You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
khaenn35

Cane modification

8 comments in this topic

[SPTR]
Members
20,124 posts
5,670 battles

So, I've sprained my ankle again while ice skating, for about the third time in... 3 years? Yeah, that's about right. Since I'm utterly accident-prone and seem to have legs with magnets for trouble, I've sorta-inherited a cane from my Grand"aunt" (long story) in which I'm probably going to have to incorporate into my attire considering how my legs are probably going to be forever crippled by repeated idiocy. 

However, I'm young (see birthdate) and this cane is something for an oldie and utterly bland, if simple and with an okay design. As I'm actually trying to look a lot better in terms of fitness I'd like to make a few modifications in appearance and maybe even functionality, though without modifying the shape as I don't have access to the tools required.

So. Any suggestions? Stickers, paint, anything really. I dunno, 'tis a dumb idea but why the hell not. 

The cane is a single-stick with a full semicircle-curve handle, with only a single knob for support. Copperish in colour and the handle is black. 

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,566 posts
13,172 battles

Needs Imperial iconography:

2Rq79Rc.png

Or maybe something more Adeptus Mechanicus related?

CzWxMIz.jpg

Or are you more of a Chaos acolyte?

rQrn7W7.jpg

Hell, you could even go the Orks route if you favor dakka over stragedy:

c5pxphJ.jpg

[SYJ]
Members
988 posts
2,257 battles

Edited by _1204_

[SPTR]
Members
20,124 posts
5,670 battles
32 minutes ago, Lert said:

Needs Imperial iconography:

2Rq79Rc.png

Or maybe something more Adeptus Mechanicus related?

CzWxMIz.jpg

Or are you more of a Chaos acolyte?

rQrn7W7.jpg

Hell, you could even go the Orks route if you favor dakka over stragedy:

c5pxphJ.jpg

Hmm. Imperial does seem like a good idea, could get some Clone Wars Clone helmet emblems as well. If I change the knob, the Chaos emblem may go well on the bottom. 

Jeez, it's going to be a real nerdy cane.

Also, I'd use the <British> and <Cruiser> emblems if I wanted "Dakka over strategy".

(Cue the people telling me British Cruisers need tons of skill to play: they do need skill, yeah, but that skill just means positioning before smoking then left-clicking your enemy to annoyance and eventual death. Brrrrrttttt)

28 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Hey! That's me!

1,542 posts
26 battles

How about racing stripes? If nothing else they'll make you LOOK faster, or, at least, I've heard that's how they work :cap_hmm:

[IRISH]
Members
380 posts
7,298 battles

Adding racing stripes automatically adds 5 more Horse power to your cane...thats how all the stickers work I hear...

[PSP]
Members
6,649 posts
9,622 battles

A family heirloom wood cane should be left as is and only touched up occasionally with a little linseed oil. If you want something to paint in pretty colors and embellish with stickers then buy yourself an aluminum cane. Modern canes are safer to use anyway.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,821 posts
2,692 battles

Needs a tennis ball on the bottom and a blade inside.