You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Galvanic_

t4 and t5 matches

29 comments in this topic

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
40 posts

@WarGamming why are there 4 carrier matches at low levels? Some of the ship lines I am playing through have literally 0 aa defense...it is a fish in a barrel situation...explain yourselves!!

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3
  • Angry 1

[TAFY3]
Members
369 posts
7,830 battles

I hear that, your concern makes sense.  I think one thing they did that helps a lot is removing manual drop from T4-T6.  

Tongue-in-cheek.  Take your Texas out once in a while to paddle those CVs!

Edited by driedjello

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

CV's in tier 4 and 5 are the KY lubricant to get you ready for the Tier 6 and above you will face. 

Sure your tier 4 and 5 ships have small AA but in numbers {as in team} it is more than you need.

This is meant to teach you teamwork and abandon the YOLO mentality. {It didn't work} Good Luck!

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,392 posts
19,453 battles

A not too small numbers of those carriers are seal clubbers.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,329 posts
9,639 battles
3 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

A not too small numbers of those carriers are seal clubbers.

That is true but those tiers are pretty much the only tiers where they are able to get a match without waiting forever these days.

[HINON]
Members
9,355 posts

Without manual drops, they aren't that hard to minimize damage from even without AA.

• Cool 1

Members
1,175 posts
3,153 battles

Imagine going up against a Hosho with 2 torpedo bomber squadrons that was able to manual drop. Low tier carriers are horribly ineffective now that manual drop has been removed. 

[LUCK]
Members
1,381 posts
20,686 battles
38 minutes ago, Galvanic_ said:

@WarGamming why are there 4 carrier matches at low levels? Some of the ship lines I am playing through have literally 0 aa defense...it is a fish in a barrel situation...explain yourselves!!

Division with a TX or Yubari.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,392 posts
19,453 battles
2 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Imagine going up against a Hosho with 2 torpedo bomber squadrons that was able to manual drop. Low tier carriers are horribly ineffective now that manual drop has been removed. 

No, you have a good chance of meeting players that are unexperienced. They also use no premium repairs. If you add another CV to the enemy that is new in the business while you bring a 14+ captain in yours, this improves your chances for a victory.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,932 posts
15,675 battles
47 minutes ago, Galvanic_ said:

Yeah, THAT'S the way to get a helpful response!

16 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Not buying into this at all, especially when many ships at tiers 4 and 5 have little or no AA. Show me stats.

[WOLF7]
Members
10,361 posts
36 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

That is true but those tiers are pretty much the only tiers where they are able to get a match without waiting forever these days.

The fact that they admit that a single carrier is too powerful in 7x7 clan wars, makes you wonder how they justify 2 on a side in a 12 on 12. :cap_hmm:

Guess it wouldn't matter if it were nothing but new players....but it's not.

Members
1,175 posts
3,153 battles
9 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Not buying into this at all, especially when many ships at tiers 4 and 5 have little or no AA. Show me stats.

22 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

No, you have a good chance of meeting players that are unexperienced. They also use no premium repairs. If you add another CV to the enemy that is new in the business while you bring a 14+ captain in yours, this improves your chances for a victory.

You guys don't get it. The old Hosho had 1 fighter and 2 torp bombers, and tier 4 and 5 carriers used to be able to manual drop. 

Edited by CarbonButtprint
spelling

Members
475 posts
5,767 battles
58 minutes ago, Galvanic_ said:

yes but there is no manual drop so it is balance and a lot of fun.:Smile_great:

Members
1,759 posts
3,775 battles

You mean those tiers where you can easily cut your throttle and turn into an auto drop and completely dodge it?  And where the usual RNG on dive bombers still make them a total crap shoot?  You mean those tiers where you need to be LEARNING HOW TO DEAL WITH GAMEPLAY MECHANICS?  Those tiers were CV's can barely,  if at all,  restock an entire flight of planes if they get shot down?

True, the lack of AA can be frustrating,  but at those tiers you have other options.  The real bull with CV's doesn't start until T6.  Just enjoy the walk in the park that is dealing with CV's at T4 and 5.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
25 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Division with a TX or Yubari.

Be extra dirty and anchor with a T4 CV. Greasy...

[SYN]
Members
1,380 posts
15,412 battles
37 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Without manual drops, they aren't that hard to minimize damage from even without AA.

This :Smile_great:  They are the training wheels to get you to watch the mini map and develop situational awareness.  

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,945 posts
10,404 battles
1 hour ago, Galvanic_ said:

have literally 0 aa defense

This statement is so un true; you forgotten your CVs are the aa defense OR travel in a group to combine allies' AA (make the AA defensive bubble stronger)

AND

at low tier, it best time to learn game mechanic in dodging torp from CV/dd, IT'S TIME TO GROW UP AND LEARN

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,932 posts
15,675 battles
2 hours ago, CarbonButtprint said:

You guys don't get it. The old Hosho had 1 fighter and 2 torp bombers, and tier 4 and 5 carriers used to be able to manual drop. 

Yeah, I get it; experienced players used to seal club like mad at this tier with manual drop, which is why it was removed, and why it should be removed from all CVs period. Manual drop is way too powerful, like open water stealth firing, and needs to go the same way ... out.

[RESP]
Beta Testers
893 posts
7,334 battles

:cap_old: Back in my day, we didn't even have protected matchmaking.

[WOLF7]
Members
10,361 posts
2 hours ago, _no_one_ said:

yes but there is no manual drop so it is balance and a lot of fun.:Smile_great:

Dropping auto 25% closer is hardly much of a disadvantage, they drop so close the average cruiser can't dodge. Seal clubbers still abuse players at those tiers....

[WORX]
Members
2,020 posts
13,515 battles
3 hours ago, Galvanic_ said:

why are there 4 carrier matches at low levels? Some of the ship lines I am playing through have literally 0 aa defense...it is a fish in a barrel situation...explain yourselves!!

Don;t worry, the higher you tier up in the CV line regardless of nation, you going to face

• Every ship class
  • Every Nation

With danm near god like AA to where playing CV is agony. That makes wait times for upper tier CV play to be in the 10min to 15min minimum. Not fun. So just some advice, leave my CV drivers in the lower tiers alone. Take care..

Members
475 posts
5,767 battles
6 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Dropping auto 25% closer is hardly much of a disadvantage, they drop so close the average cruiser can't dodge. Seal clubbers still abuse players at those tiers....

Can't dodge? It is the easy thing in a cruiser. You sail towards the planes. Before they launch the torps you are already sailing towards them. The thing is without manual drop the planes will always drop them in 30 degree +/- angle to the bow left or right. So because you are already sailing towards them it is easy to dodge them. Now an experience cv player will come with 2 torpedo squadrons , one from the left and one from the right to create a cross drop. But again is not that easy against in a cruiser who knows what to do.

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,847 posts
4,814 battles

You young whippersnappers know not of the old days when a tier 4 Ark Beta with absolutely zero AA could come under attack from a tier 7 enemy Hiryu... with 3 sets of torpedo bombers iirc... using manual drop... and MM didn't give your team a CV at all. :Smile_teethhappy: 

We've come a long way from matches like this:

WQgARoK.png

:Smile_Default:

[WOLF7]
Members
10,361 posts
1 hour ago, _no_one_ said:

Can't dodge? It is the easy thing in a cruiser. You sail towards the planes. Before they launch the torps you are already sailing towards them. The thing is without manual drop the planes will always drop them in 30 degree +/- angle to the bow left or right. So because you are already sailing towards them it is easy to dodge them. Now an experience cv player will come with 2 torpedo squadrons , one from the left and one from the right to create a cross drop. But again is not that easy against in a cruiser who knows what to do.

Thanks, I'm well aware of how to do it, so take your elitism elsewhere...there are cruisers at tier 3 and 4, that constantly see multiple carriers, but can't dodge their torps.

I mean, the intelligent way to deal with it would have been to buff low tier AA, so that it's not an all game free ride for carriers at those tiers, but I guess that would require WG to actually care about the game experience....:Smile_teethhappy: