Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

Bismarck or Freddy?  

38 members have voted

  1. 1. (Troll question) Bismarck or Friedrich der Große looks the better Bratwurst?


36 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

807
[NG-NL]
Members
5,109 posts
8,510 battles

Regale us.

Frankly I'm on edge again of getting burned out. 40K away from z-52, debating whether to grind to Lion or just FXP there (sitting on about 760K of it), nudged my Taiho captain closer to 18 points, and got a few stars on 1st part of Halsey campaign. That 150K damage mission in a T8-10 cruiser has eluded me so far, but oh well, permanent campaign means unlimited tries until WOWS server dies!

Radar-heavy meta hasn't really give me much trouble even in my DDs--but I suspect part of it is from being very cautious. Bet some of the players grumpy about it are just more aggressive and so more likely to be lit.

Having second thoughts about grinding to DM, the island-huggy playstyle to survive means a need of patience.

Bismarck and Freddy are also arguing who is the better Bratwurst, since neither has left my port in some weeks now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,647
[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,844 posts
4,814 battles

A clanmate of mine did well with Bismarck, but absolutely hated Freddy and couldn't make it work. The true answer however is Bacon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
973
[TSPC]
Members
2,379 posts
7,260 battles

Had a decent weekend. Pushing 57% overall winrate now. Weekends like this (75% in about 60 games) help a fair bit.

 

 

image.thumb.png.0516f3ffa2a5d683068a35572e596422.png

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,332
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,594 posts
10,056 battles

Bacon.

Got my Azure Lane captain on both accounts and cycled through the Indy missions..   Yawn... 

Deplastered the East wall in the downstairs bathroom.  What a mess !!

Also sang in the church choir for the first time since I was 8 years old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
429
[INTEL]
Members
871 posts
9,069 battles

 Burn out is always a danger. I'm a cruiser main but I regularly switch to playing DDs for a week or so. Since I my ranked season short I've been playing BBs. I also dont grind ships. If I want to play a ship I'll play it, If not, it stays moored in port. Result is I'm sitting on roughly 250 mil credits and maybe 250k fxp. (Fxp since aquiring Kron)

 FDG is the biggest Brat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
343
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
753 posts
4,030 battles

Hmmm.  Lets see... ok, the votes are in and the winner and eleventybillion time champion is...

 

istock_34858640_small.jpg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,259
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

My weekend was alright. There's still so many cruisers out there that I'm only about half as effective in a CV. I also apparently need to work on my battleship play, because while working on the potential damage mission, I was constantly over penning. Given the opportunity, I'd probably successfully over pen the planet. I did, however have a lot of success in the Maass, as I continue to ltp destroyers. My most successful games in her this weekend turned out to be tier 9 matches. 

The first such match was Friday night, Okinawa domination. By happy coincidence, @Ares1967 was thrown into the same match, as a bottom tier battleship. It started off wonderfully, as most of our team headed for the A cap. But I took B, and our other destroyer took C. Somehow, though Ares and I end up as the last ones alive, and all the reds have left is a Musashi at half health. I'm tucking and running, because we held both b and c, and have the points advantage. But the Musashi surprised us both with an unexpected course change and ended up face to face with Ares at close range. It didn't seem to bother Ares too much, as he held on strong while we got the last few points we needed to win.

The next such match was on Sunday, a Sleeping Giant domination match. I went up the east side, lots of island hugging to wait out the radars without giving anyone a shot, fun and engaged a Fletcher, and managed to put some torps in against other ships here and there, including nuking a NC that was a little to steady at the helm. Ended the game with 100k damage, and once again hiding from a tier 9 battleship to win on points.

It seems like all of this radar is making my "I don't know how to play well, so just don't die" style of destroyer play pay off.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,134 posts
4,850 battles

I've finally made my way up to a 52% overall win rate. Solo will be catching up very soon. Loving the hell out of Lolanta, I've consistently placed in the Top 4 in this thing more than anything else.

 

As for my weekend spree, it was MEH for the most part. Saw lots of teams do absolutely stupid things, and new trend seems to be not pushing in even when it's advantageous to do so. Been seeing quite a few players with under 2000 PvP battles, and most of them are not much better than me or worse than me when I was at their point. I did break my max damage in the Atlanta, from 103k to 120k. Giulio ate two of my area denial torps.

 

What's with the new trend of people on maps like New Dawn and Neighbours going for the furthest cap and just doing absolutely nothing there?

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,115
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,339 posts
11,865 battles

I went to visit my aunt and uncle in CT this weekend, so I missed my Indy missions.  I got home last night, and played some, but just wasn't able to do the five fires mission.  There was always an element that was lost.  I could get five fires and win, but not 15k damage.  I could get 5 fires and 15k damage, but not win.  I could do 15k damage and win....but only 4 fires.  I'm sure that I could have finished if I had the whole weekend, but I simply did not have the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,259
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
11 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

What's with the new trend of people on maps like New Dawn and Neighbours going for the furthest cap and just doing absolutely nothing there?

I'm sorry, new trend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,134 posts
4,850 battles
1 minute ago, cometguy said:

I'm sorry, new trend?

Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention to it before, but recently I've really started noticing it. Could be due to the fact that I'm improving?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,259
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
1 minute ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention to it before, but recently I've really started noticing it. Could be due to the fact that I'm improving?

Possibly/probably. I also started noticing what are essentially player tactic cycles around a year ago. I haven't figured out too much about it yet, but so far, the cycles seem to be in a 3-4 month range. So far, it doesn't even look to be something logical, like the new prevalent tactic being the paper to the former prevalent tactic's rock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,134 posts
4,850 battles
1 minute ago, cometguy said:

Possibly/probably. I also started noticing what are essentially player tactic cycles around a year ago. I haven't figured out too much about it yet, but so far, the cycles seem to be in a 3-4 month range. So far, it doesn't even look to be something logical, like the new prevalent tactic being the paper to the former prevalent tactic's rock.

Yeah it's very mind boggling indeed. I try to play the right way, such as going C cap instead of lemming with my team to A cap that's far away, and of course I know the enemy will have a sizable force going to B and C. Of course I can't fight them off alone, and the inevitable occurs. I've also been noticing Tier 7 getting uptiered a lot lately, a lot more than usual. I'm seeing an unusually high number of Tier 8 and 9 matches, and those big maps absolutely suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
474
[-BRS-]
Members
1,769 posts
14,242 battles

Well I unlocked  the roon this weekend and to my surprise cruisers aren't so bad once you get past the T8 barrier having a lot of fun with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,259
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
4 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Yeah it's very mind boggling indeed. I try to play the right way, such as going C cap instead of lemming with my team to A cap that's far away, and of course I know the enemy will have a sizable force going to B and C. Of course I can't fight them off alone, and the inevitable occurs. I've also been noticing Tier 7 getting uptiered a lot lately, a lot more than usual. I'm seeing an unusually high number of Tier 8 and 9 matches, and those big maps absolutely suck.

Ya, I've been in the same boat with t7 play. Dealing with it hasn't been too terrible just yet as tier 9 CVs still look to be AWOL. So it's just surviving radar spam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,134 posts
4,850 battles
1 minute ago, cometguy said:

Ya, I've been in the same boat with t7 play. Dealing with it hasn't been too terrible just yet as tier 9 CVs still look to be AWOL. So it's just surviving radar spam.

I wonder if it's these people grinding the Halsey missions? Is he even that good? Even if he is good, let's face it, many players fail their way up the tiers. Will they even know how to use him, what he's good for? I've been tanking a lot more shells than I'm supposed to in cruisers, because the battleships are hanging further back.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,115
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,339 posts
11,865 battles

T7 going up is likely because of the Cleveland, and the new USN cruisers.  There's a lot of action high up because new ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,134 posts
4,850 battles
2 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

T7 going up is likely because of the Cleveland, and the new USN cruisers.  There's a lot of action high up because new ships.

How long do you think it will take for the cruiser fest to die down? Will we see it go up again once 0.7.6 hits?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,598 posts
8,541 battles
1 minute ago, silverdahc said:

Well I unlocked  the roon this weekend and to my surprise cruisers aren't so bad once you get past the T8 barrier having a lot of fun with it

Don't be fooled, imo Roon is one of the best T9 cruisers in the game.

Weekend was meh. Derped on Friday, lost a close game due to stupid mistakes, bummed out my clan mate, feels bad. Didnt play Sat, only a little on Sun, mostly played Witcher 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,115
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,339 posts
11,865 battles

My concern is that the playstyle is going to pollute mid tiers, with high tier, bow in camp tactics, which were already on the rise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
606
[ARRGG]
Members
4,764 posts
7,709 battles

Had a good weekend played Wows when I could, win some loose some, not sure which one was more prominent, but had fun ...

Burn out is real , I now pay way more attention to the fun stuff in playing , just started grinding the German Cruiser line, dang they like giving citadels way more than Japanese or America Except maybe my Zao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
470 posts
6,201 battles
1 hour ago, Reymu said:

Regale us.

Frankly I'm on edge again of getting burned out. 40K away from z-52, debating whether to grind to Lion or just FXP there (sitting on about 760K of it), nudged my Taiho captain closer to 18 points, and got a few stars on 1st part of Halsey campaign. That 150K damage mission in a T8-10 cruiser has eluded me so far, but oh well, permanent campaign means unlimited tries until WOWS server dies!

Radar-heavy meta hasn't really give me much trouble even in my DDs--but I suspect part of it is from being very cautious. Bet some of the players grumpy about it are just more aggressive and so more likely to be lit.

Having second thoughts about grinding to DM, the island-huggy playstyle to survive means a need of patience.

Bismarck and Freddy are also arguing who is the better Bratwurst, since neither has left my port in some weeks now.

I'm in a similar boat.  A tier or two behind you but at abut the same point with playing.  Noting against the game.  I really don't have any problems with it, just thinking that I need a break.  I am having a decent, albeit somewhat frustrating time trying to work through "Operation Cherry-blossom" on PTS.  I just am having a little bit of a hard time getting motivated for live server play.  It's not the first time though and I'm certain it won't be the last.  Maybe it's just  the arrival of summer weather.  I find my self spending more tie on a bicycle that a keyboard lately.  I'll e back though, of that there is no doubt.  Enjoy your brats :

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
105
[PVE]
Members
531 posts
4,668 battles

I have more fun in FDG, I think that's because of MM. Both see more T10s than anything else so you might as well join them by moving up to T9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
470 posts
6,201 battles
22 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

How long do you think it will take for the cruiser fest to die down? Will we see it go up again once 0.7.6 hits?

I think it's a given that there'll be another spike when the CL's come out.  I have enough xp on Omaha to jump right in and give the Dallas a spin and I expect I'm far from alone on that.  I think it might die down within a couple of weeks but for a time cruisers will remain the order of the day.  Things will settle down eventually tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,476 posts
12,609 battles

Really getting that burn out feeling, have grinded all the lines (except for CVs), 220 k free exp from Kron, Indianapolis missions meh, already have it (santa Crates) and sitting on 170 million credits.  Not that excited about the Halsey event.  Did not play that much this weekend......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×