Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CD__gunner

Espana class tier 3 premium

10 comments in this topic

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,339 posts
11,865 battles

I'd like to see these as part of a pan euro tree.

[-K-]
Members
5,477 posts
9,417 battles

She'd line up pretty well against South Carolina and Kawachi, but I'm afraid all the other T3 BBs would probably outclass her.

[SUPRS]
Members
15 posts
1,775 battles

Bellerophon is the best tier 3 besides the german tier 3 premium. But i think Espana would do just fine.

Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
25 minutes ago, CD__gunner said:

I was just thinking that these would be a fun little battleship to add to the game. They are the smallest and the only dreadnaughts built by spain. So it would be an easy way to get the spanish navy represented in the game.

Sure I think it would be a great idea, plus it would give my König Albert and Nassau a new Target.:Smile_izmena:

[SUPRS]
Members
15 posts
1,775 battles

Konig albert while i want one badly was a huge mistake on wargamings part a tier 4 with 350mm armor has no place in tier 3 matches. Nassau doesn't have enough armor to resist the 12 inch 50s that the Espana carries so the Nassau player wouldnt want to get too cocky going up against her. Espana would more than likely out range Nassau also.

Edited by CD__gunner

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,919 posts
15,675 battles
38 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

She'd line up pretty well against South Carolina and Kawachi, but I'm afraid all the other T3 BBs would probably outclass her.

Not in my opinion, because of her turret placement she can only bring 3 turret, or 6 main battery guns, to bear on any target. That, coupled with her slow speed of 19.5 knots, and her light armor and weight, seems to make her unsuitable to meet other tier 3 ships, though she is obviously much to strong for a tier 2 ship. There would have to be a lot of "balancing" before she would be competitive at tier 3 though. My opinion.

[SUPRS]
Members
15 posts
1,775 battles

Apparently it was possible for her to fire all four turrets on a broadside. But yes her turret placement is less than ideal which in my opinion would add to her gameplay. Kind of like kaisers turret layout. Her 203mm armor is sufficient to withstand the the shells of tier 3 ships. The Kongo at tier 5 makes due with the same armor thickness.

Edited by CD__gunner

Members
25 posts
2,128 battles

I agree, would love to see it. There's actually a few possible options for naval ships from Spain. Not enough for a whole line though unfortunately.

Sign in to follow this