Sventex

How does this forum strike system even work?

12 comments in this topic

[REVY]
Members
6,154 posts
5,161 battles

Under Our New Policy
Players will receive one warning, and each offense afterward will count as a “strike” against the account.
Each strike comes with a restriction and restrictions increase with each strike.
Strikes do not "roll off."
Once you have reached five (5) strikes, your account can be permanently restricted.

So how I read the rules is that you get 5 strikes and your banned.  Not that I'm asking to be permanently banned but...

I have 3 irrovokable strikes on my account, but the counter rests at 1 strike.  What does that even mean?  I also have 5 warnings but the warning counter is at zero.  Am I a heartbeat away from being tossed out of the forum here?

Edited by Sventex

[TBW]
Members
7,883 posts
14,400 battles

I don't know, I only have two warnings, for trying to be funny. I'm sure the mods laughed but I suppose I deserved both of them. Gotta be PC at all times these days.

Members
1,944 posts
2,492 battles

Compared to the "new" old one, all they did was gives us two more strikes? huh...

I want the old 10 point system back, or the even older 100 point system.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,743 posts
16,129 battles
2 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Where can you find your strikes and warnings? 

In your profile, under your avatar in the section called community reputation.

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,044 posts

I wonder if he just pitched another strike by even asking the question? It's a very sensitive subject not normally allowed in forum threads. :cap_tea:

[O_O]
Members
5,245 posts
12,034 battles
6 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I don't know, I only have two warnings, for trying to be funny. I'm sure the mods laughed but I suppose I deserved both of them. Gotta be PC at all times these days.

You can poke fun and post sarcasm...sometimes.  But if you poke fun and post sarcasm about the wrong topic and offend a moderator...you get struck.

I got a warning a long time ago...probably deserved it.  It was a political topic, if I remember, and I know that is dangerous ground.  My strike and one day ban I got pretty recently...I don't know...my comments were about a game feature and not directed at any person, and I thought were accurate and not overly inflammatory.  But, a moderator didn't like it, so I got a strike that it seems will be permanent.

Especially since it was recent, I feel I am now overly cautious about trying to be funny or witty.  Nearly all humor can offend someone, because everything offends someone.  Even posting in this topic has me nervous.  You aren't supposed to talk openly about your sanctions.  I think I am being vague enough by not mentioning when, what mod, what topic, what comment...but as I said, I'm a bit paranoid, now.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,555 posts
4,220 battles

It might be a good idea to contact a moderator or WG Support to confirm.

[TBW]
Members
7,883 posts
14,400 battles
3 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Especially since it was recent, I feel I am now overly cautious about trying to be funny or witty.  Nearly all humor can offend someone, because everything offends someone.  Even posting in this topic has me nervous.  You aren't supposed to talk openly about your sanctions.  I think I am being vague enough by not mentioning when, what mod, what topic, what comment...but as I said, I'm a bit paranoid, now.

I know what you mean and it's not just here. I don't know how Comedians make it these days. You have to be Black to make a black joke or Hispanic to make to make a Hispanic joke. My humor is now limited, being Caucasian, I only know one white joke. 

What's white and 12 inches?

Nothing.

There it is, my only white joke, I guess I can only joke about myself now any more. It's getting to the point that if I do, I might offend myself, start a twitter account and shame me.

For gods sake though, don't make a joke or comment about WG.

[REVY]
Members
6,154 posts
5,161 battles
4 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I wonder if he just pitched another strike by even asking the question? It's a very sensitive subject not normally allowed in forum threads. :cap_tea:

Fine, but would that mean I’m 1 strike away from a perma-ban?  Or 3?  I feel that clarifyication on the strike system is important.  Is the strike counter what I should be looking at?   Or the “see all” log history?

Community Department
2,786 posts
810 battles
11 hours ago, Sventex said:

Under Our New Policy
Players will receive one warning, and each offense afterward will count as a “strike” against the account.
Each strike comes with a restriction and restrictions increase with each strike.
Strikes do not "roll off."
Once you have reached five (5) strikes, your account can be permanently restricted.

So how I read the rules is that you get 5 strikes and your banned.  Not that I'm asking to be permanently banned but...

I have 3 irrovokable strikes on my account, but the counter rests at 1 strike.  What does that even mean?  I also have 5 warnings but the warning counter is at zero.  Am I a heartbeat away from being tossed out of the forum here?

If you have 3 strikes than the next would be 30 days length. And after that might be the last permanent. 
Suppose it won't be needed) Warnings mean you need to pay attention not to cross the line. 

Locking the topic. If you have questions you may ask them via PM. 

• Cool 1