You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BrushWolf

A Really Stupid Question

17 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,325 posts
9,621 battles

How the heck do you join a division from inside a match? I have had people jump into divisions I am running when I forgot to lock it but for the life of me I can't figure out how they are doing it.

I am able to create divisions by inviting someone but that is it.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
161 posts
6,359 battles

When you press TAB, there is a Division button near the top. Click on that then click on the plus symbol in an existing or a new division.

[SPTR]
Members
20,128 posts
5,690 battles

Hover your mouse over a player name I the tab screen on your team, and to your left with be a division shield with a + on it. Clicking it invites the player to a div.

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,325 posts
9,621 battles
Just now, khaenn35 said:

Hover your mouse over a player name I the tab screen on your team, and to your left with be a division shield with a + on it. Clicking it invites the player to a div.

I will try that, thanks.

[PNG]
[PNG]
Beta Testers
230 posts
8,881 battles

1. before match starts, in loading screen, there's a tab called "divisions" where you can join existing divisions or create new ones. It's next to the tabs to see the map and team list

2. after match starts, in team list on left screen, right click on team mate to see options to invite to division

[JUGS]
Beta Testers
1,374 posts
15,332 battles

And to get any of the rewards that require being in a division just being a division of 1 qualifies you.

• Cool 4

[TBW]
Members
6,607 posts
12,463 battles
1 minute ago, Merc85 said:

And to get any of the rewards that require being in a division just being a division of 1 qualifies you.

Yup, you beat me to it.

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,325 posts
9,621 battles
36 minutes ago, axyarthur said:

1. before match starts, in loading screen, there's a tab called "divisions" where you can join existing divisions or create new ones. It's next to the tabs to see the map and team list

2. after match starts, in team list on left screen, right click on team mate to see options to invite to division

I never hang around on that screen and I knew about the single player division trick.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,573 posts
12,258 battles

You can only join a div early in start of match.

If your in game and someone, not In your match joins your div they did it from port screen

In port, next to battle button is a good div sign that you can click and join anyone' div from your contact list if there is a spot open.

[CAST]
Members
1,268 posts
7,781 battles
13 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

You can only join a div early in start of match.

If your in game and someone, not In your match joins your div they did it from port screen

In port, next to battle button is a good div sign that you can click and join anyone' div from your contact list if there is a spot open.

Are you sure?  I think you can make and join a division while a game is on as well.  I may be mistaken, but I think I ran into that issue a while back and had it pointed out.

• Cool 1

[DRACS]
Members
3,634 posts
2 hours ago, Merc85 said:

What rewards for being in a division? Is there an actual reason other than just being grouped with friends in matches? I'm genuinely curious as I have no clue why people randomly invite me to div when I don't know them.

[JUGS]
Beta Testers
1,374 posts
15,332 battles
9 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

What rewards for being in a division? Is there an actual reason other than just being grouped with friends in matches? I'm genuinely curious as I have no clue why people randomly invite me to div when I don't know them.

Occasionally one of the missions or challenges requires being in a division, that is what I was referring to.  But I agree with what you said about why you would generally play in a division.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,378 posts
21,922 battles
3 hours ago, Merc85 said:

Occasionally one of the missions or challenges requires being in a division, that is what I was referring to.  But I agree with what you said about why you would generally play in a division.

Yes.  In fact this week end there was one of those.  That's when I play in a division of me, myself, and I.  Just us.  And you can make your own division after the match has started.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,928 posts
2,724 battles
7 hours ago, Merc85 said:

How can one be a division of one?  Create a div on the Port screen and dive in without others?  Interesting.  That would have saved me :etc_swear: a couple of PTs ago.

[CAST]
Members
1,268 posts
7,781 battles
11 hours ago, iDuckman said:

How can one be a division of one?  Create a div on the Port screen and dive in without others?  Interesting.  That would have saved me :etc_swear: a couple of PTs ago.

I did all my division missions in a division of one.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,874 battles
19 hours ago, Merc85 said:

Oh, does it now? 

Well, I shall have to go try that out next time it is relevant.