You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RustyOldFart

I've been watching my win rate slowly rise above 47.50

37 comments in this topic

Members
3,783 posts

So over the last couple of weeks in changing my tactics and game play from being beyond aggressive to actually playing more passively but strong enough that I can actually do damage and gain a kill or two maybe.  I've been slowly watching my win rate increase little by little.  But the one thing I'm not understanding is how much the red numbers as in negative stuff can actually hurt my rates over all.  Seems I dropped to tier 7 it's been win after win after win of course for the occasional team flop but that happens.  I've roughly been averaging around a 50 percent daily win rate I don't play as much as I use to but at this rate how soon could I hit the overall 50 percent rate?

Capture.PNG

• Cool 2

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,608 posts
3,437 battles

14 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

I've roughly been averaging around a 50 percent daily win rate I don't play as much as I use to but at this rate how soon could I hit the overall 50 percent rate?

If you average 50% daily, and you are below 50% now... won't you never get to 50?

Members
4,729 posts
8,233 battles

Keep at it. There is a delicate balance between being passive and knowing when to be aggressive. The good players are good at it.  I sure need to get better at it. 

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles

Good job on the improvement Spud, look at your battle survival rate. It has increased 23%, allowing you to be around at the end of games where you can impact how the game swings. What is the main class that you play?

[OO7]
Members
5,061 posts
11,827 battles

Keep at it man, congrats on the climb. As you have already figured out, super aggressive gets you killed a lot and early. Once you are dead, you have no way to affect the battle. So the longer you are alive the more chance for you to affect the outcome. Here's the analogy I always use: if I'm in a dd and I know attempting capping early has a good chance of getting me killed, Why should I die and deprive my team of both the ship and the cap, just because I'm a dd and therefore should be capping? Let them overextended, let their dd die capping and cap it later... 

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
7,869 posts
14,371 battles
8 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

It has increased 23%

Hate to burst any bubbles but it says .23% that's, point 23% it is in the right direction though. Keep up the good work, I am working on the 50% mark too. Finally had a winning streak yesterday.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
3,783 posts
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

Hate to burst any bubbles but it says .23% that's, point 23% it is in the right direction though.

I know what it says lol I'm well aware of that but at least I'm slowly improving like I already said.

• Cool 2

[TBW]
Members
7,869 posts
14,371 battles
1 minute ago, SuperSpud1 said:

I know what it says lol I'm well aware of that but at least I'm slowly improving like I already said.

23% would have been cool though SS1.

[CVA16]
Members
3,533 posts
11,691 battles
13 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Hate to burst any bubbles but it says .23% that's, point 23% it is in the right direction though.

Looks like the calculations shown might be incorrect. Not adjusted for showing percents.

His WR increased from 47.5 to 50.4 or an increase of 3.94% (not 0.04%) 

Survival went from 13.37 to 36.76 or +23.39% (not 0.23%)

The other values are decimal point wonky too. His damage increased by 22,984, not 231, for example

Edited by Sabot_100

[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,637 battles

This is how I use the stats, tracking my own progress. Keep up the good work man. It always feels good to get better at something you enjoy.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
7,869 posts
14,371 battles
9 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Looks like the calculations shown might be incorrect. Not adjusted for showing percents.

His WR increased from 47.5 to 50.4 or an increase of 3.94% (not 0.04%) 

Survival went from 13.37 to 36.76 or +23.39% (not 0.23%)

It's the last 7 days that it is 36.76% survival rate, the .23% is for the over all 6844 battles so an over all jump of .23%.

A jump from 13 to 36 would be over 150% increase. I would do the actual math but no reason.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
3,783 posts
2 minutes ago, Hatework said:

This is how I use the stats, tracking my own progress. Keep up the good work man. It always feels good to get better at something you enjoy.

I usually play just to have fun and relax but also at the same time been trying to slowly improve.

[LUCK]
Members
1,696 posts
23,769 battles
17 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Keep it improving and the rest will take care of itself...and have fun too.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
1 hour ago, SuperSpud1 said:

So over the last couple of weeks in changing my tactics and game play from being beyond aggressive to actually playing more passively but strong enough that I can actually do damage and gain a kill or two maybe.  I've been slowly watching my win rate increase little by little.  But the one thing I'm not understanding is how much the red numbers as in negative stuff can actually hurt my rates over all.  Seems I dropped to tier 7 it's been win after win after win of course for the occasional team flop but that happens.  I've roughly been averaging around a 50 percent daily win rate I don't play as much as I use to but at this rate how soon could I hit the overall 50 percent rate?

Capture.PNG

Congrats, keep working at it. Makes it much easier to pull a W if you are alive.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,612 posts
15,105 battles
1 hour ago, SuperSpud1 said:

But the one thing I'm not understanding is how much the red numbers as in negative stuff can actually hurt my rates over all.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. The things you circled are (weirdly labeled) indicators that the recent values in those stats are below your historic average. However, they're in things like "warships spotted" and "damage upon spotting", and don't take into account critical information like "were you playing an aircraft carrier or a battleship when you got those stats?". Because your damage-upon-spotting as a battleship is mostly a measure of how much your team's DDs failed. If it's low as a CV or DD, you're not doing your job. Without context, the raw stats are basically meaningless.

Edited by Edgecase

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,821 posts
15,369 battles
57 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

If you average 50% daily, and you are below 50% now... won't you never get to 50?

Correct.  If you average 50% from now until eternity, you'll never bring a sub 50% WR to 50%.  You will converge on 50%, but never get there.  Here are some numbers given a current number of battles of 6844 and a WR of 47.53%.

Play 10000 more games at 50%, and the overall becomes 49%

Play 20000 more games at 50% and the overall becomes 49.4%

Play 40000 more games at 50% and the overall becomes 49.6%

Play 80000 more games at 50% and the overall becomes 49.8%  (getting closer...but will never get there)

Perhaps a better/easier way to look at it is to see what WR is required to reach 50% in the same number of games.  In this case, what WR is required to bring OP to 50% over the next 6844 games.  This can easily be calculated by taking the current delta to 50% (50 - 47.53 = 2.47) and adding that to 50 (50 + 2.47), to get 52.47%.  If OP can average 52.47% over the next 6844 games, he will reach 50% overall WR.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
56 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Hate to burst any bubbles but it says .23% that's, point 23% it is in the right direction though. Keep up the good work, I am working on the 50% mark too. Finally had a winning streak yesterday.

If you look at his last 7 days covering 68 battles his survival rate is 36.73%. His TOTAL survival rate is 13.37% So he has improved his survival rate in his last 68 battles by 23.36% which can help account for the increase in his personal stats.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
40 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

I usually play just to have fun and relax but also at the same time been trying to slowly improve.

You can still play to have fun and relax, while learning positioning, when to push when not to, and the other slew of subtle things that go into improving your individual game play. Stats are not a tool to measure fun but I do believe they can be a useful tool in self analysis and where you need to work on your game. Congrats again on the improvement.

[TBW]
Members
7,869 posts
14,371 battles
13 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

If you look at his last 7 days covering 68 battles his survival rate is 36.73%. His TOTAL survival rate is 13.37% So he has improved his survival rate in his last 68 battles by 23.36% which can help account for the increase in his personal stats.

Bad math, you still have to consider over 6000 battles into the mix .23.36% is correct over all.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,827 posts
11,574 battles

Don't even worry about your overall numbers, you may never get to 50% over all. Instead worry about your recent stats, 30, 60, 90 days stats.

[DRACS]
Members
4,734 posts

Self-improvement is always important and anything you can do to get your average win rate and average XP up over time is a good thing. Sometimes, it's easy to get depressed at the sheer number of potato teammates that can drag you down (been dealing with a large number of losses lately where I top the scoreboard *cry*), but over time, your own gameplay will trend your win rate upwards if you're doing a good job.

Hint: This is a team game. Think about what you can do to help your team win rather than just your own individual performance. Sometimes, they conflict.

Edited by KaptainKaybe

[N-W-T]
Members
1,621 posts
6,696 battles

Is that chart from wows-numbers?  How do you get recent/past 7 days to show up. When I look myself up there, the main page is just an overall summary. There's a "progress" button - that shows one-week periods but the last one that shows up for me is almost a month ago (may 9-15).

Members
23,178 posts
5,841 battles

Biggest thing is, keep in mind that some portion of your improvement is due to luck, good teams, etc.

Too many people start to play better, watch their WR go up, then lose their crap when they have a setback despite improved gameplay performance.

IOW, they get a recent WR of say, 53%, and their overall is 48%. They get a day or two of 40-45% WR and figure something's fishy.

-Members-
360 posts
194 battles

Well done and keep at it! I think my WR is around 50 or 51%, but the most important stat for me is my Fun Rate which some days is around 80 or 90%

• Cool 1

Members
3,783 posts

Thanks everybody, I try my best usually all the times, sometimes I flop.  So in the time that I'm not out working on my forge I'm in here playing the game.  So thanks.

6 hours ago, TugboatCommander said:

Well done and keep at it! I think my WR is around 50 or 51%, but the most important stat for me is my Fun Rate which some days is around 80 or 90%

Now why can't we have some sort of stat showing how much fun a player has had through out the day, by monitoring their comments made in the game chat or on the forums themselves.  Now that would actually be interesting lol.