Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RustyOldFart

A very small suggestion / change to clan oil and how it is collected.

4 comments in this topic

Members
3,783 posts

So I've been watching this on a regular basis opening the daily containers.  All containers opened simply get 10 oil a piece, this includes super containers.  Since seeing the fact of how rare super containers have become with the luck of the draw.  I think the oil that generates for a super container should be increased to 20.  I would also like to suggest an addition to the oil collection.  Since the campaigns have been coming out we only get the symbols patches medal images and pictures and of course the over all rewards for the campaigns.  I would like to suggest the addition of 10 oil for every item collected by players working on campaign tasks as well.  I guess you would say it would be more of an incentive for clan members to go after all of the tasks in a particular mission or campaign.  What does everybody think about this?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,208 posts

Seeing how our clan harbor is complete.............

And the oil is just sitting there accumulating and doing nothing...

But hey, whatever you want...  Please..  More Oil... 

And give me some more commander slots.  57 empty ones is not enough.  Yay!!

• Funny 1

[NWNG]
Members
2,836 posts
4,708 battles

Oil is collected, simply from obtaining a container, no need to open them. The only exception to this, is daily containers, in which only when you manually collect them do they give oil. If you let the daily container reset (thereby the game collects uncollected containers for you), you will not receive oil from those.

As for your suggestion, I do like the idea of SCs giving 20 units of oil, due to the rarity of SCs.

As for collection items: no, getting the collection items have rewards they give themselves. Example: I received multiple flags and Perm-Camo from completing the HSF Collection. Received Perm-Camo for Bismarck, for completing the Bismarck collection. I got a captain for completing the Viva La France Collection. I am getting the ability to choose a different color palette for completing sub-collections of the Yamamoto Collection, with one sub-collection providing ability to mount two flags on IJN Ships. Same with the USN Cruiser Collection, but for USN ships instead of IJN Ships. Those rewards are good enough. Then after a collection is 100% complete, any duplicates are then converted to 15,000 credits.

[WAG]
Members
806 posts
10,359 battles
1 hour ago, SuperSpud1 said:

So I've been watching this on a regular basis opening the daily containers.  All containers opened simply get 10 oil a piece, this includes super containers.  Since seeing the fact of how rare super containers have become with the luck of the draw.  I think the oil that generates for a super container should be increased to 20.  I would also like to suggest an addition to the oil collection.  Since the campaigns have been coming out we only get the symbols patches medal images and pictures and of course the over all rewards for the campaigns.  I would like to suggest the addition of 10 oil for every item collected by players working on campaign tasks as well.  I guess you would say it would be more of an incentive for clan members to go after all of the tasks in a particular mission or campaign.  What does everybody think about this?

And, nope. Isn't getting a super container a gift enough that you want an extra 10 oil for it? And if so, it makes so little a difference to be inconsequential. If I earn three containers a day, and one per month is a super container, I would get 910 oil instead of 900 in a month.

As for getting an extra oil reward for getting a patch collection item in a container? I'm happy to get it if I need it, or get the credits if I don't.

Not even sure what to do with oil. My clan's port is 100% complete, and I think we may have 100,000 already in reserve waiting for something to spend it on.

I have complaints about some game mechanics, not the amount of free stuff Wargaming is giving away. I remember playing before there were super containers. While I would always like to get better drops (did I really need another spotter plan mod?) I can remember before super containers were a thing.

Sign in to follow this