Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Did You Dominate The Weekend? Or Did It Dominate You...

31 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

289
[PT8TO]
Members
1,452 posts
13,992 battles

The weekends have started to become my favorite time to play.

This weekend was not any different as I completed the Halsey Campaign thanks to a great Solo week in the Des.

5b1e9bed22b08_70des.thumb.png.bce152c4bbbaa956878b59a27168f394.png

I also played a couple of 2 man Div that worked out really well

5b1e9b0988ca6_des2man.thumb.png.656ba280ed0cef548ce4fa3285bf3e8a.png

Three man Div did not go as well as I had hoped but still some decent results

5b1e9c889a318_des3man.thumb.png.531850cc81fb29e5f1c0f26f73ccd8e2.png

My week and the Weekend all together was solid at tier X thanks to the DesMoines, but there was a few bumps along the way as every game cannot be all sunshine and rainbows.

5b1e9ea52c1d0_Cleve30.thumb.png.51fe3e53e3b083e628dbbb7c2efce643.png

But my Friday,Saturday and Sunday Overall came out to this.

5b1e9d8073e9a_overallweekend.png.2936a1efcd4cfc5774756bea15b506ba.png

Hope everyone else had a good go at it, at least I hope so seeing how there was 11,000 players still online at midnight Saturday.

Hopefully that meant it was going well for a few players at least.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
540
[-GS-]
Beta Testers
1,903 posts
19,312 battles

As Iron Mike Tyson once said in the Boxing ring   he hit me very hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,011
Members
4,679 posts
6,848 battles

Very nice overall but one question. What happened with Cleveland?  What do you think of her now that she has been up-tiered? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,552
[-K-]
Members
5,477 posts
9,417 battles

You completed the entire Halsey campaign, or just the first stage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
289
[PT8TO]
Members
1,452 posts
13,992 battles
15 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Very nice overall but one question. What happened with Cleveland?  What do you think of her now that she has been up-tiered? 

Well for starters 8 of 10 games i was the only tier 8 cruiser in a dominated tier 10 match.

Secondly the maps did not help me out any as 2 were ocean and the the rest were a mix of Shatter, Mountain range and Tears of Cruisers.

I also spawned in bad spots and well me being me tried to make what would not work into something that would.

But right now I think it is in a good spot and with the right build and a good captain will have no issue doing well against higher tier ships as long as you learn from your mistakes.

I could use IFHE soon as I get another 4 points that will help raise the low damage output  I pray.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
693
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,145 posts
13,521 battles

Just another win some lose some weekend! Good job on that Halsey Campaign

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,005
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,641 posts
8,499 battles

I got a fair amount of wins, pretty sure overall wins out number losses. That said most of the wins were me getting wrecked because I push with the team, then  the team suddenly falls back/runs away and I'm left with no help and 7 ships shooting at me so.... call it a wash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
289
[PT8TO]
Members
1,452 posts
13,992 battles
1 minute ago, WanderingGhost said:

I got a fair amount of wins, pretty sure overall wins out number losses. That said most of the wins were me getting wrecked because I push with the team, then  the team suddenly falls back/runs away and I'm left with no help and 7 ships shooting at me so.... call it a wash.

Yeah on the Weekends especially you have to keep a keen eye on the ships that suppose to have your back.

I always push in the direction that makes it easiest for me to bail out and kite away so that I do not get stuck.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,011
Members
4,679 posts
6,848 battles
1 minute ago, DynDueMuffin said:

Going steady so far. This weekend's been bad to me, unfortunately.

Screenshot_97.png

?  Bad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
571
[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,183 battles
55 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

The weekends have started to become my favorite time to play.

This weekend was not any different as I completed the Halsey Campaign thanks to a great Solo week in the Des.

5b1e9bed22b08_70des.thumb.png.bce152c4bbbaa956878b59a27168f394.png

I also played a couple of 2 man Div that worked out really well

5b1e9b0988ca6_des2man.thumb.png.656ba280ed0cef548ce4fa3285bf3e8a.png

Three man Div did not go as well as I had hoped but still some decent results

5b1e9c889a318_des3man.thumb.png.531850cc81fb29e5f1c0f26f73ccd8e2.png

My week and the Weekend all together was solid at tier X thanks to the DesMoines, but there was a few bumps along the way as every game cannot be all sunshine and rainbows.

5b1e9ea52c1d0_Cleve30.thumb.png.51fe3e53e3b083e628dbbb7c2efce643.png

But my Friday,Saturday and Sunday Overall came out to this.

5b1e9d8073e9a_overallweekend.png.2936a1efcd4cfc5774756bea15b506ba.png

Hope everyone else had a good go at it, at least I hope so seeing how there was 11,000 players still online at midnight Saturday.

Hopefully that meant it was going well for a few players at least.

 

I only played 11 over the weekend. 9-2 and had 3 240+K games all wins which is a nice change from my usual 200K matches.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51
[90THS]
Members
133 posts
648 battles
Just now, dmckay said:

?  Bad?

Around half of the 21 days was solo, and this weekend forced me to div up, so I consider that unfortunate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,011
Members
4,679 posts
6,848 battles
25 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Well for starters 8 of 10 games i was the only tier 8 cruiser in a dominated tier 10 match.

Secondly the maps did not help me out any as 2 were ocean and the the rest were a mix of Shatter, Mountain range and Tears of Cruisers.

I also spawned in bad spots and well me being me tried to make what would not work into something that would.

But right now I think it is in a good spot and with the right build and a good captain will have no issue doing well against higher tier ships as long as you learn from your mistakes.

I could use IFHE soon as I get another 4 points that will help raise the low damage output  I pray.

I have played Cleveland but not much since the change. All matches I was one of the few tier 8 facing a bunch of t-9 and t-10 ships. Baaaaad.  Hope it gets better but geeeze. Not fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,362
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,023 posts
10,699 battles

R6RU84Z.png

I realized I'm only really a T3 competent player so I've decided to camp down there from now on...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,439
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,315 posts
9,621 battles

Recently my weekends have been better than the weeks but not this weekend. :Smile-angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,325
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,919 posts
15,675 battles
1 hour ago, dmckay said:

What do you think of her now that she has been up-tiered? 

Still lovin' mine. I use an AA build, though I didn't see any CVs, and I find her just as competitive as ever, and just as much fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,488
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,657 posts
3,895 battles

Was too busy with E3 to care about ships.

 

 

 

Much more worth my money and time than any WG product right now.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,138
[NDA]
Supertester
4,922 posts
14,393 battles

This weekend I unlocked the final task of Mission 4 in the Halsey Campaign. Sunday I spent a long time farming IJN and German ship damage with my USN T9/T10 cruisers. If you're not familiar with these two 3 Star task the require 500,000 damage to the specified nations but only on Wins. One game I held the C cap of Sleeping Giants with my DesMoines and manage to sink a Yamato, 2 Zaos, a Shima and Kag. There was only 5 IJN ships in that game and I sunk them all. 

So this past weekend was a slog but I prevailed. Also got a new shiny USS Black added to my port which is cool. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
385
[DAY]
Members
1,189 posts
12,189 battles

v0bp3Au.png

weekend has been treating me quite well lel

not exactly sure if im underperforming in montana or overperforming in des moines

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,434
[ARGSY]
Members
7,176 posts
4,874 battles

I am not going to pretend my stats are, or ever will be, comparable to those of the OP... or anyone else in this thread.

But if the second half of that question involves me screaming and tearing my hair out with rage at the things I wanted to achieve but didn't? No, the weekend did not dominate me. (The 3000ms ping spike that hobbled me when I was a hair's-breadth away from a potential Kraken was suckage, though. :Smile_sad:)

However frustrating it may have been, whatever hiccups may have occurred along the way, I started it by polishing off both of the Indi Marathon tasks and I ended it with what ought to be enough XP on my Omaha to punch the "Buy Dallas" button on the day 0.7.6 drops. That was my plan when I sat down to play on Friday evening. That was my accomplishment when I finally tuned out on Sunday night. So yeah, at whatever humble potato level I may be talking, I dominated my weekend. :Smile_izmena:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,011
Members
4,679 posts
6,848 battles
37 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Still lovin' mine. I use an AA build, though I didn't see any CVs, and I find her just as competitive as ever, and just as much fun.

OK.  Just tried her a couple of times.  I will go back in random and give em hell!  Tks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,325
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,919 posts
15,675 battles
2 hours ago, dmckay said:

OK.  Just tried her a couple of times.  I will go back in random and give em hell!  Tks

Just do what you always do in CLs ... stay with the herd, make use of your concealment, and pick your targets carefully; you'll be fine!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

It is funny being retired the only way I know it to be the weekend is when the Whine Threads become overwhelming.

My games go up and down on a very regular basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,134 posts
4,850 battles

I did mediocre during the weekend. Had a few good matches here and there, but it was mostly Meh. I struggle to get good damage on weekends because there are many more allied teams that simply collapse, and many enemy teams that collapse or fight running battles. I do the most damage when enemies AND allies push into each other. Not to say these atrocious forms of gameplay don't occur during the week, they often do, so I guess I'll just treat every day as a holiday / weekend until autumn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×