You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Halonut24

Funny experience with salty Scharnhorst in Co-op today.

15 comments in this topic

[WOSV]
Members
334 posts
2,267 battles

So I'm grinding my Ranger in Co-op today, and 2 battles in a row, there's this Scharnhorst driver. Didn't talk in chat. The first battle I was with him he torpedoed a friendly Minekaze for whatever reason (he turns pink at this point). The very next battle, he's dug in with a few enemy ships, including a Mogami, NOLA, and I think a BB. He's low health, he's struggling. So I ready my strike package to try and help this guy out. All of a sudden, I get a damage indicator. I'm not spotted, so I'm like "wth, who's shooting me. I check the battle messages, and the Scarnhorst is pumping 11" rounds into my backside at like 14 km. It's doing pretty much no damage, and the damage reflection mechanic kicks in, and he kills himself.

So I'm curious about this guy. Is he like brand new to this game and taking his anger out on me for not helping him sooner? What's the deal. Turns out this guy has 15k battles (60% win rate in Random) and seal clubs at Tier IV most of the time. He's part of a pretty big clan (at least from what I can tell), though I hesitate to say which one, as I'm not sure if that falls under "name and shame". If it doesn't, I'll probably share it. If it is, then I leave it be.

Just kinda stumped about the whole experience. Why does a hardened vet like this guy feel it's ok to TK in Co-op in consecutive games and not be banned all the time (makes me wonder if he was put in Co-op jail for similar offenses in Random :cap_hmm:). I feel like attention should be drawn to this, because this kind of behavior from a veteran of the game part of a pretty big clan should not go unnoticed. If he actually killed me, I'd be a lot more upset, but it's kind of funny that he hit the absolute team damage limit on me and got himself killed for it.

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
574 posts
5,231 battles

A few things. If he mainly seal clubs, that 60% winrate in randoms is not impressive. Second he can be part of a big clan, but that doesn't make him a good player, it just means he is in the clan. Lastly I would just ignore him and add him to your blacklist so that you don't get matched with him again.

• Cool 1

[WOSV]
Members
334 posts
2,267 battles
3 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

did he say anything about it?

nope. no words were spoken.

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,058 posts
4,743 battles
Just now, Halonut24 said:

nope. no words were spoken.

thats really spooky. a  silent tier4 sealclub teamkiller.

[ICBM]
Members
366 posts
5,492 battles
24 minutes ago, Panic512 said:

A few things. If he mainly seal clubs, that 60% winrate in randoms is not impressive. Second he can be part of a big clan, but that doesn't make him a good player, it just means he is in the clan. Lastly I would just ignore him and add him to your blacklist so that you don't get matched with him again.

Just as an FYI, I believe that blacklisting simply prevents him from sending you messages in port. I don't think it prevents you from being on his team again.

And my advice is ignore him. I've only had 2 players on my own team deliberately shoot me in 2 years of play. 

• Cool 1

Members
4,679 posts
6,848 battles

I have Scharn so I know the deal.  It's called Scharnhorst Derangement Syndrome.  As all who follow my posts know (it's in the millions now), I am deranged.  It's gotten worse since I got the Scharnhorst right after Xmas. It's now advanced and the docs have little hope for any improvement in my condition. Ok....time for my meds.  Carry on. 

[VOP]
Members
286 posts
7,219 battles
1 hour ago, Halonut24 said:

So I'm grinding my Ranger in Co-op today, and 2 battles in a row, there's this Scharnhorst driver. Didn't talk in chat. The first battle I was with him he torpedoed a friendly Minekaze for whatever reason (he turns pink at this point). The very next battle, he's dug in with a few enemy ships, including a Mogami, NOLA, and I think a BB. He's low health, he's struggling. So I ready my strike package to try and help this guy out. All of a sudden, I get a damage indicator. I'm not spotted, so I'm like "wth, who's shooting me. I check the battle messages, and the Scarnhorst is pumping 11" rounds into my backside at like 14 km. It's doing pretty much no damage, and the damage reflection mechanic kicks in, and he kills himself.

So I'm curious about this guy. Is he like brand new to this game and taking his anger out on me for not helping him sooner? What's the deal. Turns out this guy has 15k battles (60% win rate in Random) and seal clubs at Tier IV most of the time. He's part of a pretty big clan (at least from what I can tell), though I hesitate to say which one, as I'm not sure if that falls under "name and shame". If it doesn't, I'll probably share it. If it is, then I leave it be.

Just kinda stumped about the whole experience. Why does a hardened vet like this guy feel it's ok to TK in Co-op in consecutive games and not be banned all the time (makes me wonder if he was put in Co-op jail for similar offenses in Random :cap_hmm:). I feel like attention should be drawn to this, because this kind of behavior from a veteran of the game part of a pretty big clan should not go unnoticed. If he actually killed me, I'd be a lot more upset, but it's kind of funny that he hit the absolute team damage limit on me and got himself killed for it.

I had this happen too in a coop match.  A Missouri opened fire on our Cleveland, sank him, turned pink.  He then fired on several other green ships on the other side of the map, damaging them severely or sinking them.  Three of us were on the opposite side fighting a Bismark, Cleveland, and some other cruiser.   Soon, all that was left of our team was the pink Missouri, a DD and myself.  The reflect damage was not enough to kill him.  He hid near an island, trying to blend into the terrain and then started shooting me.  Fortunately, I was far away and bow on.  I ended up using my front turrets to help the red NC finish him while using my rear turret to finish the Bismark.  I don't understand this behavior either.  The guy was not pink to start with. 

[WPE-2]
[WPE-2]
Beta Testers
178 posts
3,882 battles
1 hour ago, Halonut24 said:

While normally id hesitate to defend such atrocious actions i feel the need to bring up the possibility of this actually being the account owners child or possibly grandchild. the ONLY reason i bring this up is i had a guy in my clan on WoT who would occasionally allow his grandson to play in his place. You could tell when this kid was on because he had a tendency to shoot at EVERYTHING that moved, friendly or otherwise. Now the owner himself was an amazing player and i had watched him secure many many top gun medals over the course of his time in my clan but sadly the childs actions were too much for many members of the clan to handle and we had to remove him to keep the peace. 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 hour ago, Panic512 said:

Black listing doesn't work like that.

When you blacklist a player you can still see them in battles,Only you don't see any communications from them.

It is a player based Chat Ban.

[SPTR]
Members
20,128 posts
5,690 battles

If he is part of a big clan, you should send a replay and screenshots to the clan leader to inform him.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,312 posts
26,020 battles
41 minutes ago, wkcw1 said:

Sounds like the player got banned from PVP and is venting in PVE games.

This.

I've experienced these types of players as well

Members
1,175 posts
3,153 battles

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's always the carrier's fault weather it is the fault of the carrier or not. The poor Scharnhorst player was obligated to TK you because his negative experience was a direct result of your actions and you are therefore fully responsible for his in-game well being. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1