Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

Let's take the opportunity to admire this great ship

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
425 posts
2,175 battles

1200px-USNS_Big_Horn_T-AO-198.jpg

 

I'm kind of disappointed by WG. A little.

It's almost half into the month of June. I was waiting for WG to make a gesture. Yet nothing.

For some reason WG can show appreciation for exotic cultures like the year of rooster and an Irish holiday, but not understanding of the plight of a consistently oppressed and victimized group. 

Where is their flag, WG?

 

Milk_navy_22050651_1_t837.jpeg

Edited by AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,774
[INTEL]
Members
7,160 posts
29,771 battles

No idea what he's talking about.

That is the USNS Big Horn (T-AO-198), but without context, that he didn't provide, it is just a rant without base.

The sailor looks to me like Harvey Milk, ex City Councilman of San Francisco.

Edited by alexf24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
875
[WOLF5]
Members
2,309 posts
2,949 battles

I'm lost. That looks like a replenishment ship, but can't see any link to oppressed and victimized groups. And the sailor looks like a perfectly normal white male, which is not a group generally considered to be oppressed.

I agree, it's a nice ship, but can't see why it calls for a rant.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
425 posts
2,175 battles
3 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

I'm lost. That looks like a replenishment ship, but can't see any link to oppressed and victimized groups. And the sailor looks like a perfectly normal white male, which is not a group generally considered to be oppressed.

I agree, it's a nice ship, but can't see why it calls for a rant.

Someone is, as what you might've called "salty".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26
[PRU]
Members
117 posts
4,430 battles

Aki is being anti-PC (which I'm OK with), but not being the least bit humorous. 

USNS Big Horn refers to the battle in which George Custer and the Seventh US Cavalry was destroyed by the Lakota and other Plains Indians. 

Harvey Milk (if that is indeed his photo) was the first openly gay politician elected in California, murdered not for his orientation, but by a disgruntled political rival. 

Edited by jdlobo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,097
[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,936 posts
10,903 battles

What gesture from WG are you waiting for? We get wocester in like a week and in a few months hopefully a CV rework. Why are you complaining?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
875
[WOLF5]
Members
2,309 posts
2,949 battles
15 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Someone is, as what you might've called "salty".

Yup, it'd be the guy who started off with an uncalled for rant.

 

15 minutes ago, jdlobo said:

Aki is being anti-PC (which I'm OK with), but not being the least bit humorous. 

USNS Big Horn refers to the battle in which George Custer and the Seventh US Cavalry was destroyed by the Lakota and other Plains Indians. 

Harvey Milk (if that is indeed his photo) was the first openly gay politician elected in California, murdered not for his orientation, but by a disgruntled political rival. 

Ah, didn't make the connection with the battle. 

Um, the Indians aren't exactly know for their naval power (though to be fair, Ernest Evans, skipper of the USS Johnson of Leyte Gulf fame, was I believe part Cherokee). Also, why would a Russian company know anything about the Indian problems in the US. It's a small issue most Americans probably don't know about (unless you're a Indians or Redskins fan). Not sure why it would be relevant in a naval game.

As for the gay guy. Um, you do know the official Russian policy on homosexuals isn't exactly that of the US, right? It's probably safe to say that WG isn't going to be honoring homosexual people anytime soon.

Also, this thread is headed into dangerous political ground. I'm out before the mods come looking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,001
[ARGSY]
Members
11,942 posts
7,585 battles
17 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

Did you want to take the Red Oak into battle or something? 

Resupply and repair! Switch torpedo types in the midst of battles! Mount new flags! 

Course she's slower than a Langley and has no guns bigger than 40mm single Bofors, and given her cargo, if she gets hit by even Tachibana HE, everything in a 6km radius gets annihilated. So there would be that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,315
[POP]
Beta Testers
4,113 posts
5,915 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Resupply and repair! Switch torpedo types in the midst of battles! Mount new flags! 

Course she's slower than a Langley and has no guns bigger than 40mm single Bofors, and given her cargo, if she gets hit by even Tachibana HE, everything in a 6km radius gets annihilated. So there would be that...

a support class that can't defend itself unless she have escorts,a dangerous task but one of that played right can change the outcome of battle.

interesting but the biggest flaw is her lack of real self defense and horrible speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,001
[ARGSY]
Members
11,942 posts
7,585 battles
40 minutes ago, jdlobo said:

murdered not for his orientation, but by a disgruntled political rival.

I heard it was worse than that - that he was collateral damage and it was just his bad luck to be there at the time when the real target was murdered.

20 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

It's probably safe to say that WG isn't going to be honoring homosexual people anytime soon.

Yeah. Seriously, though, on what ship would you put a rainbow pride camouflage? And if you made it glow the way the ARP camo does, it would annoy a hell of a lot of people.

Hmm, that's an idea... :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,407
[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,340 posts
7,588 battles

Fleet,

I want to thank the OP for their ship suggestion as well recognizing an honorable naval officer, LTJG Harvey Milk.

However, the direction of the thread went off topic and became a political debate and was no longer constructive.

Please remember to keep all posts constructive, civil and respectful.

#anchorsaweigh

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×