You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

Blind fire

23 comments in this topic

Members
4,539 posts
7,377 battles

Blind fire can work - if they know roughly where you are before you went undetected.  Sometimes I will take shots into smoke and get lucky - usually based on where the person had been.

Blind fire does not mean aimbot.

[OO7]
Members
4,744 posts
11,476 battles
6 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

I thought aim bots only worked on detected targetsd. Is there one that works on undetected targets?

So do you want to enlighten us on the circumstances? 

[OO7]
Members
4,744 posts
11,476 battles

If your direction changing was predictable and repeated in the same order, it's easy enough to send shells roughly where they need to be. 

[LUCK]
Members
1,696 posts
23,685 battles
6 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

I was radared and then I wasn't. I kept changing directions and their aim changed every time until I was out of range.

Good old, fun and engaging RNG sometimes. I killed a destroyer for the win in a close one the other day. It was a hail Mary salvo with time running down. I bet he was pissed.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,702 posts
611 battles

I've killed a DD I didn't have spotted beside a battleship I did have spotted, aiming for the battleship. The shots fell near the battleship's waterline and blapped the DD. I had no idea it was there. 

[STW-M]
Members
3,168 posts
7,659 battles

You're not 100% invisible if you're firing from smoke. People can see your tracers and fire based on where they see them. I personally use spotter planes when I see a smoke cruiser to try and snipe them.

If there are enough people targeting you, it's more than possible that some of salvos aimed at where you were ended up at where you moved to. Sometimes, if I've radared a DD but didn't manage to kill it before it disappeared again, my teammates have already shot at the DD and killed it after it vanished.

[EGO]
Members
3,653 posts
11 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

If your direction changing was predictable and repeated in the same order, it's easy enough to send shells roughly where they need to be. 

Not from a US DD at long range vs a Shimakaze.

[OO7]
Members
4,744 posts
11,476 battles
18 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Not from a US DD at long range vs a Shimakaze.

That to me is extreme proof that he wasn't using an aimbot. The aimbot would be so far out after the smallest of navigation changes with USN 5" shells, it would be impossible to use an aimbot for any success at range.......

He got lucky. 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[EGO]
Members
3,653 posts
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

That to me is extreme proof that he wasn't using an aimbot. The aimbot would be so far out after the smallest of navigation changes with USN 5" shells, it would be impossible to use an aimbot for any success at range.......

He got lucky. 

I'm not trying to prove anything, I was under the impression aimbots only work versus detected targets and I want to know if there is one that works versus undetected targets..
It wasn't that successful, you're not going to do much damage with a US DD at range vs a Shimakaze. The issue is I was making very large changes in direction and he was able to tell which direction and how much every single time.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

I'm not trying to prove anything, I was under the impression aimbots only work versus detected targets and I want to know if there is one that works versus undetected targets..
It wasn't that successful, you're not going to do much damage with a US DD at range vs a Shimakaze. The issue is I was making very large changes in direction and he was able to tell which direction and how much every single time.

oo97eWs.gif

[OO7]
Members
4,744 posts
11,476 battles
1 minute ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Not that I am aware of. I have done some looking in the past out of curiosity, and have never seen one advertised for unspotted targets. I can just about guarantee you that WG is probably the best customer for aimbots and reverse engineering them to detect them. Since detection is done server side, It would be pretty much impossible to make one and easily detectable if someone did make one.

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,807 posts
9,813 battles

you said it USN DD with a high rate of fire can just keep firing and moving he aim around trying to find you I do it all the time into smoke with something with a good right of fire like a CL or DD. like others have said if you fired your guns your give your position away.

Members
2,107 posts
509 battles
42 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

you keep saying AIMBOTS.... you are not using the correct word.... and yes.. you  can be shot when undetected by a skilled player....AIMBOTS are CLIENTSIDE game hacks and they do NOT work here...

I just killed a Shima with my FLetcher and he was , for the most part, undetected for 75% of my hits...including the deathblow

Edited by neptunes_wrath

[NFW]
Members
49 posts
1,061 battles

Predictive fire works.... Lost sight of a cruiser as it went around an island with just a sliver of heath... Thought to myself, self, why the hell not.... Shot a volley over where I thought he would be. BOOOM dead cruiser and a nasty gram in chat.

[PIRAT]
Members
81 posts
3,129 battles
1 hour ago, Ducky_shot said:

I've gotten as many hits on targets that disappeared off my screen by just remembering what the person did when he was in sight.  With a fast firing ship, you can easily saturate the possible areas for where they could be.  Ticked off a lot of dd drivers by doing that when they were pulling their "poof" I'm visible and "poof" I'm not when they're at range.  In open water it's harder to do, if they're heading into islands or landmass, their options become more limited and easier to predict.

[EGO]
Members
3,653 posts
1 hour ago, Ducky_shot said:

Not that I am aware of. I have done some looking in the past out of curiosity, and have never seen one advertised for unspotted targets. I can just about guarantee you that WG is probably the best customer for aimbots and reverse engineering them to detect them. Since detection is done server side, It would be pretty much impossible to make one and easily detectable if someone did make one.

Apparently WG only checks every once in a while and when they do they catch a truck load of people. So maybe not undetectable but that doesn't appear to be a problem.

[_-_]
Members
2,094 posts

I find a blind-fired 12-tube Clemson torp barrage into a smoke cloud in a narrow channel to be both spiritually enlightening and part of a balanced breakfast. :cap_like:

• Funny 1

[RUST]
Beta Testers
994 posts
11,188 battles

Unless there's replay proof that it's an aim bot, you were just predictable cross with USN 5" spam around where he expected you are.  It's not hard to predict where someone is going for a few seconds after they go undetected, and the prediction can be prolong if they score random hits and follow where the shells impacted.  

[TNG-3]
Members
523 posts
7,607 battles

There are many ways to fire on invisible ships.  If we could see a replay, we could tell you how.

In one case, I kept firing on a ship in smoke for a good 30 seconds after it disappeared.  Since the guy wasn't moving, my shells were exploding on him, and I just kept firing at the spot where the shells kept exploding.  Things like that.  If shell were hitting you, then people could have been watching the explosions and firing based on where they saw shells explode.  If there was an obvious place for you to go (like an island nearby) they might have even fired shells in between the spot where shells exploded and the obvious cover.

In ships like DDs, and especially US DDs, there is little reason to not do that.  Your rate of fire is so high, what does it matter if you take a guess and fire at the location?  If you miss, you give up what, 2.6 seconds about?