You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Welcome Comrade Moskva

11 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
6,454 posts
11,467 battles

So, I have finally got to Moskva. I have not been a fan of the standard tech tree Russian Light Cruisers T5-T9 (yet I really like the premiums???). Some just flat out sucked (hello Kirov), and some were meh-ok, but mostly just not my cup of tea. I know many like them and that is cool but for me it has been torture climbing this line. I actually dropped it at one point for months as I just hated it so much. Out of stubbornness though I came back to finish what I started. Plus Moskva is clearly a different beast than the rest so wanted to try it.

Dmitri Donskoi was ok but I found it too much like the others and wasn't playing it much. With the arrival of the Halsey campaign, and my grinding that heavy with flags and such, I have Free XP rolling in. Decided to use some and jump to Moskva. I am not disappointed. This is more like it for how I play. It is still squishy as hell if you give side to anything but angled properly it can tank well and the guns are great. Hard hitting and good accuracy at Range. What I wouldn't give for these guns on Kronshtadt!

Only 3 games so far but really liking it. 1st game was almost a throw away (60k 1 kill) as I was just feeling it out. 2nd game with a better feel for it was improved with 85K and 2 kills. Just had 3rd game and felt right at home with excellent results (see below). So the pain and suffering that was T5-T9 in the Russian Cruiser line is finally over and there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow at T10. Hello Comrade Moskva! :Smile_izmena:

I decided to not swap my Donskoi Capt to Moskva even though he is 19pts as he works well with Kutuzov, Makarov, Molotov, Murmansk, and Varyag. Unfortunately, Moskva doesn't benefit from the same skills the rest of the Russian Cruisers do. Kind of saw that coming though and stuck the 10pt Russian Capt we could win (Viktor Znamensky) onto Kronshtadt and have been using him there and have him to 16pts. I will keep my 19pt Capt to use on the Premiums.

So my Russian adventure is done until the BB's come out. I will enjoy Moskva and my Premium CL's while I wait.

gphW3Ua.jpg

p1L4xA6.jpg

bSdtWMI.jpg

Ldb51fZ.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
9,355 posts

Have fun and don't forget to have this song playing while you do. I've heard it ups the awesomeness of the ship by over 9000.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[-GS-]
Beta Testers
1,903 posts
19,318 battles
6 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Have fun and don't forget to have this song playing while you do. I've heard it ups the awesomeness of the ship by over 9000.

Note they are Singing in German

[HINON]
Members
9,355 posts
Just now, KURT_WOLFF said:

Note they are Singing in German

Yep a German band named after the Mongol leader singing about Moscow.

Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I'd rather sit on a pound of broken glass. :Smile_amazed:

LOL:cap_haloween:

1,542 posts
26 battles

Nothing worse than having a song in your head in another language that you can't sing along to! XD 

• Cool 2

[SPTR]
Members
1,969 posts
930 battles
2 hours ago, WolfofWarship said:

Nooooooooooooooo! 

Oh don't get me started on these. The number of Kancolle arrangements and other anime OP's that I know is frightening...

Edited by Prinz_Eugen_Kai_Ni
  • Funny 1