Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

American Cruiser Missions Unlock

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,538
[-K-]
Members
5,454 posts
9,396 battles

Good day all,

Regarding the ship unlock missions for Kidd, Atlanta, Monaghan, and Sims that people are discussing.....are these available to be unlocked in the red/white/blue US cruiser earnable containers in-game, or are they only available in the grey and gold US cruiser containers that are in the Premium Shop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
115
[GUSTO]
Members
693 posts
3,511 battles

They are unlockable in both. The website states that both crates have a chance to drop a ship mission with the premium ones having a bigger chance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
441
[YAN]
Members
1,641 posts
7,775 battles

Based on the French BB containers/missions? Yup!

Based on my luck? Definitely not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,538
[-K-]
Members
5,454 posts
9,396 battles
8 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Based on the French BB containers/missions? Yup!

Based on my luck? Definitely not.

Same here.  Have completed all the missions so far and no luck.  Not a big deal as I have all the ships save Monaghan......was more just interested in getting the credits for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12
[YETI]
Members
111 posts
5,182 battles

It might be just my poor luck, but the American containers seem to be dropping less ship missions than the French.

So far I got 0 missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,630
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,222 posts
13,013 battles

It does seem the odds are lower this time around. Which may not be so suprising, since last time they were giving out tech tree ships, and this time they're premiums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,613 posts
10,389 battles

The only American containers I've seen is for Indianapolis mission. Done them all to date and so far not one personal mission (ship mission). I guess they really don't want to give away prem ships that easily.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
375
[HELLS]
Members
1,739 posts
16,450 battles

Got credits for Sims and Cleveland, which I already had. Cleveland mission came from an Indianapolis mission crate, and Sims from a buy in the Premium shop.I got about 27 million credits as both ships were fully upgraded a long time ago. Mission drops are rare AFIK...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,592 posts
8,541 battles

I got the Sims mission from the r/w/b containers. I didn't have the Sims and this is the only one I really wanted (remember to the T7 ranked season). I would say I probably have opened 10-15 USA containers, so not bad odds. I don't even have the first chapter done so plenty more to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,396
[ARGSY]
Members
7,119 posts
4,839 battles
26 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

this time they're premiums.

Expensive premiums, currently on sale in the shop. (Okay, expensive compared to the Tachibana and the Campbeltown.)

Fortunately, as I keep on saying, the containers you can buy continue on sale long after the Indy Marathon mission is complete. So I will be plugging on, wishing and hoping, and at the end I can decide whether it's necessary or worth it to toss some cash at WG and try my luck. Seriously, any of the premium ship drops would be more than adequate compensation for my time. Even the Monaghan. There will after all come a time when Farragut gives way to Mahan, and it would be nice to have a slightly modified Farragut in my port that I could use to retrain the Mahan's captain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,396
[ARGSY]
Members
7,119 posts
4,839 battles
14 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Cleveland mission came from an Indianapolis mission crate,

Does the mission-drop Cleveland cause your current Cleveland to be fully upgraded? Or does it just give the stock Cleveland to anyone who didn't already have it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
870
[HYDRO]
Members
1,823 posts
3,942 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Expensive premiums, currently on sale in the shop. (Okay, expensive compared to the Tachibana and the Campbeltown.)

Fortunately, as I keep on saying, the containers you can buy continue on sale long after the Indy Marathon mission is complete. So I will be plugging on, wishing and hoping, and at the end I can decide whether it's necessary or worth it to toss some cash at WG and try my luck. Seriously, any of the premium ship drops would be more than adequate compensation for my time. Even the Monaghan. There will after all come a time when Farragut gives way to Mahan, and it would be nice to have a slightly modified Farragut in my port that I could use to retrain the Mahan's captain.

I don't know, you trade certainty, since most likely all the Premiums will be available in the shop, for a coin toss with the containers. And me, having so so luck and being a Murphy's Law man I don't wanna risk it. Besides, even though you get your worth out of the lootbox, I still don't like these practices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,396
[ARGSY]
Members
7,119 posts
4,839 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

even though you get your worth out of the lootbox, I still don't like these practices.

You have to be prepared to take a balanced risk. In the case of the French battleships, the loot boxes were not at all worth it for me since I could always just grind up the line when it was eventually all unlocked - there was no point in paying money for a chance at a tech tree ship. In the case of these premium destroyers/the Atlanta, and given the success rate some crate buyers are reporting, it is IMHO worth risking a SMALL sum, significantly less than the price of the ship in store, and the presence of those ships in store gives me a very good gauge as to how much I should or should not risk. 

It all depends on how much you value the other stuff in the boxes. And to each their own. :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
870
[HYDRO]
Members
1,823 posts
3,942 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You have to be prepared to take a balanced risk. In the case of the French battleships, the loot boxes were not at all worth it for me since I could always just grind up the line when it was eventually all unlocked - there was no point in paying money for a chance at a tech tree ship. In the case of these premium destroyers/the Atlanta, and given the success rate some crate buyers are reporting, it is IMHO worth risking a SMALL sum, significantly less than the price of the ship in store, and the presence of those ships in store gives me a very good gauge as to how much I should or should not risk. 

It all depends on how much you value the other stuff in the boxes. And to each their own. :Smile_honoring:

Of course, It's your money after all, I can't criticize you on how you spend your money. Just saying that with my mediocre luck I don't feel so sure. Of course, if you can manage to get a ship after 4-5 crates, so about 20-25$ it's a golden deal, no question about that. Worst case scenario you get 100 Dragon flags, which in itself is a pretty good reward.

Then there is the factor of  me disliking practices that prey on our gambling nature, and the premium containers are a roll of the RNGesus dice. So most likely will stick to the freebies :Smile-_tongue:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
375
[HELLS]
Members
1,739 posts
16,450 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Does the mission-drop Cleveland cause your current Cleveland to be fully upgraded? Or does it just give the stock Cleveland to anyone who didn't already have it?

My Cleveland was already upgraded a long time before I got the mission drop as she was one of the ships I got grinding up the USN line to T6 more than two years ago. My Pensacola was fully equipped as well. When the split came I got the ships back stock at their new tiers and my upgrades had been saved to inventory at the split without penalty, so the upgrade costs at the change of tiers was pretty much neutral without having to research everything (and grinding the research XP). Normally you would get the stock ship only if you did not have it already. Those who had the ship get the equivalent in credits for the stock ship plus all the upgrades they put on it. Same thing for Sims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
232
[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
862 posts
63 battles
2 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

The only American containers I've seen is for Indianapolis mission. Done them all to date and so far not one personal mission (ship mission). I guess they really don't want to give away prem ships that easily.  

The money people spend converting xp would prob make up for it. Not that I know. :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×