You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IvanPonomarev

I Have Finally Relented on the CV Line

10 comments in this topic

[TNG]
Members
346 posts
10,128 battles

So I have been looking at the Halsey mission tasks and unfortunately for me I see that for some of them they require CVs at T9-T10. I just unlocked the Lexington and will have to grind up to the Midway. Wargaming finally got me, the last two ship lines I have not finished yet. I can already feel the cancer spread through my body. I am a decent player in past CVs but I can already feel the anger in chat. Good luck to all who gets me on the team.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Ok the real reason your Doing the CV Grind please.

It can't be you like the Team heat { Can be cancerous}

It can't be they are finally "Fixed" {You know something before the rest of us?}

Just Kidding with you...... Good Luck in your grind for the Fine Captain and the Russian Nerfed USN CV's

Members
475 posts
5,767 battles
30 minutes ago, IvanPonomarev said:

So I have been looking at the Halsey mission tasks and unfortunately for me I see that for some of them they require CVs at T9-T10. I just unlocked the Lexington and will have to grind up to the Midway. Wargaming finally got me, the last two ship lines I have not finished yet. I can already feel the cancer spread through my body. I am a decent player in past CVs but I can already feel the anger in chat. Good luck to all who gets me on the team.

Disable the chat, problem solved. In fact typing in chat to request support from the carrier is useless anyway. If the cv player knows what he is doing it will send the planes to the caps  , protect his dds and try to kill the enemy dds first, if he doesn't know what to do it is stupid from me to expect him to learn what to do just by reading the chat. In the end doesn't make any difference. Just disabled.

[TBW]
Members
6,607 posts
12,463 battles
32 minutes ago, IvanPonomarev said:

I can already feel the cancer spread through my body. I am a decent player in past CVs but I can already feel the anger in chat. Good luck to all who gets me on the team.

You don't have to do them unless you want to complete all of the missions. You can just repeat the easy ones and get the stars again but not the prize. Those campaigns are there forever, so when they change the CVs you can finish of all of the objectives. You can get Halsey, with out finishing all of the missions is what I am saying.

[HARU]
Beta Testers
67 posts
4,887 battles

You don't HAVE to use a particular class to accomplish any campaign. Each section of missions has several options, several of which do not have requirements other than tier. You can choose to do each mission more than once to gain the star(you just don't get the reward).

[STW-M]
Members
2,346 posts
6,240 battles

Just make sure that you learn all the basic controls of CVs like strafing and manual attacks before you move up the tiers.

In addition, I'd highly recommend Farazelleth or Femennenly as some of the leading CV players; they have youtube videos regarding the various aspects of CV gameplay that I think are pretty good (even though I developed my own playstyle long before I watched any of their videos).

[PVE]
Members
2,008 posts
18,485 battles
2 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You don't have to do them unless you want to complete all of the missions. You can just repeat the easy ones and get the stars again but not the prize. Those campaigns are there forever, so when they change the CVs you can finish of all of the objectives. You can get Halsey, with out finishing all of the missions is what I am saying.

2 hours ago, Highblooded said:

You don't HAVE to use a particular class to accomplish any campaign. Each section of missions has several options, several of which do not have requirements other than tier. You can choose to do each mission more than once to gain the star(you just don't get the reward).

Think you guys missed this point (understandably as it was introed in the middle of a comment on the Halsey Campaign):

3 hours ago, IvanPonomarev said:

the last two ship lines I have not finished yet.

He's done w/the rest of the tree...nothing else to grind...although it might help to get Halsey w/other ships 1st to use him on the CV grind...in fact he might already have him & is just going for the achievement of finishing all tasks...but that would make him super unicum if he has Halsey already.

Members
49 posts
3,561 battles

I don't get why they are so many missions restricted to US cruisers or US ships when they Yamamoto one had none for the IJN. All missions were available to any nations. It's a real pain for people who don't have these ships. I will have to farm a bazillion exp and cash to go through the last step of the campaign since I can only do two missions...

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
344 posts
7,366 battles

CV are the worst class to grind! I did it and not doing it again until the rework. You have to ignore chat most of the time.  Alot of complaint i see are why did you let the other cv sink me(its always easier to blame some else). our CV useless even thought we win the game. 

#1. you cant be ever were at once.

#2. RNG is the worst in cv. it can really troll you some game

#3. animation lag/ sever side lag can screw over your strafes

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,545 posts
3,645 battles

Yeah I'll admit that, even though I prefer cruisers and have both Cleveland and Baltimore at my disposal, this is giving me reason to revisit my Independence.  I've actually been doing quite well in my Hiryu lately and hopefully I'll have my Shokaku soon, until then it's time to see how the other half lives. Let's see if I've got what it takes to get Lady Lex.