You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Motivation Monday - Rapid Fire

44 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,357 posts
7,699 battles

34789974_2096982330516960_20769491953941

What ship do you take out to lay down a curtain of firepower?

Destroyer wise, my LoYang has been my go to for "gun-boat" diplomacy.

Cruiser wise, my Mogami has been deadly at sending shells down range but the Cleveland at Tier VIII is also competing for this role just recently.

What vessel(s) give you the most bang for your buck?

"Strike hard, strike fast, strike often!" - William Halsey, US Navy

#motivationmonday

#anchorsaweigh

1015450271.png

• Cool 2

[-BRS-]
Members
1,586 posts
16,530 battles

Somehow I expect the Akizuki, Mino and Khab along with Atlanta to be at the top of most lists.

DesMoines, Cleveland, Mino, and Fletcher and Gearing are my Favorites right now.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,637 posts
15,132 battles
31 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Destroyer wise, my LoYang

th?id=OIP.3XyfoIpYionXkijOpgk3mQHaFs&w=2

Minotaur is my dakkabote.

Edited by Edgecase
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[HINON]
Supertester
21,226 posts
14,826 battles

There is no substitute.

vDc1ZzH.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NDA]
Supertester
5,232 posts
15,642 battles

My first Rapid Fire ship which still holds an honored place in my port is the Marblehead, Than some one Nerf'd its captain skills. That betrayal will not be forgotten. 

Todays My Rapid Fire go to ships are the Atlanta/Flint, Belfast, Blyskawica, The Akizuki, The Fletcher/Black combo, The Minotaur, Udaloi and Khaba. The Cleveland is a really good Rapid Fire ship alone with its sisters the [NDA] and [NDA]. But lets not over look the Rapid Fire madness that is a Scharnhorst and Tirpitz that get ships inside its secondary range. 

:cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
486 posts
3,095 battles

I'm finding the Konigsberg to be a stupid amount of fun. Does the entire KM cruiser line play the same way? Because I'm digging it.

I know the Shchors isn't really a rapid fire thing, but it's ridonkulous what you can do when AR kicks in and your spamming HE all over the place. Wish I could win in it more.

For DDs, the Clubson, Farragut, and Mahan have all been absurd amounts of fun. Like, I always have a smile on my face when playing them.  I get why they call them lolibotes. Hope the Benson is similarly entertaining.

Edited by MajorEnglush
  • Cool 1

[MLPVA]
Members
290 posts
3,617 battles

Bismarck. Any ship within 11.5 kilometers quickly gets subjected to a withering hail of secondary fire.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,760 posts
9,362 battles

GK FULL IFHE Secondary Build with Adrenalin Rush and 406mm's! x519 Secondary Hits!! Germans... ~ Wir Zerstoren ~GK Ranked Season  9_Rank 7-01_5192ndarys.jpg

For DD: If mid Tier Akizuki hands down; if High Tier then Z-52 (no it is not fast firing), it is soooo versatile, and that AP! Add RPF and it's German Hydro and you make Sauerkraut out of so many other ships.

__admiral_hipper_deutschland_gneisenau_graf_zeppelin_scharnhorst_and_others_azur_lane_drawn_by_summersketch__705b8269dc31d9bce1ce568cac67fb6a.jpg

For CA: (atm) Krondshtadt... "Hit Hard, Hit Fast, Hit Often", wrong nation, right philosophy.... 'nough said. (Eventually I'll get around to finishing grinding out that Hindenburgh) - I want to put Scharnhorst in this slot but WGing tells me she's a Battlecruisership; despite being Queen of the Heavy Cruisers (She's my absolute favorite)

Scharnhorst is OP 3v1 BB Fight 01.png

CV: [Still waiting for re-release of Graf Zeppelin - thx]

• Cool 1

[NGAGE]
Members
1,396 posts
8,086 battles

I want to say Akizuki out of love...

But my play history says Khaba...

I'm a horrible person...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
773 posts
6,084 battles

Mogami and Nurnberg. 

I have only played a few games in it, but Ibuki looks like a good dakkaboat as well.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
773 posts
6,084 battles
30 minutes ago, MajorEnglush said:

I'm finding the Konigsberg to be a stupid amount of fun. Does the entire KM cruiser line play the same way? Because I'm digging it

The Nurnberg and Roon do. Not the Yorck and Hipper as much though.

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
7,113 posts
3,722 battles

This one is interesting for sure, and requires a bit of thinking:

DD - Fletcher - She's just such an amazing ship. Her versatility and general effectiveness in so many situations is reflective of the ship class they were modeled after.

CL - Belfast - A ship whose only flaw is lacking torpedoes. There is very little any other CL in the game can do that the Belfast can't match or surpass.

CA - USS Indianapolis - Frankly bias is bias here. The Indianapolis isn't a ship with good damage, her survivability is among the worst of all the ship she sees, and her consumable is nearly useless with her own fire power, and serves to get her killed when pressed to use it. Even her DFAA is lacking, and Hydro is frankly more useful far too often to substitute it out to improve a mediocre AA package with bad range, and pathetic rewards against a CV that can literally just avoid you. With that said I'm one of the best on the server with her for a reason. She's my comfort ship, and is the closest ship we have to the USS Louisville of the Northampton Class.

BB - USS Arizona - If there's ever been a Premium ship in WoWs that has ever been quitely this good I cannot think of it. The Arizona is a much better version of the New Mexico, and can tussle with most ships until it hits Tier 8 BBs where it still excels as a second battleline BB. If there's one ship of the USN where WGing didn't hold any punches, it was the sacred USS Arizona.

• Cool 1

[SVF]
Members
205 posts
13,258 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

There is no substitute.

vDc1ZzH.jpg

What ship is that Lert? I can't tell from this angle

As for the OP's question my go to ship for Daka is actually Hiddenburg because she combines good rate of fire, with good survivablity and good range, so I can keep pounding away the whole match

[HINON]
Supertester
21,226 posts
14,826 battles
1 minute ago, Suryn said:

What ship is that Lert?

Bogatyr, the best tier 4 in the game.

"But it's a tier 3!"

Not with a 19 pt captain. Not when I'm driving it.

• Cool 3