You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BrushWolf

This is Why I Hate Win and do X Missions

81 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
Members
1,885 posts
3,994 battles
11 minutes ago, DreadRaybo said:

The fact that the mission is only available for a short time is actually more of the problem.  If these missions would just stack as they are added, and you only had to worry about completing them before the final time limit, then it wouldn't be as bad.  If you had a really good game you could complete 2 or more of these at once.

Yeah i think the time part the thing that makes more stressful than it needs to be. The time limit. If we could do these missions before the finale instead of these 3 day windows it would be far less stressful.

[TF-64]
Members
442 posts
15,566 battles

My weakness has always been survival requirements. Got lucky with this mission. Farragut T8 estuary, domination. Spawned in the middle. Went to the island to guard the middle for the beginning. T6 PA DD (forget the name at the moment) and kill him in 2 engagements. Team takes W cap and is doing a good job of keeping the opfor from taking E cap. Looking at minimap I realize I can probably take S cap before opfor can return and push me out so I enter cap. Long after taking cap a BB comes strolling in to try and do something. I get him with 2 delayed Torps spreads. End of match I realized I even survived. Throw that requirement in and I'm positive I would have fouled that one up. 

I like the winning overall but would rather see something along the lines of X kills in winning battles or X base XP in winning battles, accumulating. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,422 posts
11,933 battles

Here are the remaining missions. Every other mission for this is a win and do X. They are obviously trying to not make it too easy but I feel they went overboard.

June 13–15 Over any number of battles, earn 7,500 base XP.

June 15–18     Cause 70,000 HP of damage to enemy ships in a winning battle.

Not bad, that is a bad match for most tier 10's but I wouldn't try to play tier 8 for these days.

June 15–18     Over any number of battles, earn 2 “Defended” ribbons and set 10 fires.
    *June 18–20     Destroy an enemy ship and survive in a winning battle.                                         

The survive requirement here could lead to over cautious play.

June 20–22     Over any number of battles: cause 300,000 HP of damage to enemy ships.
   *June 22–25     Hit enemy ships 150 times with the main guns in a winning battle.                       

Not too bad but be  prepared for the assault of the RN CL's.

June 22–25     Over any number of battles, shoot down 30 enemy aircraft.
   *June 25–27     Be among the top 3 XP earners on your team and survive in a winning battle.

This is a tough one for an average player.

June 27–29     Over any number of battles, earn 500 ribbons.
   *June 29 ― July 2     Earn 1,750 base XP in a winning battle.

This is another tough one for average players.

June 29 ― July 2     Over any number of battles, damage 100 modules.
   *July 2–4     Get 3 “Captured”, “Assisted”, or “Defended” ribbons in a winning battle.

This isn't bad but it could lead to people hanging back to get defended ribbons.

July 4–6     Over any number of battles, earn 7,500 base XP.
   *July 6–9     Destroy a ship and hit a citadel in a winning battle.

The easy to citadel ships like the RN CL's will be scarce but it is doable.

July 6–9     Over any number of battles, deal 500,000 HP of damage to enemy ships.
   *July 9–11     Destroy a ship and damage 2 modules in a winning battle.

This is effectively destroy a ship in a winning battle as the odds of not damaging two modules is small.

July 11–13     Win 6 battles.
   *July 13–16     Set 2 fires and hit enemy citadels 2 times in a winning battle.

Not bad but it does screw over anyone that only has RN CL's.

July 13–16     Over any number of battles, earn 500 ribbons.

[PQUOD]
Members
1,885 posts
3,994 battles
7 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Here are the remaining missions. Every other mission for this is a win and do X. They are obviously trying to not make it too easy but I feel they went overboard.

Not bad, that is a bad match for most tier 10's but I wouldn't try to play tier 8 for these days.

June 15–18     Over any number of battles, earn 2 “Defended” ribbons and set 10 fires.

The survive requirement here could lead to over cautious play.

June 20–22     Over any number of battles: cause 300,000 HP of damage to enemy ships.
   *June 22–25     Hit enemy ships 150 times with the main guns in a winning battle.                       

*June 25–27     Be among the top 3 XP earners on your team and survive in a winning battle.

This is a tough one for an average player.

This is another tough one for average players.

*July 2–4     Get 3 “Captured”, “Assisted”, or “Defended” ribbons in a winning battle.

This isn't bad but it could lead to people hanging back to get defended ribbons.

July 6–9     Over any number of battles, deal 500,000 HP of damage to enemy ships.

This is effectively destroy a ship in a winning battle as the odds of not damaging two modules is small.

The sad part in all of this is that this ship isn't worth the trouble. It's a port queen for pretty much most folk. A museum ship for me, historical value. Not to play.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
21,422 posts
11,933 battles
4 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

The sad part in all of this is that this ship isn't worth the trouble. It's a port queen for pretty much most folk. A museum ship for me, historical value. Not to play.

It isn't great and it isn't horrible, it is simply average.

[PQUOD]
Members
1,885 posts
3,994 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

It isn't great and it isn't horrible, it is simply average.

Radar was its big deal if i remember right. One of the first radar boats.

[4HIM]
Members
2,475 posts
7,994 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I have come to the conclusion that there should be another method to complete these stacked requirement missions.

In WT, some of the 'challenges' you could gold your way past them if you wanted.  Heck, you could gold the entire mission to get the vehicle.  But if you did the 500 gold vehicle would end up costing you 5,000 gold.  But if you got hung up on one stage, you could get past it if you were willing to shell out the gold.  Didn't do it for every mission.  But some they did.  

[GWG]
[GWG]
21,422 posts
11,933 battles
5 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

In WT, some of the 'challenges' you could gold your way past them if you wanted.  Heck, you could gold the entire mission to get the vehicle.  But if you did the 500 gold vehicle would end up costing you 5,000 gold.  But if you got hung up on one stage, you could get past it if you were willing to shell out the gold.  Didn't do it for every mission.  But some they did.  

I would rather see something like kill 10 or 20 ships in winning matches as an alternative.

[KSE]
Beta Testers
261 posts
15,610 battles

ive had no issues with any of the mission that WG puts out to earn a ship. Just play normal and it will happen.

[N-W-T]
Members
1,761 posts
7,096 battles
45 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Agree, but at least the crates are worth it. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
21,422 posts
11,933 battles
4 minutes ago, WaWingsFan_15 said:

ive had no issues with any of the mission that WG puts out to earn a ship. Just play normal and it will happen.

You are an above average player which makes a big difference in completing missions.

[4HIM]
Members
2,475 posts
7,994 battles

In 3 Randoms last night:

2 kills + solo base cap + assisted base cap - loss

3 kills - loss (both DD's, a Lo Yang and Fubuki, hugged the map border the entire match)

2 kills - loss. Entire team lemming trained to one cap and stayed there and died.

[GWG]
[GWG]
21,422 posts
11,933 battles
3 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

In 3 Randoms last night:

2 kills + solo base cap + assisted base cap - loss

3 kills - loss (both DD's, a Lo Yang and Fubuki, hugged the map border the entire match)

2 kills - loss. Entire team lemming trained to one cap and stayed there and died.

A few matches like that and no matter how hard you try you can't get it out of your mind which negatively impacts your play.

[TDRB]
Members
3,007 posts
9,089 battles

Know that feeling. Shoot something in the bow that you cant overmatch, dispersion looks like the shells are laser guided to the spot most likely to bounce/shatter. Target turns flat broadside, half the shells are killing fish, the other half are headed for orbit.

Sorry to hear you have the same problem but I'm glad WG wasn't picking on just me.:Smile_sad:

Edited by kgh52

[4HIM]
Members
2,475 posts
7,994 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

A few matches like that and no matter how hard you try you can't get it out of your mind which negatively impacts your play.

Which is why I stopped at that point and took the Huang Meh into a PvE game.  Just decided to be silly for a bit.  

[GWG]
[GWG]
21,422 posts
11,933 battles
1 minute ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Which is why I stopped at that point and took the Huang Meh into a PvE game.  Just decided to be silly for a bit.  

I have been dropping to the low tiers in randoms when I run into that myself. The mindless pew pew really helps clear the mind with no missions to chase.

[TDRB]
Members
3,007 posts
9,089 battles

...every hit is either an overpen or the entire salvo is an overs/shorts straddle...

Yes, that is the way it seems.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,284 posts
22,552 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Agree, doable. Maybe not for most mid Tier ships but easy for any T8+

The survive requirement here could lead to over cautious Play.

Kind off. Also:  Players may bring their CVs because of the survival part.

150 is doable for most CL or gun DD.  

This is a tough one for an average Player.

Agree, we may see a lot of hanging back and farm damage gameplay. High Tier PADDs are also good for this.

This is another tough one for average Players.

Too many random factors for a average player

Not really, you get rewarded for all kinds of cap.

Think it's Kronshtadt time then.

Bring something that can shoot 8"+ HE.

Sounds like a Nelson Job. That HE cit easy most cruisers while starting a fire.

[GWG]
[GWG]
21,422 posts
11,933 battles

Sounds like a Nelson Job. That HE cit easy most cruisers while starting a fire.

Actually anything that can set fires and get citadels will work. Start out with HE and as soon as you get your second fire switch to AP and go for the Cits. However, like I said if there is anyone that started after the RN CL's were released and that is all they play they are screwed on this one unless they have the Belfast.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,456 posts
16,885 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Which is why I put it in quotes. I almost made it to the cap even with the glacially slow speed and the other Arizona wasn't much farther away that DD would have had to good health BB's on his nether region, it would have been interesting and if we could stay alive our own capping would have won. 

Yeah, Arizona is a good ship, with many strong attributes, but her speed ain't one of those!

2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

There are guns but with the glacially slow turrets and reload it would be in trouble in a gun fight against a Clemson.

I think Yamato and Kagero share the same turret rotation; I know that ain't true but when you're in a "need to use these guns" situation in a Kag it sure as hell feels that way. 

[KSE]
Beta Testers
261 posts
15,610 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

You are an above average player which makes a big difference in completing missions.

maybe but if u do not try to complete the missions they will come. when I try to complete a mission I get frustrated and cant complete them. but If I just play normal it happens. being above avg or below avg you can still complete the missions. some you wont finish , some you will.  

[GWG]
[GWG]
21,422 posts
11,933 battles
24 minutes ago, WaWingsFan_15 said:

maybe but if u do not try to complete the missions they will come. when I try to complete a mission I get frustrated and cant complete them. but If I just play normal it happens. being above avg or below avg you can still complete the missions. some you wont finish , some you will.  

I took a break and came back. Divisioned with a couple of clan mates and we, the entire team not just us,  pulled out an awesome come from behind win.

a2bVvGh.jpg

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles
6 hours ago, cometguy said:

Simple modification to make them better, using this one as an example:

"Sink two ships in wins, over any number of battles."

Allowing it to be over any number of battles decreases the odds that people will force something that isn't there. You can up the number of ships to sink in compensation, if you want.

This is a great idea.  I was out of town this weekend, and only got a few games in Sunday night.  I was not able to get 5 fires + 15k fire damage + win all in the same game.  I got two of three nearly every game, but never all three.

[4HIM]
Members
2,475 posts
7,994 battles

Played one last game last night before it was time to stop for the night and finally pulled it together.  Actually got 3 kills and an Arsonist in the Schors.  And in a rare event for me, finished 2nd on a winning team.  

[4HIM]
Members
2,475 posts
7,994 battles
9 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I have been dropping to the low tiers in randoms when I run into that myself. The mindless pew pew really helps clear the mind with no missions to chase.

It's why I play the Huang Meh.  To play it, you must rid yourself of any notion that you can carry a game.  I think Huang He translates into "Abandon all hope of carrying all ye who captain here".   Or something like that.

• Cool 1