AlmiranteTarsis

Become a tester

15 comments in this topic

Supertester
7 posts

Hello, i have a question, only youtubers can have acess to ships that isnt avaiable to public like worcester?? Or i can have acess too?? And what is need if i am a youtuber to have acess to it?

Edited by AlmiranteTarsis

[HINON]
Supertester
19,568 posts
13,172 battles

It's nowhere near that simple.

To get access to test ships you need to be either a Community Contributor, Wiki Editor or a Supertester.

Community Contributors: Have proven themselves valuable members of the community by writing guides, making high quality youtubes about the game, things like that. You have to be a proven reliable and quality contributor to the community to be inducted. You don't just get in because you want to drive shiny new botes.

Wiki Editors: The name says it all. These are the people who maintain the wiki. They're also well known and proven reliable individuals on the forums.

Supertesters: Are volunteers who dedicate a significant amount of time to testing new maps, features, game modes, and - yes - ships. It's a lot of work, and driving shiny new botes on the live server is perhaps about 15% of what we do. It's very hard to get into the ST program, it's basically only by invite and those invite rounds are very rare - maybe once a year, if that, and we had one recently. You have to be a proven good communicator and have a proven solid understanding of at least game mechanics, so you can give proper feedback about the things you test.

So, no, there's no way to get to test drive shiny new botes without first proving and establishing yourself.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,895 posts
15,672 battles

You could always get a start by making and posting helpful videos on you tube and hope WoW notices and likes your work and asks you to become a Community Contributor. 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,568 posts
13,172 battles
51 minutes ago, AlmiranteTarsis said:

Only one more question, to become a Wiki Editor, i need to be invited like supertesters?

There are recruitment drives every now and then. However, this thread strongly suggests that you just want to get your hands on test botes and don't really care about the other work, which seriously hurts your chances.

• Funny 1

[SYJ]
Members
988 posts
2,257 battles
14 minutes ago, Lert said:

There are recruitment drives every now and then. However, this thread strongly suggests that you just want to get your hands on test botes and don't really care about the other work, which seriously hurts your chances.

So you gotta be recruited to edit the wows wiki? I remember I did a page or two on the wot blitz wiki.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,568 posts
13,172 battles
7 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

So you gotta be recruited to edit the wows wiki?

Last time there was a recruitment drive people were asked to apply.

Supertester
7 posts
52 minutes ago, Lert said:

Yes, I want to play test ships but i don’t want only to it. I play WOWS since 2016 and it improved a lot and I would like to participate of improvements if i can, i know that it takes a lot of time and dedication and I can handle it... How can I apply? 

Thanks!

Edited by AlmiranteTarsis

[TBW]
Members
6,592 posts
12,435 battles
3 hours ago, AlmiranteTarsis said:

Hello, i have a question, only youtubers can have acess to ships that isnt avaiable to public like worcester?? Or i can have acess too?? And what is need if i am a youtuber to have acess to it?

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/contributors-list/

Members
1 post
14 battles
On 6/11/2018 at 5:08 PM, Lert said:

It's nowhere near that simple.

To get access to test ships you need to be either a Community Contributor, Wiki Editor or a Supertester.

Community Contributors: Have proven themselves valuable members of the community by writing guides, making high quality youtubes about the game, things like that. You have to be a proven reliable and quality contributor to the community to be inducted. You don't just get in because you want to drive shiny new botes.

Wiki Editors: The name says it all. These are the people who maintain the wiki. They're also well known and proven reliable individuals on the forums.

Supertesters: Are volunteers who dedicate a significant amount of time to testing new maps, features, game modes, and - yes - ships. It's a lot of work, and driving shiny new botes on the live server is perhaps about 15% of what we do. It's very hard to get into the ST program, it's basically only by invite and those invite rounds are very rare - maybe once a year, if that, and we had one recently. You have to be a proven good communicator and have a proven solid understanding of at least game mechanics, so you can give proper feedback about the things you test.

So, no, there's no way to get to test drive shiny new botes without first proving and establishing yourself.

I recently received an email on my account associated with my world of warships stating that i was credited with ships for the purpose of supertesting. Now I've never been a tester of any kind so I don't quite know how it works. I logged into the account and there are none of the ships in my port. I'm wondering if the email was a fake or something, but the email in use does not get used for anything other than my world of warships account. I assume that all testing would be done on the live server or am I wrong. I do have extensive experience in game but not on the account that was "chosen".

[HINON]
Supertester
19,568 posts
13,172 battles
2 hours ago, Gettinjiggywithit said:

I recently received an email on my account associated with my world of warships stating that i was credited with ships for the purpose of supertesting. Now I've never been a tester of any kind so I don't quite know how it works. I logged into the account and there are none of the ships in my port. I'm wondering if the email was a fake or something, but the email in use does not get used for anything other than my world of warships account. I assume that all testing would be done on the live server or am I wrong. I do have extensive experience in game but not on the account that was "chosen".

If you are one of the new batch of supertesters you should also have been given instructions and an invite to the ST discord. Ask your questions there, you'll get all the a nswers.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,150 posts
4,400 battles
2 hours ago, Gettinjiggywithit said:

it sound like a error email have been sent out. You not the only one that have gotten this email

Members
4 posts
2,186 battles

i got an email like this too a few hours ago and if it is in fact fake or a mistake of some sort its really demoralizing, because ive wanted to be a super tester for a long time, i love testing things and helping make improvements or important changes, its the whole reason i went to school for Video Game Design, and getting an email saying that ive been included in supertests and have the test ships added to my account only to have it be incorrect or a mistake is highly disheartening

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,150 posts
4,400 battles
8 hours ago, xPredatorGodx said:

i got an email like this too a few hours ago and if it is in fact fake or a mistake of some sort its really demoralizing, because ive wanted to be a super tester for a long time, i love testing things and helping make improvements or important changes, its the whole reason i went to school for Video Game Design, and getting an email saying that ive been included in supertests and have the test ships added to my account only to have it be incorrect or a mistake is highly disheartening

well keep trying, don't give up. Keep a eye on the forum everyday to see if there is any supertest opening. they just recently finished doing one last week