You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
zorroth

Will The Missouri ever come back?

60 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,702 posts
611 battles
6 minutes ago, DorkBeard_The_Flatulent said:

I was surprised to not see that ship in the tech tree. (I'm really new here, BTW.)

It was a tier 9 premium ship that you could purchase with 750,000 free exp. It's basically an Iowa that's better. So I honestly wouldn't expect it to come back. If I had to wager, I'd bet they'll replace it with the Alaska since it's virtually identical to the game's interpretation of the Kronshtadt. 

[NDA]
Supertester
5,210 posts
15,584 battles

The only ones who know if the Mighty Mo will make a return is WG and they aren't talking. See the Show Me the MOney makes a lot of credits and its thought that WG regrets putting in a ship that can earn as much as the Missouri can pull down. Which would lead to an odd case of a ship never showing up again for new players not because its over powered [the Missouri isn't OP] but because it can earn to much silver in a game. 

I personally hope the Missouri shows up again so other people can enjoy this fun ship. Maybe with the Addition of the Arsenal depot there will be a chance to make the Missouri available again, only time will tell. 

8 minutes ago, DorkBeard_The_Flatulent said:

I was surprised to not see that ship in the tech tree. (I'm really new here, BTW.)

As you're new here click below for the New Person Greeting I like to share, 

Spoiler

Welcome aboard sailor; May the wind be at your back, your enemies sail straight, the enemy torpedoes miss by a mile and RNG be always in your favor. Remember to watch the mini map, change course and speed and use AP on broadside ships at the water line. Don't get lost or sail alone, don't hug islands to close, don't show your broad side, push with your team, don't hang back in sniper mode and Have fun. Smoke on the water is dangerous, avoid friendly fire and don't feed the trolls. For any thing else use search or just ask.

The Sinksalot Fleet salutes you, 
See you top side.

P.s. the Youtube channels of iChase, Notser, Flamu, BIA World of Warships, Lord Zath Replay Theater and even the Mighty Jingles has really good content for WoWs. The more you learn the better a captain you will become and the less you will be surprised. Also reading Patch notes is useful.

Edited by RedSeaBear
  • Cool 1

[VW]
Members
2,647 posts
14,740 battles

No because the ship broke the poor man’s economy (silver). Now they have to add coal and steel because Miz makes silver easy to earn.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,021 posts
16,243 battles
22 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

the Missouri isn't OP but it can earn to much silver in a game. 

You will notice that WoW doesn't do anything about ships that earn you too little money.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Alpha Tester
2,257 posts
1 hour ago, RedSeaBear said:

I personally hope the Missouri shows up again so other people can enjoy this fun ship. Maybe with the Addition of the Arsenal depot there will be a chance to make the Missouri available again, only time will tell. 

Missouri is an iconic museum ship and as such I don't see why it shouldn't return one day. If it must cost a million fxp because of its credit printing gimmick then so be it. WG really went back on their word when they said that Mo was "here to stay".

• Cool 4

[PNP]
Members
397 posts
3,257 battles

On one of the WoWs weekly streams, MrConway stated unofficially that Missouri is likely to return. However, WeeGee could say "nope" and keep the Trump Wagon stored forever.

[_-_]
Members
2,114 posts

The Mighty Mo was a good seller, so I wouldn't be surprised if she makes a comeback when the marketing boffins think demand has built up again.

The ones you'll likely never see again except maybe as extremely difficult campaign rewards are the ones people screeched about being unfairly OP, like Belfast, Enterprise, Imp Nikolai, and my sweet beloved Kutuzov.

But as the saying goes, never say never.

Edited by TF77
Spelling

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,722 posts
20,718 battles

I would venture to say the Big MO will return BUT only after the release of a very popular Free XP ship where everyone goes nuts getting that ship. I don't think the last two have been all that interesting, least not compared to the MO so I imagine that many people are doing what I am doing, banking my free xp until something better comes along. Once that magic ship appears and everyone gets it, releasing the MO would make sense from a Wargaming's perspective. When players empty their xp banks to obtain that ship, WG could then release the MO right after causing many players to spend real money to build their xp banks back up. Unlike the Nelson, Musashi, and the Russian CA, the Missouri was almost universally lauded as a decent ship that just printed credits at a tier where the economy is just punishing. Getting the MO was a no brainer, the others, notsomuch. 

[NLIST]
Members
643 posts
17,260 battles

The Missouri, in its original form, practically relegated every other premium ship to irrelevance in terms of making credits -given that making credits is a major motivator in why people buy them- negatively impacting sales.

If the Missouri is going to show up again, it won't have its original 100% credit multiplier, the only way WG would be willing to bring it back.

[4HIM]
Members
2,395 posts
7,404 battles
20 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I don't think the last two have been all that interesting, least not compared to the MO so I imagine that many people are doing what I am doing, banking my free xp until something better comes along.

^This.  Wanted the MO Money since I first started playing.  SO glad I converted a LOT of XP and got it before it left.  But none of the other FXP ships are very interesting to me.  Nelson is a slow BB (but with a zombie heal), the Moose is just a nerfed Yammy-toe.  And the Krokpot is what, a paper bote with radar?

And I too think WG went back on their word by removing the MO Money.  Saying something will be there "for good" says it's not leaving.  But leave it did.  

• Cool 1

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,533 posts
3,298 battles

Most people will tell you no, it's not coming back, but looking at ways history with wit and their other games, everything comes back. Especially something as good and historical as the Missouri. The problem is, it broke the credit earnings. In one game it is not uncommon to net 1 million credits, given you are using some good flags (wyvern is a must). 

But yeah, I expect it to come back, but you have to play the long game. Musashi is going nowhere, and there can ok only be one tier 9 free xp bb (apparently wgs [edited] excuse to pull Miss)

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,538 posts
7,560 battles

I don‘t recall WG stating that Missouri would be gone forever, like they did with Payfast or Kutuzow. So I‘d guess that Missouri will eventually return.

[PVE]
Members
8,807 posts
15,622 battles

I don't believe it will come back or be available again unless they do it for a very short period with a very expensive price tag to cash in. If they were to bring a T9 US BB back as a Free XP ship I believe they would use say Wisconsin which is the same as Iowa/Missouri and give it the normal credit making potential of a T9 Premium and not install a credit printing press like MO has.

Is it possible? Yes. Do I think they will? No.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[STW-M]
Members
3,198 posts
7,666 battles

I believe WG said they will eventually rotate it in back into the game.

However, they also stated that they believed it to be underpriced, and thus I believe that any return of the Mighty Mo' will be at a higher price than 750k free xp.

[BNKR]
Members
1,255 posts
1,190 battles

She'll be back. I'm sure people spent a lot of money converting XP in order to to obtain her, so they'll bank on that happening again if they do a limited release.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
1,468 posts
5,754 battles

If I remember correctly, there was no "mad dash" to get the Missou  until WG said they were going to remove it.  Then it seemed that half the folks I played with were grinding free xp to get the thing.  Jingles even live streamed the end of his grind.

Artificial scarcity.  LOL.

cs

Members
309 posts

Regardless if it comes back, WG are already liars about it being "here to stay" in the first place.

Never forget.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[ANKER]
Members
240 posts
4,827 battles

Like above, Missouri will eventually return....likely with a higher cost than before. 
The alternative is another sister ship with not quite as beastly credit gains and a different gimmick. New Jersey with Defensive Fire anyone? Super heal USN BB?

• Cool 1

[NLIST]
Members
643 posts
17,260 battles
1 hour ago, SireneRacker said:

I don‘t recall WG stating that Missouri would be gone forever, like they did with Payfast or Kutuzow. So I‘d guess that Missouri will eventually return.

1 hour ago, _1204_ said:

Most people will tell you no, it's not coming back, but looking at ways history with wit and their other games, everything comes back. Especially something as good and historical as the Missouri. The problem is, it broke the credit earnings. In one game it is not uncommon to net 1 million credits, given you are using some good flags (wyvern is a must). 

But yeah, I expect it to come back, but you have to play the long game. Musashi is going nowhere, and there can ok only be one tier 9 free xp bb (apparently wgs [edited] excuse to pull Miss)

53 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

I believe WG said they will eventually rotate it in back into the game.

However, they also stated that they believed it to be underpriced, and thus I believe that any return of the Mighty Mo' will be at a higher price than 750k free xp.

10 minutes ago, Seniorious said:

Like above, Missouri will eventually return....likely with a higher cost than before. 
The alternative is another sister ship with not quite as beastly credit gains and a different gimmick. New Jersey with Defensive Fire anyone? Super heal USN BB?

As mentioned before, it's unlikely to return with its original credit multiplier. If it returns, it'll likely have the same multiplier as the rest of the premiums.

[STW-M]
Members
3,198 posts
7,666 battles
2 minutes ago, yacskn said:

As mentioned before, it's unlikely to return with its original credit multiplier. If it returns, it'll likely have the same multiplier as the rest of the premiums.

Does this mean that there'll be two different versions of Missouri? One with the original credit multiplier and another with the reduced multiplier?

[NLIST]
Members
643 posts
17,260 battles
1 minute ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Does this mean that there'll be two different versions of Missouri? One with the original credit multiplier and another with the reduced multiplier?

Oh, that's right. WG doesn't nerf a premium ship for existing customers, do they.

I guess it will keep its on-board minting press then.

[STW-M]
Members
3,198 posts
7,666 battles
1 minute ago, yacskn said:

Oh, that's right. WG doesn't nerf a premium ship for existing customers, do they.

I guess it will keep its on-board minting press then.

Whenever I play the Missouri:

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,134 posts

If the credit making potential was the problem, they could just bring it out as the USS New Jersey -- same features with less money making.