

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,249 posts
4,942 battles

A accomplishment and a milestone! And no, the forum wouldn't be the same without your presence! :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Members
923 posts
5,130 battles

Wow, just realized with my last post that I'm at 3500 games even... Nice.

Matt

• Funny 1

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
759 posts
12,301 battles

Congratulations! I think many of us have had those, "I have had ENOUGH!" moments with this game. But still we find ourselves logging back in and playing. Glad you are among those able to keep finding that a love of the game overpowers a physical aversion to salt. :cap_like:

Respects,

Am

Members
2,631 posts
2,738 battles

What if you went with a Twin Peaks name? Not sure which shows you watch these days, heh. Anywho gratz on the 3k! 

Could always go with Bacon McCoolfast. 

• Funny 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,204 posts
7,850 battles

Congratulations!  I hear you on the whole relationship status with World of Warships... :fish_palm:

[ARGSY]
Members
1,318 posts
9,469 battles
57 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

What if you went with a Twin Peaks name? Not sure which shows you watch these days, heh. Anywho gratz on the 3k! 

Could always go with Bacon McCoolfast. 

Pete Martell? The Bookhouse Boys? Jean Renault? OH! OF COURSE: WINDOM EARLE!!!

[ARGSY]
Members
1,318 posts
9,469 battles
Just now, legozer said:

Pete Martell? The Bookhouse Boys? Jean Renault? OH! OF COURSE: WINDOM EARLE!!!

I'm totally changing my name to Windom Earle now....

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles

I'm glad they have WoWS in Mordor.  Uh.... wait.  They have WoWS in Mordor ??

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
279 posts
2,498 battles
7 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

I still have a flip phone.. 

Yay im not the only one.

[BBICT]
Members
3,497 posts
3,717 battles
11 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Congratulations!  I hear you on the whole relationship status with World of Warships... :fish_palm:

Yeah...the Grind can feel like a second job for a schmuck like me...I can only imagine what its like for you. :fish_book: I've said it many times, but thanks for all you do Mouse! 

10 hours ago, iDuckman said:

I'm glad they have WoWS in Mordor.  Uh.... wait.  They have WoWS in Mordor ??

The Dark Lord Sauron likes his 'net... He gives us the scraps... BUT since we did have to move last month we had to switch ISPs  anyway, and this one seems to be working out OK. Now I need a new laptop, LOL..