MerlinMedic

Poor Customer Service

27 comments in this topic

[ALS]
Members
78 posts
7,847 battles

Hey WOW:

Why should I spend my hard earned cash on your game when there is little to no service?  I submitted a ticket over a minor issue on a Monday, seven days latter you replied:  'be more aware of people crashing into you and don't fire as they do 'cause, you know you will be penalized.  Case closed.'  I realized you weren't going to do anything with my 2 games penalty wearing the rose colours, but can your support people attempt to be a little more professional and timely?  Seven days to answer a paying customer is unacceptable.  A flippant or blase response is not acceptable.  If a customer has gone to the effort to file a ticket given how hard you have made to do to file a ticket, they are upset.  Maybe some professionalism would help.  An acknowledgement, no matter how false, that you will bring to the "appropriate" people would help, especially since the fix is a simple warning alarm that a player has sailed into your arc of fire!

So why am I going to renew my premium player?  

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLF7]
Members
11,900 posts

Nyet, automated responses are the norm...and there is no recourse in their overzealous automated punishment system.

Doesn't matter who's at fault, you, the computer, the internet or the game itself, you must be punished!:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,397 posts
14,922 battles

Let us see....

Mini map to see location of ships near you.... check.

Ability to zoom out to look around your ship... check.

Collision sound when grinding a ship... check.

So you shot a friendly ship... enough to turn pink.

No big deal, it happens, move on...

By posting this complaint it can be borderline EULA violation by disputing a ticket or friendly fire penalty.

And yes it is frustrating shooting a friendly ship...

• Cool 2

[ALS]
Members
78 posts
7,847 battles
8 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

By posting this complaint it can be borderline EULA violation by disputing a ticket or friendly fire penalty.

And yes it is frustrating shooting a friendly ship...

Actually I am decrying the poor customer service and asking why WOW expects me to keep paying when they don't provide good service.  The penalty is meaningless:  rose is the new black as we all can see.  Also, there is a simple programming fix:  a warning that  advises you when some one is in your arc of fire.  They want to censor or ban a paying customer who is telling them to step up their game that is their Right, just as it is my Right to take my cash elsewhere.  

• Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,445 posts
11,346 battles

This thread is going places, locked and nuked. From your post is looks like you filed a ticket for turning pink after firing your guns with someone right next to you. They were right to close it, your ordnance your responsibility. Why it took so long is probably because they were under a heavier load than normal. Learn some patience young padawan.

[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,637 battles

I just like posting in lock threads.

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
21,032 posts
21,114 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

Hmm they might be backed up due to players submitting tickets for silly things. :cap_like:

Rip, they may be backed up, so a less than timely response can be understandable.  But that's no excuse for not being respectful and professional to anyone who takes the time and effort to submit a ticket.

[SALVO]
Members
21,032 posts
21,114 battles
1 hour ago, MerlinMedic said:

Hey WOW:

Why should I spend my hard earned cash on your game when there is little to no service?  I submitted a ticket over a minor issue on a Monday, seven days latter you replied:  'be more aware of people crashing into you and don't fire as they do 'cause, you know you will be penalized.  Case closed.'  I realized you weren't going to do anything with my 2 games penalty wearing the rose colours, but can your support people attempt to be a little more professional and timely?  Seven days to answer a paying customer is unacceptable.  A flippant or blase response is not acceptable.  If a customer has gone to the effort to file a ticket given how hard you have made to do to file a ticket, they are upset.  Maybe some professionalism would help.  An acknowledgement, no matter how false, that you will bring to the "appropriate" people would help, especially since the fix is a simple warning alarm that a player has sailed into your arc of fire!

So why am I going to renew my premium player?  

Merlin, I don't know the exact details of your complaint.  I agree that CS people should always be respectful to anyone that takes the time to file a ticket.

It would be interesting to see the exact text of your complaint, just to get the proper context.  Though given the response, it seems that your complaint had to do with team mates running into you and getting too close to you, between your guns and the enemy.  And while I personally think that the devs should make some changes in these areas, you should understand that friendly/accidental ramming is just the cost of doing business in this game, because teams do NOT maneuver like ships in a real life navy.  And occasionally, friendly ships do get so close to you that you can't see them while you're in bino mode.  So, until WG does make changes in this area (if ever), it is on you to pay closer attention to these things.

[SALVO]
Members
21,032 posts
21,114 battles

I have a gripe with Customer Service that I think is more substantial than the OP's.

About 7-10 days ago, WoWS started to have serious FPS issues.  I made sure that there were no downloads going on at the time (nope, none).  I rebooted my router (didn't fix the prob).  I updated and clean installed my graphics driver, no joy.  I uninstalled and re-downloaded the entire WoWS client, nada.  So finally, I contacted WG CS.  And over a couple of days, we went through a number of steps, that ended with them having me do a "clean reboot" of my laptop.  I'd never heard of a "clean reboot", but they gave me a link to the process, so that was good.  And after the clean reboot, the game ran fine.  This is where my problem with CS begins.  At this point, they washed their hands of the problem, saying that the game issue was resolved.  But they left my PC in a mess, from my perspective by having me disable a crapton of stuff in the start up processes without giving me any help as to how to identify the offending process.  All they said was to re-enable each process one at a time.  Sorry, but that is extremely unacceptable.  You make a mess on my PC, it's up to YOU to fix it!!!

@Radar_X @Gneisenau013

Guys, it'd be nice if you could do something to help me with this.  This is like a car repair guy fixing the transmission on your car, but not putting everything else he had to yank out back where it was in the first place!!!    It's ridiculous!

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Supertester, Beta Testers, Modder
5,783 posts
7,306 battles

I could have sworn the game tells you “don’t fire at your allies” if you accidentally do it, so the warning is already there.

[GWG]
[GWG]
20,445 posts
11,346 battles
2 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

I could have sworn the game tells you “don’t fire at your allies” if you accidentally do it, so the warning is already there.

It does but if you unload a full broadside of cruiser or BB HE into someone you will turn pink in quick time if they are unwilling or unable to put it out.

Supertester, Beta Testers, Modder
5,783 posts
7,306 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

It does but if you unload a full broadside of cruiser or BB HE into someone you will turn pink in quick time if they are unwilling or unable to put it out.

I wouldn’t know, haven’t become pink yet :|

[GWG]
[GWG]
20,445 posts
11,346 battles
Just now, Compassghost said:

I wouldn’t know, haven’t become pink yet :|

Lucky you.

[RQL]
Privateers
255 posts
10,364 battles

Honest question,  has there ever been a situation where someone submitted a ticket and got de-pinked? Can customer service even do that? Never mind if it's worth the effort or not (can't think of when it would) , the question is if it's even possible.  

Might save a lot of angst if we knew.  

[ALS]
Members
78 posts
7,847 battles
56 minutes ago, Crucis said:

friendly/accidental ramming is just the cost of doing business in this game, because teams do NOT maneuver like ships in a real life navy.

I have no problem with this:  we all get caught up in the heat of the battle and do it.  Several years ago 4.?.? I'm guessing this one player kept ramming me to the point I was getting set on fire by the enemy so I DID kill him.  I earned and deserved the pink that day.  I was a "bit" annoyed.  ;)  Now however TK penalties are so silly that you see a rose ship most every higher tier battle.  Of course, that still doesn't  solve WOWs poor CS.

25 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Exactly what happened.  I was messing around with my New York and some CA slid into me as I fired.  One broadside.  Wearin' the Pink.  :/ 

[GWG]
[GWG]
20,445 posts
11,346 battles
6 minutes ago, MerlinMedic said:

I have no problem with this:  we all get caught up in the heat of the battle and do it.  Several years ago 4.?.? I'm guessing this one player kept ramming me to the point I was getting set on fire by the enemy so I DID kill him.  I earned and deserved the pink that day.  I was a "bit" annoyed.  ;)  Now however TK penalties are so silly that you see a rose ship most every higher tier battle.  Of course, that still doesn't  solve WOWs poor CS.

Exactly what happened.  I was messing around with my New York and some CA slid into me as I fired.  One broadside.  Wearin' the Pink.  :/ 

Been there myself, which is why even with the fastest firing guns i zoom out often to make sure no friendly is sneaking up on me.

[ALS]
Members
78 posts
7,847 battles
2 minutes ago, TheBigM145 said:

Honest question,  has there ever been a situation where someone submitted a ticket and got de-pinked? Can customer service even do that? Never mind if it's worth the effort or not (can't think of when it would) , the question is if it's even possible.  

Might save a lot of angst if we knew.  

It was only 2 game pink.  That was gone in a few minutes.  My complaint is a) it should have never happened.  With all the AI give us a warning that there is a player in our ark of fire.  b)  SEVEN!!!!!! days to respond to a ticket with an answer that basically said:  "watch where you fire".  

I actually try to avoid crashes and get upset with myself when I do hit a player whether it is with gunfire or a torp.  Sometimes the situation calls for me to take a bad shot:  to sink the enemy & my fire may hit a teammate.  I won't take the shot unless the teammate tells me to.

So, WOW can resolve this self inflicted wound (maybe THEY should be pink for a day?  :cap_haloween:) by:  adding in the simple AI fix/warning on players in your arc of fire.  Having customer service respond within 24 hours or they give you an hour premium for every hour over 24 hours it takes them to respond or other such incentive for them to do their job.  Lastly educate CS on professionalism and how to communicate the same.

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,340 posts
7,588 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

I have a gripe with Customer Service that I think is more substantial than the OP's.

About 7-10 days ago, WoWS started to have serious FPS issues.  I made sure that there were no downloads going on at the time (nope, none).  I rebooted my router (didn't fix the prob).  I updated and clean installed my graphics driver, no joy.  I uninstalled and re-downloaded the entire WoWS client, nada.  So finally, I contacted WG CS.  And over a couple of days, we went through a number of steps, that ended with them having me do a "clean reboot" of my laptop.  I'd never heard of a "clean reboot", but they gave me a link to the process, so that was good.  And after the clean reboot, the game ran fine.  This is where my problem with CS begins.  At this point, they washed their hands of the problem, saying that the game issue was resolved.  But they left my PC in a mess, from my perspective by having me disable a crapton of stuff in the start up processes without giving me any help as to how to identify the offending process.  All they said was to re-enable each process one at a time.  Sorry, but that is extremely unacceptable.  You make a mess on my PC, it's up to YOU to fix it!!!

@Radar_X @Gneisenau013

Guys, it'd be nice if you could do something to help me with this.  This is like a car repair guy fixing the transmission on your car, but not putting everything else he had to yank out back where it was in the first place!!!    It's ridiculous!

Ahoy Crucis,

Can you send me a private message about this?

#anchorsaweigh

[SMI-1]
Members
312 posts
8,882 battles

@MerlinMedic I agree with you  my friend, and normally I don't complain to WG, but yesterday I was in a tier 6-7-8 battle with my Dunkirk, on the north end of the Sleeping Giant map, had one DD with me about 10 clicks from me to the south, once I engaged with the enemy at the cap, this little dd just getting closer and closer to me slowing down, shot his torps and then decided to collide with me in the stern, then he pulled up along my other side so he did not have to take any damage from the ships shooting at me, just to me this being a coward, he kept bumping into me the whole battle, and between my horn and texting in chat he just stayed right  there, more and more pink warning messages. Then I slowed down to turn around and he hit me in the bow trying to get behind me again, as soon as he hit me, the pink warning comes up, I have been given a disiplanary penalty and turn pink, I have not been pink in over 8 months due to this stupid damage model WG has running. I know it does no good to complain to WG support, one week and they read from the same script every god damn time. I have three Premiums Accounts for clans and I am really thinking about stopping the premium time.

Until WG does something about this Team damage model they have running my battles per day will go way down.

Problem for WG is they don't care about the normal popular size of the player base, even though we pay for most of the game every day.

Thanks, Sere_Pj - [SMI] Commander [WCA]

Members
470 posts
9,728 battles

I feel like this isn’t an issue that customer service should have to deal with as it is upto a captain to control their guns and be aware. 

That said it would be good to get a response sooner.

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,397 posts
14,922 battles
5 hours ago, MerlinMedic said:

Actually I am decrying the poor customer service and asking why WOW expects me to keep paying when they don't provide good service.  The penalty is meaningless:  rose is the new black as we all can see.  Also, there is a simple programming fix:  a warning that  advises you when some one is in your arc of fire.  They want to censor or ban a paying customer who is telling them to step up their game that is their Right, just as it is my Right to take my cash elsewhere.  

I have fired a Mogami salvo right into a dumb battleship driver that sailed too close to me...

When in sniper view you cannot see friendly ships...

Poor BB driver burned to death...

A safety feature if an allied ship is too close to your guns would be nice.

[GWG]
[GWG]
20,445 posts
11,346 battles
12 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I have fired a Mogami salvo right into a dumb battleship driver that sailed too close to me...

When in sniper view you cannot see friendly ships...

Poor BB driver burned to death...

A safety feature if an allied ship is too close to your guns would be nice.

I think the reason they don't have that in the game is no ship is so fast that sticking your head up every 20 seconds or so and looking will be able to get in front of your guns.

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

Is turning pink really ticket worthy?

And if everyone is submitting tickets when they turn pink, 7 days is an incredible response time. 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
20,445 posts
11,346 battles
1 minute ago, Capt_h2o said:

Is turning pink really ticket worthy?

And if everyone is submitting tickets when they turn pink, 7 days is an incredible response time. 

Simply turning pink isn't ticket worthy and is a nuisance ticket.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1