You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Neighbor_Kid

Is it worth it? The jump up...

Is the jump really worth it?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Jump from 1080p to 4k really worth it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not yet, game engine doesn't offer much graphical improvement.

5 comments in this topic

[NGAGE]
Beta Testers
455 posts
9,736 battles

Community opinion...  Do you guys really think it's worth it to go from 1080P to 4k? The old game engine makes me feel it may not be worth it yet. Thoughts?  Of course I play many other games, but this is my main game. 

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
485 posts
6,586 battles

The game does look better at 4k than 1080p, however, the UI doesn't scale to 4k.  At 4K, your icons will be smaller, all text will be smaller, and you will have to relearn aiming if you don't use the dynamic crosshairs.

[WOLF2]
Members
250 posts
5,398 battles

For this game, I would say its not particularly worth it.  I have a 4k monitor but I play WoWs in 1440 because of the UI scaling issues.  There are other games that are fantastic in 4k though.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,892 posts
11,620 battles
10 minutes ago, real_icebeast said:

For this game, I would say its not particularly worth it.  I have a 4k monitor but I play WoWs in 1440 because of the UI scaling issues.  There are other games that are fantastic in 4k though.

This, if you play other games and use software that support 4K it is probably worth it. Just use your current monitor for what doesn't support 4K, any GPU that can support 4K at reasonable FPS will easily drive a second monitor.

[NGAGE]
Beta Testers
455 posts
9,736 battles

I Figured it wouldn't be worth it so much for this game yet. I'd imagine if this was on the encore engine like WOT or a newer engine in general it would be more worth it.