You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belthorian

A Question for my Forums Brothers and Sisters

55 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles

In randoms if you see a fellow forums member on the other team, does it change your play style, do you go head hunting?  

For me I love running into Forums members and I do go head hunting because it is almost like I am playing someone I know so I want to shoot at them just to have fun and to tease one another in a lighthearted manner.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
307 posts
1,695 battles

I usually say something in chat if I recognize someone from the forums.  Mostly I do not headhunt unless I happen across them during the course of the battle.

[SALVO]
Members
21,032 posts
21,114 battles

@Belthorian  No, I don't go head hunting for fellow forumites.  I will semi head-hunt players I know to be great in part because I know them from the forum. (And even then, I don't go out of my way to go chasing good players.  What I often do is point out to my team that so-and-so is a great player and that sinking him ASAP would be a good thing.  But I don't head hunt them as such.)  But I don't go head hunting your average forumite players.  If I remember the name of a fellow forumite, I often "o7" them at the start of a battle, but that's about it.

[STW]
Members
696 posts
4,983 battles

Forum users specifically, no, I don't normally look at the list of names.  I typically pay attention (in order) to clan tag, shiptype, and depending on the clan tag then I'll pay attention to who the player is.  And no, I don't go headhunting unless they're a good target at an opportune time.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,981 posts
14,623 battles

There are some people I will hunt down with extreme prejudice. Not just any forumite though, they have to be friends. It's always fun to murder friends in horrific ways.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I probably should. Names I recognize from the forums tend to end the battle at or near the top of their team list.

Members
2,709 posts
16,401 battles

I have a set game plan for most maps. Altering it for one player doesn't usually end well for me.

• Cool 2

[NGAGE]
Members
1,396 posts
8,058 battles

It's all about the win. 

Target Selection = ((Destroyers (or AA ship of it's a CV match)>=Broadside Target)>=(Low HP Target>=Broadside Target)>=(Cruisers<=Broadside Target)>=(Battleship<=Broadside Target))

I can't think of a scenario where seeing a specific player would change that for me.

• Cool 1

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,021 posts
11,063 battles

Doesn't change how I play beyond saying hi, and if the opportunity arises, torping/shooting them on the other team. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,239 posts
11,685 battles
24 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

In randoms if you see a fellow forums member on the other team, does it change your play style, do you go head hunting?  

For me I love running into Forums members and I do go head hunting because it is almost like I am playing someone I know so I want to shoot at them just to have fun and to tease one another in a lighthearted manner.

Not normally. If it someone who is very good then I do keep track of them and try to counter play.

[WORX]
Members
4,229 posts
15,313 battles

Must of the time, with so many non forum attendees in the match I rarely see anyone in the forums. FOr example I think I was noticed from the forums, one time in a match so far. I think the head hunting theory is when you have a heated conversation in the forums with say @Lert (just an example it will never happen Lert love ya you black cat you) and then you find him in game. I will say something like  "hey lert my fav black cat of mine" in chat. Then its on its on like donkey kong let the best  cpt win. Must of the time when I was spotted in game we just play the match.

[SYN]
Members
5,096 posts
12,287 battles
25 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

No.  Doesn't change my approach.

I may say "hi" and send them an upvote, but I still play how I play.

Members
4,729 posts
8,233 battles

I kill anyone who gets in my way in a match. You get in my way...I'll kill you.  You mess with my stuff...I'll kill you. I don't like anyone touching me.  You touch me....I'll kill you. Etc. 

Edited by dmckay
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[5IN]
Supertester
1,997 posts
9,387 battles

No.  If I see someone I "know", I'll usually say hello.  I won't go out of my way to try and sink you, but if you are a viable target, then its game on.  I expect no less from a fellow forumite.  

:Smile_honoring:

B

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
1 minute ago, dmckay said:

I kill anyone who gets in my way in a match. You get in my way...I'll kill you.  You mess with my stuff...I'll kill you. I don't like anyone touching me.  You touch me....I'll kill you. Etc. 

lol Awesome Stripes reference.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
17 minutes ago, Lert said:

There are some people I will hunt down with extreme prejudice. Not just any forumite though, they have to be friends. It's always fun to murder friends in horrific ways.

lol so hopefully I can run into you in a game, I enjoy your posts a lot and would love to trade steel with you brother.

[INTEL]
Members
7,160 posts
29,782 battles

I say hello.

Hunt? Not specifically. I hunt whomever is in the targeting system. No difference what the name is.

Edited by alexf24

[SALVO]
Members
21,032 posts
21,114 battles
21 minutes ago, Lert said:

Horrific ways?  Like scratching their eyes out, oh great and powerful black kitty?

Meow!  :Smile_teethhappy:

[HINON]
Supertester
20,981 posts
14,623 battles
4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Horrific ways?

Censored to protect sensitive little souls

Spoiler

I'm not joking

Spoiler

You've been warned

Spoiler

9lR68lU.jpg

Meow.

• Funny 1

[GRIT]
Members
3,254 posts
9,794 battles

It's cool to see folks from the forums in matches, regardless of their "balance politics," as at least I know they're fellow fans of the game. But I never try to headhunt, preferring instead to focus on doing whatever it takes to win the match.

But funny story:

In a match with a WoWCST player who was rolling down the left flank in a Stalingrad. Course, I got radared by him and turned and fled, wondering what the radar range was of this silly rail-gun firing ship. (I was detected til 11.9, tho people claim it's 11.5 range) Managed to dodge his rail guns and make it out of radar range in one piece.

We then had a good discussion about Stalingrad radar range, although obvoiusly the WoWCST person couldn't comment. But general consensus from the peanut gallery was that it had Moskva's radar.

Anyway, I found myself thinking what a stupid ridiculous OP ship that Stalingrad was. Unfortunately, I have this gene that urges me to attack that which scares me the most. So against my better judgment I thought, "What a bunch of [edited]. Is it even possible for me to kill this thing?"

And instead of doing what I should have been doing, I looped back towards the Stalingrad, waited for the right moment, then dumped all my torps in a pattern I hoped would catch an experienced player and WoWCSTer that was playing an OP dominant ship. And BOOM...dumpstered him.

I'll admit, it was satisfying. And at least I now know it's possible to torp a Stalingrad with an experienced (if overconfident) player at the helm.

But the morale of the story is the downside. We lost the match, likely because I was trophy hunting the Stalingrad instead of playing to win.

[BNKR]
Members
474 posts
3,043 battles

I'm too new to recognize anyone or be recognized in return. Probably a good thing...?

I have seen a forumer in a Scenario once. He was ... less than pleasant after ramming me and acting as if it was my fault. Not surprisingly, I had already put him on my ignore list here in, like, my first week on the forums. Seems I made the right choice on that one. :Smile_teethhappy:

[13TH]
Members
4,869 posts
8,270 battles
42 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Yep me to ....see another Clan member on opposite team ... fights on if I get the chance :Smile_playing:

[TBW]
Members
7,714 posts
14,140 battles

If I notice them I will say hey. More often some one will say something to me. Some times I didn't even know until I get a notice from this thread.

I don't hunt a particular person. It wouldn't really make much sense, you should play your role for the team. Even when there was a Corgi event I didn't go out of my way to hunt them per se. I did get a Corgi flag though.

If I notice some one I will post to the Who Have You Seen In Game thread though.

It's rare that I see anyone I know though.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
1 minute ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Yep me to ....see another Clan member on opposite team ... fights on if I get the chance :Smile_playing:

lol Yep, if I see some friends on the other team, I could care less if my team wins or loses...as long as I get to pummel them I am happy lol. I sync dropped with some friends the other night, I was in my Atlanta and they were on the other team. We were contesting a cap, a friendly DD smoked so I was able to creep in undetected. They killed the DD and sent the New Orleans that was with us fleeing. I could hear them in teamspeak saying the coast was clear the New Orleans was running. Trying to control my laughter was really hard at this point. I waited about ten seconds and popped radar, I deleted a DD and sunk a cruiser while kiting away from two cruisers and two battleships before they got me. Listening to them panic when I hit my radar was hilarious.

• Funny 1