You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_h2o

6am MM horror

18 comments in this topic

[NOBS]
Members
651 posts
6,732 battles

Tier 6, 1 DD, 2 Cruisers, 1 BB and a CV in epicenter. I didn't hang around long enough to see the 2 CV's fight it, but that might be the worst MM I've been in. 

[CAST]
Members
1,268 posts
7,781 battles

As long as both sides had the same ships, I don't see the MM issue.  If there aren't enough ships in que, you get small teams due to the max wait time of 5 min.  That isn't a MM issue.  I've been on 2 vs 2 matches before.

• Cool 1

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,925 posts
10,485 battles

The CV is what caused it. It sat in queue for more than 5 minutes, so when mm found another CV is grabbed every ship available as quick as possible and gave you the tiny game.

Beta Testers
30 posts
661 battles

Try it at 3:30 AM. I was literally in an epicenter T5 5v5 once where the reds had 2 BBs and three CLs. We had 2 BBs, 2 CLs, and me in my Okhotnik. Guess which team won....

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,968 posts
13,211 battles
46 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

Tier 6, 1 DD, 2 Cruisers, 1 BB and a CV in epicenter. I didn't hang around long enough to see the 2 CV's fight it, but that might be the worst MM I've been in. 

Oh man, why can't I get one of these when I queue up my QE?

Community Department
2,208 posts
542 battles

I had such battles for a couple of times at night on high tiers. They are rare but may occur if there are no any suitable ships in the queue. 
Once I was on Lexigton and in the end of the battle were left just both of ACs without any fighters or bombers firing each other with secondaries. And everything was in fire.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,874 battles
3 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

I had such battles for a couple of times at night on high tiers. They are rare but may occur if there are no any suitable ships in the queue. 
Once I was on Lexigton and in the end of the battle were left just both of ACs without any fighters or bombers firing each other with secondaries. And everything was in fire.

These battles would be great for the "...and finish in top three XP" requirements. How can you fall out of the top three when there are only two of you? :Smile_teethhappy:

Community Department
2,208 posts
542 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

These battles would be great for the "...and finish in top three XP" requirements. How can you fall out of the top three when there are only two of you? :Smile_teethhappy:

Actualy there were 4 of us in every team. But they has not been able to survive for long. 

[NOBS]
Members
651 posts
6,732 battles
39 minutes ago, Komrade_Rylo said:

The CV is what caused it. It sat in queue for more than 5 minutes, so when mm found another CV is grabbed every ship available as quick as possible and gave you the tiny game.

I figured it was the CV's, it was just an awful map for low numbers and CV's. And epicenter is my least favorite map, oceans would have been better, could have maybe stayed away from the planes a little longer, lol

[DERP]
Members
15 posts
4,709 battles

Not quite the same but I got a T1 match where it was just me and one other player. It was equally stressful and entertaining :)

[TBOW]
Members
1,342 posts
10,981 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_h2o said:

I have been in a 3v3 match 1 dd, 1 bb and top tier CV.  CVs were and Essex and a Taiho.  I was in an NC, don't remember what the DD was.  The enemy Taiho was better than the Essex that game, it came down to me and the Taiho, and I didn't win that battle.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,325 posts
9,621 battles

What do you expect when you are playing during the lowest population time? Back in alpha I got a 1 vs 1, my Cleveland vs a CV, talk about the irresistible force vs an immovable object, I just charged the cap and then ate his planes for lunch. 

[ARP2]
Members
1,280 posts
3,600 battles

Only been in one of these matches and our team performed perfectly.

We made a plan, stuck together and maintained our push with me (Mogami with defensive fire) taking point.  Best concealment since no DDs.  The other cruiser and I coordinated our defensive fires and the enemy CV was rendered useless.

We won, obviously.  Oddly enough, that's the one game I've played where it really felt like a fleet engagement.  2 CA, 2BB and a CV in under our AA umbrella, I'd do it again anytime.

Edited by Hatework

[WOLF1]
Members
107 posts
4,765 battles
1 hour ago, SgtSlaughter82 said:

Try it at 3:30 AM. I was literally in an epicenter T5 5v5 once where the reds had 2 BBs and three CLs. We had 2 BBs, 2 CLs, and me in my Okhotnik. Guess which team won....

Ummm, your team? You had an Okhotnik!! That ship rocks   

[NOBS]
Members
651 posts
6,732 battles
23 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

What do you expect when you are playing during the lowest population time? Back in alpha I got a 1 vs 1, my Cleveland vs a CV, talk about the irresistible force vs an immovable object, I just charged the cap and then ate his planes for lunch. 

I always play 1 battle before work,  mostly in T8 or higher, changed this up today it didn't work. Lol

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,325 posts
9,621 battles
9 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

I always play 1 battle before work,  mostly in T8 or higher, changed this up today it didn't work. Lol

The early morning MM.

646x404.jpg

• Cool 1

[RNJR]
Members
223 posts
4,369 battles
On 6/12/2018 at 6:30 AM, SgtSlaughter82 said:

why play at 330am?  no one is awake at that time o.0;;