You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chaos_EN2

My Claim of Naval Service

78 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,049 posts
1 hour ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Well thank you for your service. One of the dumbest I have done with my life was getting out of the Navy after being in for 8yrs, almost had it half way done (retirement), still kick myself in the rear for that.

When I, and a fellow medic, were getting close to getting out, the colonel came to us with an offer of OCS. I declined as I wanted to go to college. I ended up doing lots of interesting things (paramedic, field biologist, scuba diver, college professor, etc) but I stil wonder what would have happened if I stayed in. Here's what happened to my fellow medic: he retired a full colonel and now is the director of military education for a large city's school system.

Col-Pettigrew-8-x-10-240x300.jpg 

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
4,123 posts
8,680 battles
9 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Here's what happened to my fellow medic: he retired a full colonel and now is the director of military education for a large city's school system.

Yeah I know what you mean. I a friend here at the site I am security at, he joined up (Navy) about the same time as me BUT he stayed in and retired.

He and I talk about it all the time, what is even more weird we both have daughters, and they have both have as part of their name - Elizabeth.

-Members-
1,266 posts
13 battles
4 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Here's what happened to my fellow medic: he retired a full colonel and now is the director of military education for a large city's school system.

Col-Pettigrew-8-x-10-240x300.jpg 

Wow, that's awesome Snarg! Thank you all for your service!