You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BrushWolf

Something I Noticed on the PT

11 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,883 posts
11,620 battles

While clearing the on purpose pink orange I have there I noticed that the bots don't seem to go for rams now. I charged three bots and didn't change course and they all set their courses to avoid me. I found that to be a nice tweak to their AI.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,602 posts
33,867 battles
16 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

While clearing the on purpose pink orange I have there I noticed that the bots don't seem to go for rams now. I charged three bots and didn't change course and they all set their courses to avoid me. I found that to be a nice tweak to their AI.

That would be a good change.

But given WG's track history, I'll believe it when I see it on Live.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,185 posts
22,270 battles

Something I have seen in T1 co op at the PTS. The number of ships sunk by ramming went down. Some ships even start moving backwards when there was the danger of ramíng the enemy.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,205 posts

I've had a lot of bots pull miraculous avoidances of my intentional rams.

One case, my ship slowed to a crawl to let the bot pass by.  It even stopped firing at me afterwards..  That was very odd.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,250 posts
16,589 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

the bots don't seem to go for rams now.

That IS good news; the damn bots were almost suicidal at one point. Now if we could just get them to be responsible for their torps ...

[POP]
Members
965 posts
11,667 battles
1 hour ago, AVR_Project said:

One case, my ship slowed to a crawl to let the bot pass by.  It even stopped firing at me afterwards..  That was very odd.

Did it happen to be the HMCS Haida?

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
20,883 posts
11,620 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

That IS good news; the damn bots were almost suicidal at one point. Now if we could just get them to be responsible for their torps ...

And their guns. I cleared my intentional orange status on the PT today in Tier 1 and it was the odd match that didn't have a pink bot by the end.

[_-_]
Members
2,148 posts
3 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

Looks to me like this is one part of a general "self-preservation" tweak to the bots. Kinda goes along with their new Superamazingmagic torp evasion.

[GWG]
[GWG]
20,883 posts
11,620 battles
8 minutes ago, TF77 said:

Looks to me like this is one part of a general "self-preservation" tweak to the bots. Kinda goes along with their new Superamazingmagic torp evasion.

Nothing new about the bots torpedo beating like they are Fred Astaire. They start evading as soon as you lock them as a target unless another ship already has them targeted.

[_-_]
Members
2,148 posts
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Nothing new about the bots torpedo beating like they are Fred Astaire. They start evading as soon as you lock them as a target unless another ship already has them targeted.

I never use the lock/guide feature for that reason. The X key is my friend.

Starting to evade early is understandable because obviously the server instantly knows what and where you fired, but I've seen a bot Fuso turn on a dime like a frikkin Anshan with it's hair on fire. Magic bot rudder shift and turn radius is a thing.