Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cruxdei

Massachusetts,a viable brawler?

10 comments in this topic

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,056 posts
4,725 battles

hello boys and girls,i have a question.

everyone knows the recent buff of massachusetts,increase in secondary gun accuracy by 40% and faster reload,basically a usn ship with 2 atlantas glued together.

but the quesiton is...what about her armor?does good secondaries make her a good brawler?the south daks armor profile in wows is not exactly "good" in my book,unless you show the bow of the ship.

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
560 posts
12,160 battles

well there is THIS:

so I expect it to be very, very good, especially in Co op which is where I play

• Funny 1

[-K-]
Members
5,454 posts
9,385 battles

With a higher citadel and lack of turtleback armor scheme, she won't be as strong in close quarters as the Germans (or even French to a lesser degree), but I'm sure she will still be fun.  

[HYDRO]
Members
1,823 posts
3,940 battles

The way most CCs talked about it, and from their gameplay videos, staying at around 10km seemed to do the trick. It's at those ranges that the accuracy of Mass secondaries will be more pronounced, while at the same time minimizing citadel exposure. 

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
560 posts
12,160 battles

^^^^  Yep, this.   Fun factor looks huge

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,056 posts
4,725 battles

the gun sigma is worse,since they wanted to make her a brawler,i can see that in the flamu video,it's atrocious,but a completely different gameplay from my alabama.

she stay far away and "snipe",massachusetts need to get close to be effective.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,925 posts
5,386 battles
1 hour ago, Cruxdei said:

hello boys and girls,i have a question.

everyone knows the recent buff of massachusetts,increase in secondary gun accuracy by 40% and faster reload,basically a usn ship with 2 atlantas glued together.

but the quesiton is...what about her armor?does good secondaries make her a good brawler?the south daks armor profile in wows is not exactly "good" in my book,unless you show the bow of the ship.

She'll be a fantastic brawler!

I already brawl in Alabama, just fine.  The up-close hitting power of those 16"/45s is not to be underestimated!  Usually I'll surprise a Bismarck or Tirpitz with how much damage they eat from a salvo at close range.

Add to that, Massacusetts is getting secondaries that work, good turret traverse, and loses less speed in a turn.

This ship is going to be awesome!

Members
2,662 posts
7,977 battles

Yes and no. Massachusetts isnt a bad ship per se. But:

1- Tirpitz is still a better brawler, better secundaries, better armor and torps (!!).

2- USN BBs dont take much benefit from secundaries build, you need a specific cpt to Massachusetts and that cpt wontbfit the other USN BBs. So the ship lose value as a cpt trainer. Tirpitz on the other hand can train cpt for the entre German line.

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
560 posts
12,160 battles

But the tirp cant compete with Mamie's primaries, and I'm not sure not having a captain trainer means anything here.  This capt will stay with the ship forever in all likelihood.  I can train on other USN ships

Sign in to follow this