Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

I really like the New Orleans Replacement at Tier VIII

7 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
6,687 posts
9,796 battles

To me, the Pensacola was a tin can nightmare to be ground past as fast as I could. To my dismay, the next ship, the New Orleans, was not much better. More often than not I'd be summarily deleted as everyone on the enemy team sought out and shot at the "radar cruiser" before I'd had a chance to even return fire. The NO just seemed over-matched at its tier. Much to my delight, however, the new tier VIII Baltimore is everything I'd hoped the New Orleans would be. It's tanky, fast-firing, hard hitting and quite good at knocking down planes. In other words -- it's a joy to drive, especially in those rare games when it's high tier.

screenshot.jpg

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,059 posts
4,743 battles

now to wait for island huggers light cruisers to come...

[WOLF7]
Members
10,361 posts
21 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

Cleveland is already out there, but I think most players are quickly finding the Atlanta play style is not as easy as it looks.:Smile_glasses:

And at tier 7, are we going to be forced to choose between CE and IFHE? No concealment mod for tier 7, and light cruisers are lunch without CE.

Edited by awiggin

[INTEL]
Members
6,740 posts
26,517 battles

Kept Pensacola for the time being. Probably will use it in Ops.

Sold NOLA. Don't like the new version.

Liking Baltimore. A keeper. Those guns are still awesome.

Edited by alexf24

Members
2,134 posts
4,850 battles
2 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

Will we see a boom in their population for about a week or two after their release? (At approximately when will they go love?)

Me: "Finally, this island should be safe."

(spams shells)

"wth WHY IS mY TEAM abandoning the cap! Oh wth I am being flanked by half their force!" Dammit!"

(escapes on a sliver of health, somehow manages to do a bit more damage, ends up in Top 4 anyway)

[DAKI]
Members
644 posts
7,042 battles

NO is quite the cruiser killer at lower tier with consistent citadel strikes on anything giving broadside. Baltimore is just plain nice since you got 27mm armor still everywhere. It feels quite nice compared to cleveland tho, cleveland is still the damage farming king of the line other than des moines.

Sign in to follow this