You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Arizona MB range - not as reported

7 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,999 posts

If you have an AZ, would you mind, next time out, taking a look at your scope's maximum range indicated versus the stated maximum range for your ship? 

My AZ says 16.0KM max range... but in-game, the scope was only allowing something like 15.7KM... sure it isn't much but I don't recall ever seeing this before. 

tia!

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
10,046 battles
3 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

If you have an AZ, would you mind, next time out, taking a look at your scope's maximum range indicated versus the stated maximum range for your ship? 

My AZ says 16.0KM max range... but in-game, the scope was only allowing something like 15.7KM... sure it isn't much but I don't recall ever seeing this before. 

tia!

Interesting...

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,702 posts
611 battles

Is this happening in Operation Killer Whale when targeting forts, by chance? Because I noticed this with my Pensacola too. Can't hit a fort at the actual range the ship is capable of firing. It's generally about 1km less. Probably because the forts are elevated above sea level. 

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
20,981 posts
14,623 battles

TZklrek.jpg

Seems fine to me.

[SPTR]
Members
20,148 posts
6,047 battles

Might be it's reading the island reading? Either way, it's a very small room of error, so...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,445 posts
11,347 battles

All ships are like that, the max range you can elevate your guns to is a tiny bit shorter than the stated range. I wonder if dispersion is included in the official range?

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,999 posts

Well I'm open ocean nothing in the way... I don't recall it being that way in such a situation. I find it... interesting... 

:cap_old: