Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

What are crap ships that mostly get ignored?

10 comments in this topic

Members
4,729 posts
8,233 battles

You heard me!  I got a few good ships that I get focused fired in way to much. I been seeing this a lot lately when I play my Scharnhorst for instance. Seems players are now getting quite hip to how dangerous she can be.  Win rate has dropped in her.  Same with my St Louis. Just won in her but Reds focused on me and ignored the other cruisers around me till I got deaded...but I hurt em good before I perished. What ship or ships do players pretty much ignore?  I need a couple of crap azz ships. Yes I do. I want to be ignored. I do believe playing ships that are a total POS will improve my game!  Crap ships.  The worst?  Help! :Smile_izmena:

Edited by dmckay

[WOLF5]
Members
2,349 posts
2,956 battles

Be careful, too crap and people think easy target and focus you down. Play the Pensacola (or the old one) and see what I mean.

Bismark is something I tend to ignore. It's not crap, but neither is it so good it must die immediately. The secondaries are irritating but not deadly to my BB, and except at close range the guns aren't that impressive. The armor makes it an unrewarding target to shoot, so I tend to shoot other things first. Of course, if you give broadside at less than 10km my 16in USN guns will knock 20K off you, but other than that, Bismark is well down on my priority target list.

You might try derping around in a high tier premium BB. Act like a noob until the right moment, then surprise them.

Other than that, can't really think of thinks. Most of the time when I see a garbage ship I go, oh, an Emden, let me put him out of his misery and then move on with the game! 1 Devastrike later, and the trash has been culled.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,101 posts
33 minutes ago, dmckay said:

You heard me!  I got a few good ships that I get focused fired in way to much. I been seeing this a lot lately when I play my Scharnhorst for instance. Seems players are now getting quite hip to how dangerous she can be.  Win rate has dropped in her.  Same with my St Louis. Just won in her but Reds focused on me and ignored the other cruisers around me till I got deaded...but I hurt em good before I perished. What ship or ships do players pretty much ignore?  I need a couple of crap azz ships. Yes I do. I want to be ignored. I do believe playing ships that are a total POS will improve my game!  Crap ships.  The worst?  Help! :Smile_izmena:

Stop leading the charge? :Smile_glasses:

Personally I prefer aggressive, but it does have it's dangers,  like suddenly being all alone as your team either turned back or popped....

Your relative detection range matters as well, if you're surrounded by players with CE, and you don't have it, or you're in the highest detection ship.........you're primary.

Members
614 posts

Before the Pan Asian line came out I found the Anshan was decently ignored, or at least not considered as big a threat as the other DDs out there.

The Krasny Krym is a bit crap though I've only seen maybe 3 of them total and they were quickly sunk out of mercy.

Members
4,729 posts
8,233 battles
1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

Be careful, too crap and people think easy target and focus you down. Play the Pensacola (or the old one) and see what I mean.

Bismark is something I tend to ignore. It's not crap, but neither is it so good it must die immediately. The secondaries are irritating but not deadly to my BB, and except at close range the guns aren't that impressive. The armor makes it an unrewarding target to shoot, so I tend to shoot other things first. Of course, if you give broadside at less than 10km my 16in USN guns will knock 20K off you, but other than that, Bismark is well down on my priority target list.

You might try derping around in a high tier premium BB. Act like a noob until the right moment, then surprise them.

Other than that, can't really think of thinks. Most of the time when I see a garbage ship I go, oh, an Emden, let me put him out of his misery and then move on with the game! 1 Devastrike later, and the trash has been culled.

Tks.  By the way...I don't have to "act" like a noob. I am perfectly capable at times of noobing without acting. :Smile_teethhappy:  I got Pensacola in that deal with Cleveland but I don't think, from what some say, that she sucks enough for the strategy I have outlined. Part of my plan is to not be a target early on.  Azz sit out of range then sweep in and fight the ships that others have already damaged bad.  Even a total crap ship can kill a Red that only has 1/4 health left. Yup. I will be hated for doing that tactic however. Carry on mate. 

Edited by dmckay

[HUNGS]
Members
1,695 posts
3,603 battles

Any IJN battleship or cruiser honestly I'd completely ignored and they are pretty good ships in both lines

[RLGN]
Members
10,935 posts
20,000 battles
3 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

Idiot Emden driver... Should be off murdering destroyers instead of attracting the attention of someone else..

2 hours ago, Optio_Praetorii said:

The Krasny Krym is a bit crap though I've only seen maybe 3 of them total and they were quickly sunk out of mercy.

Love the heck out of The Donut. Treat it like a destroyer and do just fine in it.

2 hours ago, warpath_33 said:

The obvious answer is of course Mutsuki.

Getting ignored in Mut is great; it’s one of my best wr destroyers.

Of course; when I parlay that concealment into appearing at 2k or less with 6 x 14k damage torpedoes, they tend not to ignore me any more...

...at least for a few seconds. :Smile_teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this